Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Aoc is still a great game.

Quote Originally Posted by sugarspice View Post
    If we have been subscribed and playing this game since 2008 then of course we think its a great game, the issue with most folks is NOT THE GAME, its the SLOW pace of bug fixes, new content and communication. Most of us really don't expect much at this point, but when we get thrown a bone we don't expect to pay for the bone, we do think we have been good little puppies and deserve that darn bone. The Achievements are just a grind to keep folks busy, the new "anniversary, PAY content" is also a grind to keep folks busy until they get something real into the game.
    There are 20 other threads for complaining (justly so for some points) but this was to say why you liked AoC. So why do you?
    Last edited by CultofXtc; 29th May 2015 at 04:05.
    A bocor creates a zombie by walking to his victim's house backward. He sucks out the person's soul through an opening in the door, then quickly blows it in a bottle which is then sealed. Without a soul, the victim wastes away and dies and after burial, the bocur digs up the body and casts a spell over it.

DAWNSONG - Active since 2008

LOVE YOUR DEVELOPERS, THEY'RE REAL PEOPLE TOO.

Been around since august 09 (was a bit scared to try after launch). Me and my wife have loved the game ever since. We had our periods when we didnt play but AOC is still the only MMO we are committed to. Tried SWTOR and WOW but they didn't have that right feeling to them, too bright and cartoonish.

Why I love AOC
    *To be able to play in R E Howard envisioned world
    *The music
    *Such a beatiful brutal world
    *The mature community

Quote Originally Posted by CultofXtc View Post
    There are 20 other threads for complaining ...
    I think it's significant to recognize that a thread of this type has such difficulty staying on topic, NO?

TBH ~ I think this thread is more detrimental to FUNCOMs case.

"Always review over the Social Guidelines before posting on the forums"

"Please put "Illinois ftw" in your reply to ensure you read all of this ..." -VORBIZ-

Quote Originally Posted by Mustaine View Post
    I think it's significant to recognize that a thread of this type has such difficulty staying on topic, NO?

TBH ~ I think this thread is more detrimental to FUNCOMs case.

I know and I appreciate why. 1 positive thread over 20 and I get thread-bombed..... BOOOOOOOOO!!!
    A bocor creates a zombie by walking to his victim's house backward. He sucks out the person's soul through an opening in the door, then quickly blows it in a bottle which is then sealed. Without a soul, the victim wastes away and dies and after burial, the bocur digs up the body and casts a spell over it.

DAWNSONG - Active since 2008

LOVE YOUR DEVELOPERS, THEY'RE REAL PEOPLE TOO.

best mmo. worst company for it. if id have the money, id buy it and make it the mmo it deserves.

Quote Originally Posted by CultofXtc View Post
    I know and I appreciate why. 1 positive thread over 20 and I get thread-bombed..... BOOOOOOOOO!!!
    at least these forums dont do what other forums do.
    hell. ever try to complain about DAYZ. a game that sold 3mil copies for a testing pre/alpha client full of crap bugs and stuff to complain about.
    thats 90million dollars, the speed at which their roadmap plays out is atrocious and disgusting.

if you complain on the forums they just remove your thread/post. you cant say anything bad about them. ha.

AOC is a epic game.

what I wish is.

If finance and financial commitment to AoC is a problem.
    Take on an outside investor. Develop a new modular engine. one that can adapt to future content.
    Go back to the drawing board and start from the start of "failed promises" for aoc.
    probably starting with some of the ones listed on the AoC BoX (haha)
    change the hud and interface system to be modern and streamlined.
    iron out the bugs. remove this bloody invasive "item shop" as source to all your problems. its a rude transfusion.
    I would like to see AOC original box all free. all class's free. not one bit of demand for money.
    if you brought rotgs. all free. same deal. if you brought other expansions all free.
    League of legends rules the day with their vanity item shop.
    you want the community to come back. open the gates. make everything completely free. rely solely on content. expansions ppl buy sure i'd pay $30 for another ROTGS like exp
    provide lots of vanity items. nothing pay to win. (i guess pvp starter gear is fine, not a game changer)
    provide easy access to your game, spend money on advertising. the community wont advertise this in its current state.

it needs to compete with the likes of Gw2 or other games where ( not discussing their business models or pricing)
    the game system is fluid. it clicks well... aoc floating ui or game world clicks are so over the show.

rant over.

AOC = the only real mmo to hold my attention to get a character (or multiple's of the same character) to max level.
    and guess what i still haven't done any of the khitai 6mans or raids. havent done my adventurer turan stuff.

the population or access for me is so bad. i've had to compete with making multiple 80s on many servers and merges and trying to find people in my timezone.
    playing from New Zealand on 230 ping.
    yet i still know i got lots i can go and do.

I love AoC! My main reason is that I can easily suspend disbelief while playing. Unlike other games where, when I see an outrageous suit of armor, I say, "Good gawd! What a sword trap!," or "how can that character even *lift* that sword, let alone swing it around like a fishing pole?," I find the weapons and armor to be realistic and believable.

I can't say that I've found a more immersive or engaging or just plain fun MMO out there.

However, going by other threads and comments here, I must not be playing the game right. I've not run into half the bugs or problems I keep seeing mentioned. Maybe, to encounter them you have to reach 80th level or something.

I have played and loved this game from day one.
    I did stop playing recently for a month but came back.
    My issue is not the game its the population and top level raiding in my Time Zone.
    I love my guild and we used to have a solid progressive raid force for my time but that has changed now and it has always been hard for me to look elsewhere.
    Soullostt PVP9 Demo
    and 11 others I play here and there.

Quote Originally Posted by Kejml View Post
    With all its flaws... with all my leavings (and returns)...

AoC is still the best PvE MMO for ME (graphics, music-OST, sounds, combat, low-fantasy, motion capture, quests, REH, unique classes).

So keep up the good (but hard) work those who are involved (Cirith alone? Hope not!).
    it WAS. i do not aggree that it is any of those things any more.

I can find low fantasy variants, more engageing combat variants, better graphics variants (all available today). with MUCH better pricing models, and time to reward ratio. left right and center.
    what they dont have is conan.

Im still hopeing they just stop working on this. and start working on AOC II instead. with a brand new engine. and tie it in with the new conan movie with arnie.

the pricing model for this game right now is so much i dont want to support them compared with the lack of new content coming out. 8 years. we have all been very patient. and for the amount of money ive spent on this game. looking back. its only because of my childhood love for conan. in every other area. i have had more fun with less money elsewhere. but thats just me. ive just held out so much for empty promises. and its that part that pisses me off. whoever managed this must have wanted conan to pay. or there is some kind of curse on the franchise :P

i would REALLY like it if funcom could at least say somethign about the crafting revamp. this silence is just rude i think. lots of people (including myself) held off on stuff because of the revamp.

Quote Originally Posted by Melekaiah View Post

i would REALLY like it if funcom could at least say somethign about the crafting revamp. this silence is just rude i think. lots of people (including myself) held off on stuff because of the revamp.
    The programmer that was working on the crafting revamp is no longer with FUNCOM.

That aspect will NOT see the light of day; it's beyond Cirith's capabilities ~ he's primarily a script writer for events.

Last update was nearly a year ago - [HERE]

Last edited by Mustaine; 30th May 2015 at 03:46.

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast