Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Review: Shadows of Cimmeria, um I mean Vanaheim

Quote Originally Posted by Khaletohep View Post
    Stunts like this may earn some money in the short run, similar to robbing somebody at an ATM machine. In the long run, however, it'll cost them dearly. Pissing of the few people that still actually do something for the game, such as Slith with his blog, is horrible for marketing. And showing to the customer base that a company apparently lost its will or ability to turn out good products is bad enough for a retail company, but devastating to a subscription based service. Combine that with the "cursed"-amulet-affair, and you've got yourself a problem.
    I actually bought this mediocre content myself, but unfortunately this will probably be a problem in the long run..

If Funcom do nothing after the "storm" here on the forums I will stop supporting this company myself.
    I'm a one of those "old" players who don't always have the time to play, but I do support Funcom with my wallet VERY often...

On topic: Good reviews from all of you

Stunts like this may earn some money in the short run, similar to robbing somebody at an ATM machine. In the long run, however, it'll cost them dearly. Pissing of the few people that still actually do something for the game, such as Slith with his blog, is horrible for marketing. And showing to the customer base that a company apparently lost its will or ability to turn out good products is bad enough for a retail company, but devastating to a subscription based service. Combine that with the "cursed"-amulet-affair, and you've got yourself a problem.
    Thank you. I take confort in seeing hits on my blog form people looking for "Vanaheim expansion" details via google. By Mitra they will get them details.
    Retired

There's not enough exposure to the MMO community as a whole to make so much as a dent. The hype from this expansion-failure will die soon enough and FUNCOM will muddle along ~ Normal-OPs.

Until there is a "real" movement or event that can punctuate the AoC communities displeasure; you're just coming here with problems, NO solution. It's really just white noise to them right now.

Quote Originally Posted by Projan View Post
    I actually bought this mediocre content myself, but unfortunately this will probably be a problem in the long run...

This is the problem; people knowing it's crap but STILL buying it. They'll be NO problem in the long run .... you make me laugh.

And No, No Projan ~ you won't stop supporting them. No need to make false claims to save-face.

Last edited by Reinauer; 25th May 2015 at 15:19.

I'm not sure if you're trolling or not - you're at least not contributing to the thread much. If you want to believe that Funcom's stunts won't hurt the company, despite what experience of past mistakes has shown us, you're free to do that. But please, let's not discuss that - that topic doesn't help us currently.
    Make Hyboria raid again!

Khaletoheps AoC-Youtube-Channel:
    http://www.youtube.com/user/Khaletohep

Guides zu Klassen & allen HM-Solo-Inis:
    http://www.nachtwind-gilde.com/guide...-age-of-conan/

I'm not buying and never will. Considering dropping the game entirely.
    Guards: Schou/Schoujr, DT: Mycroch, Conq: Kenfast, Barb: Sonofcronus, Sin's: Crazyassin/Daggerdick, Hox: Scorchnburn, Demo: Touchofdeath, Tos: Enslaveu, BS: Meballs

How doesn't it seem relevant? Two reviews that call the expansion "poor" or worse; yet people are scooping it up without reservation. You want funcom to recognize your displeasure? Go to OTHER sites and voice your concerns so that others don't buy the expansion. Or better yet; don't bother playing. That would sting their pockets more.

Quote Originally Posted by Reinauer View Post
    How doesn't it seem relevant? Two reviews that call the expansion "poor" or worse; yet people are scooping it up without reservation. You want funcom to recognize your displeasure? Go to OTHER sites and voice your concerns so that others don't buy the expansion. Or better yet; don't bother playing. That would sting their pockets more.

My assumption is, that these people have/had enough bonus funcom points to buy it outright...and considering how much other new items have been added to the shop, you can count on not much coming in the future as well (so the points are either spent or wasted). You would have a slight point, if people would take their wallet and buy funcom points just to get this addon.

Even then, most probably see the cost as paying for the epic items (they expect to be free, till realizing the grind...or they hope for exploits as with isle of iron statues to exploit this instance too) and for the bear mount (where they can hope looking at the past, that it comes with inbalanced op features as the tiger). Again, i am pretty sure the number of people who actually buy something as this for the "content" and "adventure" experience is pretty slim.

It is also pretty naive to link sales to the assumption of "having released a good product". This only comes, if you sell it multiple time, have independant reviews marketing it for you and people still play it in a year having added it to their daily routine. Just people with bears and helmets are NO true indication for that...and especially in stock market, marketing and when it comes to admitting errors, people simply lie (sometimes till they believe the lies themselves).
    Last edited by Kurt2013; 25th May 2015 at 16:12.

Exclamation The shadow of Vanaheim Review

Here are the facts:

The expansion pack is not polished and tested. There are quests you cant complete. Mobs are bugged. Textures are amazingly badly applied in various locations. The zone lacks details over all. The zone should have been bigger, at least twice as big, for the price youve paid. The amount of content is just not enough.

Its great with new content. Im willing to pay for it, everyone is willing to pay for it.

The only right thing is to add more zones and content to this expansion. The Blue Mountains took 1 min to run through.
    The expansion doesnt feel professional at all tbh.

But i love AoC and i will still play it!

Thanks for the reviews guys. This pretty much lines up with my expectations.

I don't see this having a positive impact on the long term health of Age of Conan. The players who jumped at this sound like they got poor product. And the reviews are hardly positive, which means that if Funcom is serious about using this model in the future, there will be a lot of voices warning against making a purchase.

It is just a bad situation all around. Players are upset about the way this was delivered for the anniversary. Subscribers feel betrayed. And people who bought the content are dissatisfied. No one wins here.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast