Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Drunken Brawling

Quote Originally Posted by Rathothis View Post
    Mr Morrison's record isn't exactly stellar either. Because not having ideas doesn't necessarily make you a good manager (though admittedly, there are loads of managers who don't have ideas).
    craig morrison was the man to come in and quickly fix things. he got rid of gem stacking, improved server stability, memory leaks, bridged low-level content gap with ymirs pass and commons district, quickly added progression system for pve and pvp, etc.

but yeah, Craig shouldn't have remained in the game directors chair for as long as he did. once he stabilized the game (which he relatively did) he should have been forced out. Craig was a guy who played it safe, he didn't want to think outside the box and take chances which is what i'll always give Gaute Godager credit for.
    Last edited by krippa; 12th June 2015 at 18:04.

Ymir's Pass, Tarantia Commons and the 3 T2 instances were designed before the launch, and the devs were still working on them when the game was released. The first really new content in AoC (i.e. that wasn't planned and already worked on before launch) was Khitai. As for the source, check the monthly letters from back then, and various messages of Joel.

Since Mustaine thinks that 8 hours is enough to find 7 years old blog posts and MMO news, i'll let him look for it himself
    Quote Originally Posted by Angellis
    Off-topic: I would pay a lifetime sub if FC changed the name of Strike to Guard to the "Oh sh*t" combo! The tooltip could read: "The guardian realises they are now in over their head, and, having soiled themselves, are less likely to receive attention from their target."

Everyone knows the launch was bad. Everyone knows content was slow and late. Everyone knows Craig turned the game from pvp oriented to only pve oriented. How many dev letters state there would be a new mini game map coming? I remember 3-4, and to this day there still hasn't been any new mini maps. Don't need proof if you lived through it, if you don't remember, you weren't here at launch. PVP servers were alot of fun at launch and then suddenly Tyranny was a ghost town. All we have left is memories. Can keep making crap up or changing the blame elsewhere, but if you haven't realized by now nothing is going to be done from now on... I don't know what to tell you Lol
    Last edited by Halfdead; 12th June 2015 at 19:07.
    Halfdead/Ghiaour
    Grandmaster Tos
    Rogue Angels
    Time Trial Vids

Quote Originally Posted by Halfdead View Post
    Everyone knows Craig turned the game from pvp oriented to only pve oriented.
    Gaute Godager disagrees with you.
    Off-topic: I would pay a lifetime sub if FC changed the name of Strike to Guard to the "Oh sh*t" combo! The tooltip could read: "The guardian realises they are now in over their head, and, having soiled themselves, are less likely to receive attention from their target."

Quote Originally Posted by Nephturi View Post
    Gaute Godager disagrees with you.
    Didnt realize 1.05 was his idea.
    Halfdead/Ghiaour
    Grandmaster Tos
    Rogue Angels
    Time Trial Vids

we didn't really believe the game could stand on its own without good PVE, and felt that not many PvP centric games made it big, back then - so PVE drove the development.
    You're welcome.

Lol do you feel better now?
    Halfdead/Ghiaour
    Grandmaster Tos
    Rogue Angels
    Time Trial Vids

You said that the game was pvp-oriented at launch. I proved you (and all the others saying the same things those last seven years) wrong with a quote from the original Game Director. I don't have to feel better about it, I only served to correct a common misconception.

There's no shame admitting you made a mistake, you know.

Quote Originally Posted by Halfdead View Post
    Everyone knows the launch was bad. Everyone knows content was slow and late. Everyone knows Craig turned the game from pvp oriented to only pve oriented. How many dev letters state there would be a new mini game map coming? I remember 3-4, and to this day there still hasn't been any new mini maps. Don't need proof if you lived through it, if you don't remember, you weren't here at launch. PVP servers were alot of fun at launch and then suddenly Tyranny was a ghost town. All we have left is memories. Can keep making crap up or changing the blame elsewhere, but if you haven't realized by now nothing is going to be done from now on... I don't know what to tell you Lol
    Jhebal Sag was a new mini game map. Don't lie.

However, they really should have made at least 2-3 more by now. Mini game maps should not be that expensive to make.

Ymir's Pass, Tarantia Commons and the 3 T2 instances were designed before the launch, and the devs were still working on them when the game was released. The first really new content in AoC (i.e. that wasn't planned and already worked on before launch) was Khitai. As for the source, check the monthly letters from back then, and various messages of Joel.

Since Mustaine thinks that 8 hours is enough to find 7 years old blog posts and MMO news, i'll let him look for it himself
    Don't forget T3, it was also completed before launched with something like 8 bosses or something (I forget how many though, you'll have to google it)
    Here is a video of the original T3 https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BruFjRPl-no

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=V0OAu09STn4
    Anuhart
    Mysticblood
    Holyssmoke

Alienware Area 51 990x 4.30GHz
    Water-cooled Radeon R9 290X

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast