Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: About mages

Default About mages

Which one is the least evil? Which one the most?

Quote Originally Posted by Nehkur View Post
    Which one is the least evil? Which one the most?
    "Evil" in terms of...
    Dps => Necro > Demo> HoX
    trolling => Necro > Demo> HoX

..this order is pretty much true for anything concerning mages.

From an RP/story telling perspective, I'd think HoX and demo are more evil than a necro. Liking dead things doesn't make someone evil (See coroners).
    ----
    Kalur - 80 Bear Shaman, Brunstol - 80 Dark Templar, Tallas - 80 Assassin, Gilben - 80 Conquerer, Pangert - 80 Barbarian, Xoltal - 80 Necromancer, Matzui - 80 Herald of Xolti, and a bunch of lower level alts.
    Wiccana -> Set -> Crom

Lore-wise, my take is:

Most evil: Necromancer. This fella raises your father back from the dead to kill your mother.
    Least evil: Demonologist. This fella is just another mage who knows how to summon demons.

Necromancer put worms on your body...so what do you think?
    Henryx Guardian
    Henryau Pom
    Henryz Barb
    Henryuki Hox
    Henryn Necro
    Crom
    - Henryx Age of Conan Youtube -
    - Henryx Age of Conan Blog -

Demo is the least evil i believe, he's just a selfish moron who will sacrifice anybody standing in his path if it serves his endless search of power.

While necro has death as both his business and field of interest.
    And HoX is the follower of some crazy horrific deity that will kill and devour everything on sight.
    {Circle of Eternity}
    Mellaus
    Lachdanann dt | Aldebarrand guard | Ataraxes demo | Tangorogrim tos | Aranruth barb | Demether pom | Errant ranger | Diluvien sin | Hekatomb necro | Haemmer bs | Nyarlathotep tos

From an rp perspective, I'd say herald of xotli followed by demonologist then necromancer.

If you follow AoC lore, and really, all Sword and Sorcery lore...most of the characters who practiced magic were evil and usually the antagonist. Very few spell practitioners were benign or had good intentions. In AoC, you can really just consider the PoM the only good class. All of the mages classes can be considered evil, but in AoC there really is not a good and evil dynamic. It's more of evil and everyone else with their own motives.
    Doomsayer 2008

Yeah hox can be thought of as a Hulk btw. And demo as just another mage. But Necro...that guy has got to be evil! Flesh to worms lol! But what if you didn't use ftw(heh ) and used NF spells only? I think he'd be significantly less evil then.

But yeah. Good and evil are just philosophical extremes and constructs. It's much more important what you do with whatever you have and how you use it(imo). In this example even pom can be evil(zealous, fanatical "Inquisitor").

Edit: hox dmg is pathetic and sad. It can't keep up even with Ranger, let alone barbarian or assassin. Shame. A melee Hulk like mage could've been fun.
    Last edited by Nehkur; 28th May 2015 at 16:13.

I'm not evil, I'm self-centered and curious.
    Quote Originally Posted by Angellis
    Off-topic: I would pay a lifetime sub if FC changed the name of Strike to Guard to the "Oh sh*t" combo! The tooltip could read: "The guardian realises they are now in over their head, and, having soiled themselves, are less likely to receive attention from their target."

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast