Page 33 of 33 FirstFirst ... 232930313233

Thread: What is the deal with the new patch?

Quote Originally Posted by tapwater View Post
    People have actually been asking for a solo version of Aztel's Fortress for years. That made quite a few people really happy.

I myself have no problem with re-using some assets like that. It is better than getting nothing at all. You have to remember indoor zones like that take far more time to create than a larger outdoor zone.

By definition, recycled content is not all new everything. Good thing they gave us some content that wasn't recycled too. There is no problem with having you re-visit some old areas with different quests and mobs.

You have a quite a few glaring inaccuracies in your post. Funny that you say "No one would want to do this outside of leveling up", since that is exactly what lots of people are doing. Or that Bear mounts don't jump, when they clearly do.

As to your mention of taking 6 months, that is not true. It should be do-able to get full faction in less than 1 month if you do it every day. That isn't to say it doesn't take too long. I would like it if the mobs all gave faction too.

Please try to be accurate in your posts instead of spreading misinformation.

I also hear there is a new continue feature for going back inside after zoning out. Not sure how that works, but it sounds like Funcom is addressing some of the biggest problems with the new content.
    Who's going to do this everyday? Very few. The fact that on my 5th round if doing this I have yet to receive another crown speaks for how long it will take. Someone who does this a few times a week will take several months to hit rank 4, there is no missinformation there. The bear mount jumps, how is that? None of mine do unless it was patched 5-26. I' m sorry I don't accept this trash as content really. There are plenty of areas to mindlessly grind mobs for next to nothing, why pay extra for it?
    Doomsayer 2008

Why do people even keep running that crap ^^.
    It's pretty obvious this content is plain bad, bugged, and rushed, and it's been made as a branless boring huge grind.
    {Circle of Eternity}
    Mellaus
    Lachdanann dt | Aldebarrand guard | Ataraxes demo | Tangorogrim tos | Aranruth barb | Demether pom | Errant ranger | Diluvien sin | Hekatomb necro | Haemmer bs | Nyarlathotep tos

Quote Originally Posted by Mellaus View Post
    Why do people even keep running that crap ^^.
    It's pretty obvious this content is plain bad, bugged, and rushed, and it's been made as a branless boring huge grind.
    But compared to other content, it seems their current baby and is actually updated and looked at for a while (like the achievements). So, if you want to bother and better it, now is the time to bitch about it. There is still a slight ...very slight chance, that funcom as a company still can do the right things.

A few more patches can fix the "rushed" and bugged thing. Player feedback and voting with the wallet can fix the "huge grind" and marketing thing. This still requires those who bought it (probably with exceed funcom points anyway) to try it out a bit.

Even if it not worth buying now, it is like a preorder alpha...it can still improve and get cheaper.

Quote Originally Posted by Suctum View Post
    Who's going to do this everyday? Very few. The fact that on my 5th round if doing this I have yet to receive another crown speaks for how long it will take. Someone who does this a few times a week will take several months to hit rank 4, there is no missinformation there. The bear mount jumps, how is that? None of mine do unless it was patched 5-26. I' m sorry I don't accept this trash as content really. There are plenty of areas to mindlessly grind mobs for next to nothing, why pay extra for it?
    Some people will do it every day, some may do it once a week, and anywhere in between. As for the bear mount not jumping, it was hotfixed on May 21st.

Here is a quote from the testlive forums:
    Quote Originally Posted by Sunstarr
    Try to re-run the patcher. This patch was so minor you could play without patching it. The side effect of it is, you can't jump until you patch.

Default Thinking on purchasing the Vanaheim pack?

DON'T.

It is a waste of money and for what? To get some rings that are better than Tier 4? Not worth the money you need to give - specially if you are already paying a subscription.

Vanaheim:
    - one map that exist since 2008 - even the Fortress is just a modified Atzell;
    - enemies in there are all in existence since 2008 aswell, only difference is that they hit a lot harder;
    - on the first run they make you Rank 1 with the Faction so you can purchase an item in the vendors to join as a Group - pathetic! In a MMO everything should start as a group and not a single player crap;
    - you get to the last Boss and you are running between three idiot horns every single time they need to be clicked. 99% of the fight you are running around and clicking - and Crom phorbid you to get too close to the Boss. Three normal hits or if he has the Axe buff, one shot kill. An amazing fight with lots of glory in the mechanics.

EDIT: got the boss down to 5%, cast Accelerated to run away from Boss upstairs. Boss disappear and resets! Well done Funcom.

Do not buy this pack.

Advice given!
    Last edited by KephaPT; 30th May 2015 at 21:48.
    .. Steady! We have not fled, we are not beaten, and even should they throw us in chains, we are there, and shall remain! And victory will be ours.. And whether we are alive or not when that goal is reached, our programme will be alive; it will reign in the world of a barbarian mankind. Yes, in spite of everything.

Server Merge: Kepha, now Kephaofcrom (still waiting for that Kepha "unknown character", "character doesn't exist" to log in).

Quote Originally Posted by KephaPT View Post

- on the first run they make you Rank 1 with the Faction so you can purchase an item in the vendors to join as a Group - pathetic! In a MMO everything should start as a group and not a single player crap;
    Although I am all with you about the the very mixed feelings about this new content, this is not quite right. You can enter as a group the very first time you do this content, there will be normal, but more mobs and sometimes minions/other mobs added to some bossfights.

I don't know if you can do the group hm if one member of the groupe does not have the horn-debuff, but nm you can do right away in a group.

Page 33 of 33 FirstFirst ... 232930313233