Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: 100 millions to invest

I would take that money and invest it in something that's not a sinking ship...
    Usedtissue Necro 10//Emptycan ToS 7//Puggles HoX 6//Ammagaden Guard 5//Trollololo Conq 5//Bottlecap DT 2

PM me to sign the Minigame buddy sign-up petition: (http://forums.ageofconan.com/showthr...40#post2135540)

make pre1.04 server with no guards

win
    Raistbad/Backwoods/Dutchmaster/Rangerishard
    30,0000+ kills, 10,000+ mini, still bad
    Pre 1.04|Twitch|Post 1.04

Just give 100 E and a free year suscription (included all expansions) to the first million new gamers to apply.

Still the game will sink and sink. Just because it's not fun.

Hyboria is nowadays a big supermarket vanity fair with overpowered characters parading in a PVE server.

Conan is an eternal archetype and has lived and will live for centurys. But people dont find the harsh and unforgiving world of Conan when they come to this game.

Example how to create a new dangerous Hyboria:

Expansion called "The Death of King Conan".

Conan has died. In that void of power warlords roam across Hyboria. Natural catastrophes, plagues and famines decimate the population. Let the fight for the throne of Aquilonia begin.

Make those things affect players in reality not just in name. Same world, just all mobs are level 85-90, and is full pvp. Players can lose equipment, AA points and even permadeath (just in this timeline). Reduce CC inmunities and hiding by 80%, make thieves capable of stealing from other guilds, create battles where new players with few equipment are needed in your guild ranks...

Just make this game fun to play and the rest will come.

Talking

Valar Morgulis!

Like this other guy mentioned: Start anew from scratch!
    Don't get me wrong, i love to play AoC as its, BUT a real
    game concerning Conan and his huge world could & should
    contain oh so much more.

Thought since i'm not in the software or game-creating-buisness,
    i'm not sure if a 100 Millions (€uro or Dollar$) would suffice for such
    an endeavor?

BB
    Hawk

P.S.
    @Nikepilas

Hate to rain your parade, but according to Howard, Conan didn't die, thought his fate is unkown.
    After his last recorded exploits in "Conan of the Isles" our favorite Barb sailed off farther into
    the unkown west, in search for a huge continent he was told about by the locals.

So imho, a game/addon/sequel founding on a dead Conan would rather repel all real fans.
    Certainly, i can't & won't talk for other people, but it sure as hell would repel me and i... would
    never EVER buy or touch that bullcrap!
    Last edited by Hawkeye-67; 13th June 2015 at 10:33.
    "I have known many gods.
    He who denies them is as blind as he who trusts them too deeply."
    R. E. Howard - Queen of the black coast

Aerion Brightflame. One night, in his cups, he drank a jar of wildfire,
    after telling his friends it would transform him into a dragon, but the
    gods were kind and it transformed him into a corpse.
    George R.R. Martin - A Clash of Kings

Quote Originally Posted by Hawkeye-67 View Post

... but according to Howard...

... repel all real fans.

You missed the point of my whole argument. Don't care to explain really.

Just say Howard lore is not written in stone. And the first Conan the Barbarian movie is a perfect example. Not sure if you hated it too, or if you will miss the next Arnold Conan movie if it doesn't fit that lore.

Quote Originally Posted by nikepilas View Post
    Same world, just all mobs are level 85-90, and is full pvp. Players can lose equipment, AA points and even permadeath (just in this timeline). Reduce CC inmunities and hiding by 80%, make thieves capable of stealing from other guilds, create battles where new players with few equipment are needed in your guild ranks...
    That would not be Hyboria. I could try to explain the way trade and cities rely on social conventions and policing (and there was trade, and cities, and farms in Hyboria, in all countries that you can see on the map), but it would probably be lost on you.

As for your gameplay ideas, you only have to take a look at Darkfall and Mortal Online to see it would be bound to fail.
    Quote Originally Posted by Angellis
    Off-topic: I would pay a lifetime sub if FC changed the name of Strike to Guard to the "Oh sh*t" combo! The tooltip could read: "The guardian realises they are now in over their head, and, having soiled themselves, are less likely to receive attention from their target."

Quote Originally Posted by Nephturi View Post
    I could try to explain the way trade and cities rely on social conventions and policing (...), but it would probably be lost on you.

wow

Quote Originally Posted by Nephturi View Post
    As for your gameplay ideas, you only have to take a look at Darkfall and Mortal Online to see it would be bound to fail.

I have my gameplay ideas... lets hear yours.

Fix the major bugs, revamp the crafting system, build a healthy trade system, open a RP-pvp server with enforced dedicated ruleset, and I'll be happy.
    Quote Originally Posted by Angellis
    Off-topic: I would pay a lifetime sub if FC changed the name of Strike to Guard to the "Oh sh*t" combo! The tooltip could read: "The guardian realises they are now in over their head, and, having soiled themselves, are less likely to receive attention from their target."

Post ***Warning*** Long Post #Sorry#

Investment to make this game successful:

I would not endorse a AoC 2. This one has soo much potential to just dump, it was just left in the wrong hands.

First start by creating a survey like they once did while "PVE Craig" was helm. Imho, this was one of the only things he did to right as director for the community (another story entirely). Send this survey to all emails on the data base that may have been kept since '08; post this survey on the forums, in global chat every half hour to hour. That way you capture as many people as possible to respond. The survey includes the basics. PVE, PVP, RP, Raid, Items, etc. Then include a fill in your opinions; especially "What would make you come back to the Land of Hyboria?" explain here. Collect this data for however long is effective. Find a community driven director and team, that shares the same views as far as creating content is concerned for their players. The team must partake in playing the game regularly.

Work on bug fixes, revamp the crap coding, i am not too interested in DX12, but some are so whatever... Use the Testlive server again for what is was supposed to be for; have regular updates. Hold additional surveys every three to six months to ensure the players are getting what they are paying for, or close; everyone will not be happy and that is not the idea. Include some of the promised things at the launch, siege combat (working, more dynamic, more content with this), mounted combat, etc.

Create another expansion pack at the very least the size of God Slayer. Re-due the localized servers in appropriate countries again, however I like being able to play with the Euros but, I know their ping suffers. Maybe hold one server (globally centralized); treat this like the testlive server as in, you can transfer your current character to this server on a global scale if you would like to par take in global play. This could make players able to update their character every so many months, just an idea.

Lastly advertise, there are so many things that separate AoC from other MMOs; capitalize on those differences, like maturity, fatalities, etc. There is too much potential for this game, just not in the right hands at this time (whole time imho). Also an addition, Funcom Please stop sending me emails about The Secret World. I have never and will never par take in a game that has stolen from AoC. I do not care if it is the best thing since sliced bread; The Secret World will not get a moment of my time so don't bother. You should have not turned your back on AoC.

*I left stuff out, but how can you not when there is so much potential....

Revert a lot of dungeons and areas to their original difficulty, remove all of the bugs, advertise it across the world, redesign graphics, and hire raid leaders for instances.
    Also, I would hire a team to fix everything that is written in my signature.
    • Remove daily rewards and the raid finder;
    • remove membership bonuses;
    • disable PVE XP for daily challenges;
    • remove WBs forever on Crom;
    • slow down the AA gain;
    • lower the PVP XP gain or remove the streak system;
    • remove AoE looting;
    • add the missing mobs back to Khesh., F. of the Dead, and Eigl. Mount.;
    • fix the 250+ms ping;
    • take the key away from Saddur;
    • revert T3, T3.5 (10.21.15), T4 (10.21.15), and GGG changes;
    • remove energy and add skills (like taunt) back.

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast