Page 21 of 33 FirstFirst ... 1117181920212223242531 ... LastLast

Thread: What is the deal with the new patch?

Quote Originally Posted by Jaedelyia View Post
    The problem is that the complaints probably won't fall in the good ears. Cirith did read them, but I'm pretty sure not in charge of anything related to marketing decision. I seriously doubt any guy behind the paywall decision read the forums, and since apparently we don't have a game director anymore, feedback to them will be difficult.

It might be a part of the job of Sezmra, as a community manager, but she's nowhere to be seen in this thread.
    The moderation team forwards all major complaints to Sezmra and Tomium, and I assure you they read what needs to be read.
    Short cuts make long delays.

this was a complete cash grab by funcom. they didn't think to once tell us in advance that this was paid content? and the price is ridiculous, 15 euro? it costs the same as Turan, and Turan is much bigger (new large zone, 2 solo instances, raid, couple group dungeons).

this content just uses existing zones with a few minor tweaks from what ive been told (because im not spending money to buy it out of principle).

aoc is most expensive mmo to play, and the quality of content in this game isn't even that great either.

A picture says more than a hundred flame posts, they say. Therefore, our raid members have joined forces to give a picture of our opinion of this event.

Make Hyboria raid again!

Khaletoheps AoC-Youtube-Channel:
    http://www.youtube.com/user/Khaletohep

Guides zu Klassen & allen HM-Solo-Inis:
    http://www.nachtwind-gilde.com/guide...-age-of-conan/

Default Sezmra said

http://forums.ageofconan.com/showthr...ow-of-Vanaheim

Naturally, we've been reading up on the feedback you've all provided us. Let me say that The Shadow of Vanaheim content pack was in no way intended to infuriate our player base. We want you to enjoy playing Age of Conan, to have fun!

Our intention was to release new store items that would be obtained in a more engaging way: through new content. Instead of purchasing a new item and it then be delivered to you without any real fanfare, you'd go out and experience a new adventure tied to it while still adding to your growing collection of vanity armors or mounts. I admit that the timing of the Anniversary might have reinforced assumptions, but that was not our intention. We'd like to move forward with releases such as these, providing newer, more inventive ways of customizing your experience. We felt that debuting the first of these during Age of Conan's anniversary was a way to celebrate the game's longevity.

Your frustation is not lost on us though, and we sincerely apologize for any confusion or disappointment this release has caused. Please continue to provide feedback regarding Age of Conan, we are listening and will review each concern brought to us. Just visit help.funcom.com to share your feedback.

Thanks for your understanding, folks.
    Last edited by marcos73tkd; 21st May 2015 at 20:22.

@ Sezmra (here because we can not answer to your post directly)

I hate to tell you how this forum works, but....if you post a new thread in the general discussion section without sticky, and close this thread at the same time, it will just vanish into the deeps of the forum...And you do not want it to vanish, do you?

Quote Originally Posted by Khaletohep View Post
    A picture says more than a hundred flame posts, they say. Therefore, our raid members have joined forces to give a picture of our opinion of this event.

Funny how 3 of them are wearing the helm tho...

I jest

Yupp. Some players bought the "expansion" and were pretty upset what little and low quality they got.
    Make Hyboria raid again!

Khaletoheps AoC-Youtube-Channel:
    http://www.youtube.com/user/Khaletohep

Guides zu Klassen & allen HM-Solo-Inis:
    http://www.nachtwind-gilde.com/guide...-age-of-conan/

Step 1: Put out free anniversary stuff.
    Step 2: Say everyone loved it after a few weeks (the accuracy of this statement is immaterial)
    Step 3: Sell permanent access to the alledgedly awesome anniversary content as a "favor" to playerbase
    Step 4: PROFIT!!!
    Optional Step 5: Sell all the previous Halloween/Christmas/etc content too after players have been sufficiently fooled by previous steps

That's such a simple marketing scheme, even a 12 year old kid could come up with it. Instead, they've done... this. This is the kind of failure PR departments should commit sudoku over.

Also @sezmra:
    Forums don't work that way.

Quote Originally Posted by goofy1 View Post
    I hope too FC give new mount roar and little fixed armor texture (remove or fix spike on head and front legs) if not is new mount worthless for me

And new maps hmm what say fort is recycled Atzel and rest part of map is new but have buged places/textures then pls FC fixed it and maybe give new maps little more life (more npc and more trees houses ect...)
    While I haven't played through it myself, this and all the other things I am hearing makes this content sure sound like a quick/dirty/sloppy thing thrown together as quick as possible.

Quote Originally Posted by Redd View Post
    ...Meanwhile in TSW they got lifetime Subs, B2P model, way more FC points (1700) for being subscribed and getting patches they can actually spend those points on unlike in AoC where for being subbed we get 200 points a month and they expire after six months so even if you wanted to you couldn't save them up to buy updates like these.
    TSW premium / lifetime members get 1200 points per month, that also expire after 6 months. I am totally fine with their model working differently than in does for AoC. These games don't operate the same way, so we shouldn't expect them to be giving us the exact same things.

Now if Funcom starts moving the AoC model unofficially to be more like TSW, were we get regular small content updates which include things like small new quest-lines, and they charge the same amount each time, then they should start rewarding the subscriptions the same way.

Default RE: The Shadow of Vanaheim

Quote Originally Posted by sezmra View Post
    Naturally, we've been reading up on the feedback you've all provided us. Let me say that The Shadow of Vanaheim content pack was in no way intended to infuriate our player base. We want you to enjoy playing Age of Conan, to have fun!

Our intention was to release new store items that would be obtained in a more engaging way: through new content. Instead of purchasing a new item and it then be delivered to you without any real fanfare, you'd go out and experience a new adventure tied to it while still adding to your growing collection of vanity armors or mounts. I admit that the timing of the Anniversary might have reinforced assumptions, but that was not our intention. We'd like to move forward with releases such as these, providing newer, more inventive ways of customizing your experience. We felt that debuting the first of these during Age of Conan's anniversary was a way to celebrate the game's longevity.

Your frustation is not lost on us though, and we sincerely apologize for any confusion or disappointment this release has caused. Please continue to provide feedback regarding Age of Conan, we are listening and will review each concern brought to us. Just visit help.funcom.com to share your feedback.

Thanks for your understanding, folks.
    Thanks for getting back to us, Sezmra. However, please do not misconstrue this as a simple communication issue.

What we would really like to see from Funcom is some indication as to if, and if yes, when long promised content (crafting revamp, Slithering Chaos, Cetriss, arenas) will be delivered to subscribers. If your company wants people to make use of these new subscriptions offers, please do consider letting us know what we can expect in the months to come. Some honest feedback sure wouldn't hurt, you guys know that we aren't that demanding anyway.
    Rathothis|Tempest of Set || Tigrathes|Dark Templar || Isitnofret|Herald of Xotli
    BS|Sin|Demo|Barb|Conq
    Sudatorius|Noob barb on Rage