Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Drunken Brawling

Quote Originally Posted by krippa View Post
    Because he bankrupted Funcom. He screwed up Anarchy Online launch too, and Craig Morrison had to come in and sort out his mess there as well. It wasn't just Age of Conan, he was always changing his mind on things and had a history of poor leadership. He was a crappy director, and the fact he now works as a prison psychologist speaks volumes.

I still don't understand why people defend Gaute, yes, he had a great vision and great ideas but he was totally incapable of implementing them.

but like i said w/e. it's over. peace.
    And then Craig showed us the crafting system on a livestream a few years ago, look what happened to that. He actually showed it then 2 years later Joel said "It was funciotnal but wasnt compatible with the game" nice right, why you trying to defend craig?

Also, Gaute left as the game director because he wasnt pleased with the launch - they pushed it even though he claiemd it not to be ready so he just left.
    Fass
    Professional northmen slayer of saga
    {Circle of Eternity}

Quote Originally Posted by twinklez3 View Post
    Check out this video. it starts at about 30 seconds. It shows everything krippa is talking about

https://youtu.be/JGyvHbV_UqE?t=30s
    yeah, i want to know what the f**k happened to that game.

but it's done. no use in complaining about it anymore. the game is maintenance mode and will just continue to slink along with sporadic updates until servers eventually shut down.
    Last edited by krippa; 12th June 2015 at 03:31.

Quote Originally Posted by Nephturi View Post
    Eidos forced the release of the game in 2008, Gaude isn't to blame for it.
    Care to share your source of this comment?
    "Always review over the Social Guidelines before posting on the forums"

"Please put "Illinois ftw" in your reply to ensure you read all of this ..." -VORBIZ-

Default Drunken Brawling. I'm pissed, who wants a fight????

See AoC does have drunken brawling, well if you kindly walk yourself to England, i'll drink a beer and attempt to beat the crap out of you!

Come on, pansies!!!! Boooo
    A bocor creates a zombie by walking to his victim's house backward. He sucks out the person's soul through an opening in the door, then quickly blows it in a bottle which is then sealed. Without a soul, the victim wastes away and dies and after burial, the bocur digs up the body and casts a spell over it.

DAWNSONG - Active since 2008

LOVE YOUR DEVELOPERS, THEY'RE REAL PEOPLE TOO.

Quote Originally Posted by Mustaine View Post
    As soon as I find it again, since it's quite old now.
    Quote Originally Posted by Angellis
    Off-topic: I would pay a lifetime sub if FC changed the name of Strike to Guard to the "Oh sh*t" combo! The tooltip could read: "The guardian realises they are now in over their head, and, having soiled themselves, are less likely to receive attention from their target."

Quote Originally Posted by CultofXtc View Post
    See AoC does have drunken brawling, well if you kindly walk yourself to England, i'll drink a beer and attempt to beat the crap out of you!

Come on, pansies!!!! Boooo
    Wat bloody (pansy, sober - probably) Moderator moved my post, come on, come on..... YOU WANT SOME????

BRK BRUK BRUK *Thumbs nose*
    A bocor creates a zombie by walking to his victim's house backward. He sucks out the person's soul through an opening in the door, then quickly blows it in a bottle which is then sealed. Without a soul, the victim wastes away and dies and after burial, the bocur digs up the body and casts a spell over it.

DAWNSONG - Active since 2008

LOVE YOUR DEVELOPERS, THEY'RE REAL PEOPLE TOO.

Quote Originally Posted by krippa View Post
    Because he bankrupted Funcom. He screwed up Anarchy Online launch too, and Craig Morrison had to come in and sort out his mess there as well. It wasn't just Age of Conan, he was always changing his mind on things and had a history of poor leadership. He was a crappy director, and the fact he now works as a prison psychologist speaks volumes.

I still don't understand why people defend Gaute, yes, he had a great vision and great ideas but he was totally incapable of implementing them.

but like i said w/e. it's over. peace.
    Mr Morrison's record isn't exactly stellar either. Because not having ideas doesn't necessarily make you a good manager (though admittedly, there are loads of managers who don't have ideas).
    Rathothis|Tempest of Set || Tigrathes|Dark Templar || Isitnofret|Herald of Xotli
    BS|Sin|Demo|Barb|Conq
    Sudatorius|Noob barb on Rage

Quote Originally Posted by Mustaine View Post
    There's this piece on MMORPG, which does not quote any sources, but refers to some kind of Norwegian TV documentary:
    http://www.mmorpg.com/mobile/forums....hreadId=289763

But there's circumstantial evidence at least, based on Eidos' financials at the time. Just a look at their wikipedia entry should suffice:
    https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Eidos_Interactive
    Rathothis|Tempest of Set || Tigrathes|Dark Templar || Isitnofret|Herald of Xotli
    BS|Sin|Demo|Barb|Conq
    Sudatorius|Noob barb on Rage

Quote Originally Posted by CultofXtc View Post
    Wat bloody (pansy, sober - probably) Moderator moved my post, come on, come on..... YOU WANT SOME????

BRK BRUK BRUK *Thumbs nose*
    We could have a bout of fisticuffs, but I have to warn you that I have two pairs of claws and a mean set of fangs
    Short cuts make long delays.

Quote Originally Posted by Rathothis View Post
    There's this piece on MMORPG, which does not quote any sources...[/url]

But there's circumstantial evidence ...[/url]
    Both ARE NOT substantiated by either link you ref'd.

On a more serious note; I was giving a previous poster a dose of their own medicine (ie: asking me to link my info. when in-fact, they did the same thing days later) ~ I think my point was made shortly after by another forum participant. Crafting WILL NOT COME. I am disapointed; to say the least.

"Always review over the Social Guidelines before posting on the forums"

"Please put "Illinois ftw" in your reply to ensure you read all of this ..." -VORBIZ-

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast