Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: World boss

What the eff is this WB all about. It's a die fest!

I would not be surprised to find that the new world boss mechanics are testing for the upcoming T6 raids.

Quote Originally Posted by Roddam View Post
    I would not be surprised to find that the new world boss mechanics are testing for the upcoming T6 raids.
    So, we've probably got about 6-7 years to get used to it then? :-D
    Yangrin | Yangbear | Krem | Marsheesh | Oforawesome | Pappalegba | Yangryn
    -------------------
    Age of Conan Wiki | Still waiting for Half Life 3 - FU Gabe Newell! / May 2014 Update! It's apparently been "worked on"!!!!! #Sarcasm | PvP approach: The 'Cup of Tea' stratagem. That upon finding myself in a PvP zone & being attacked, I get up, walk away from the keyboard and go and make a cup of tea.

Smile

Quote Originally Posted by MashMash View Post
    So, we've probably got about 6-7 years to get used to it then? :-D
    Yes, optimistically speaking

1. Need huge particle effect on people who has sonic ripple like the sonic barrage, so people can avoid them.
    2. The island is too small for this mechanic.
    3. People with bad mind can amuse this mechanic and ruin the whole game by spreading sonic ripple and killing the whole raid.
    Last edited by henryabccba; 4th June 2015 at 07:48.
    Henryx Guardian
    Henryau Pom
    Henryz Barb
    Henryuki Hox
    Henryn Necro
    Crom
    - Henryx Age of Conan Youtube -
    - Henryx Age of Conan Blog -

The mechanic with the damage I found fun, but most people are not going to do WB with particles on so it's next to impossible to know when to move without it on unless you just pay attention to the ripple cast. Not only that, but there is too much damage being given out. After I figured the mechanic out I was able to stay alive the whole fight, but really who wants to spend 30 minutes on one boss fight which is next to untankable.

The fight has potential, but not as a WB. This would be fun as a 12 man instance or something. I think this is the worst WB yet, it needs to be toned down, especially the ripple damage stacks.
    Doomsayer 2008

Quote Originally Posted by Suctum View Post
    The mechanic with the damage I found fun, but most people are not going to do WB with particles on so it's next to impossible to know when to move without it on unless you just pay attention to the ripple cast. Not only that, but there is too much damage being given out. After I figured the mechanic out I was able to stay alive the whole fight, but really who wants to spend 30 minutes on one boss fight which is next to untankable.

The fight has potential, but not as a WB. This would be fun as a 12 man instance or something. I think this is the worst WB yet, it needs to be toned down, especially the ripple damage stacks.
    It's a recycled mechanic stolen from T3, they just mashed Hathor-ka's miasma and Arbanus' blood draw together into one spell. The only difference is that miasma has 10s countdown and blood draw 4 second cast, while this BS has 5s countdown+2s cast.

They took easily raid wipping mechanics, made it A LOT harder and then introduced it for a 50 ppl fight where majority of ppl stumbles around with no particles, 5 fps and +500mS latency...
    Pogecor - PvP 10 Guardian
    Micinecka - PvP 10 Priest of Mitra
    Pichalka - PvP 10 Assassin

Quote Originally Posted by Tomium View Post
    GENERAL
    • Corrected an error where the Ursa Minor and Ice Bear mounts were inheriting faster movement sets than intended.

WORLD BOSSES
    • Fixed an error with the Bat of Nergal's Sonic Ripple where it could infinitely hit targets, now the maximum number of hits is determined by player density.
    The WB fix sounds like we will still be having a problem of people dying all the time, but I guess we will just have to see.

EDIT:

WB seems fine now. Thank you Funcom
    Last edited by tapwater; 4th June 2015 at 18:56.

I went after the WB this month; a very painful experience I must add, and after pitiful drops for 10 kills I gave up and took away the fact of killing it the first time for portents credit as my sole reward...the other 9 kills were just time wasted.
    Last edited by CimmerianGirl; 12th June 2015 at 17:25.

After the hotfix it wasn't as bad but still is a boring fight.

Issue is: if someone wants to do all their alts (I did 16/19 before the hotfix) or wants to gear up a new character, then the WB is fun because you don't know what you are going to get. If you want guaranteed goodies, that's the portents.

I take all my characters in (including newbie purist bear) once then farm it with my main bear (achievements) til I get the pet, then I either drop or bring in something I want a special loot on (baby bear possible (lvl 60) or ranger).

No one forces me to do it. Its just something out there basically mindless and fun to do. Its better to have some mechanics in the encounter than a straight tank and spank imo.

I might have to keep my purist bear since I used the only two portents he has and got a vistrix minipet. Ohwell.

So a week a month to have a world boss is fun. And the servers do get more people online to do it. Only Funcom knows the numbers though. More raids and sixmans are available too, and they advertise as a change from wb.

For those who have not done 3.5, this world boss uses a lot of the casts from that encounter. We should be thankful that Funcom did not include the full parasite mechanic. Or else I'd be still on 1/19.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12