Page 15 of 33 FirstFirst ... 511121314151617181925 ... LastLast

Thread: What is the deal with the new patch?

Quote Originally Posted by Ernests View Post
    I have heard rumours that here is good new purple/orange gear. Is it true?
    i didn't had much time to check everything, but the rings sold by the faction vendor are more or less at t4 level...
    "in the depths of a mind insane fantasy and reality are the same"

Yawgmoth (Ranger) - Nyxathid (Necro) - Yixlid (HoX) - Kaltas (DT) - Heung (BS) - Teysa (HoX) - Gatzu (Guard) - Krovax (Ranger) - Hurkyl (Barb) - Vedalken (PoM)

i admit that i'm quite disappointed too about the fact that the "anniversary content" is not free, especially because they should have mentioned it before the patch!!
    but... come on guys, you are seriously overreacting!!

of course, this is not surprising at all, knowing the community, and funcom should have seen it coming....

Yawgmoth (Ranger) - Nyxathid (Necro) - Yixlid (HoX) - Kaltas (DT) - Heung (BS) - Teysa (HoX) - Gatzu (Guard) - Krovax (Ranger) - Hurkyl (Barb) - Vedalken (PoM)

Quote Originally Posted by Yawgmoth-VDN View Post
    i didn't had much time to check everything, but the rings sold by the faction vendor are more or less at t4 level...
    Did somebody, please, can show screens with the most valuable items?
    Kattas - 10.PvP, full T6 and full AA demo

Quote Originally Posted by Ernests View Post
    Did somebody, please, can show screens with the most valuable items?
    For me it was the wisdom ring which is better in all stats except for hit rating - better than T4 wisdom/heal rating ring. Will do screen later but someone else can do it now I think
    Kejml aka Lordgraa - ToS legend from Blackscar server and Thoth Amon`s best friend =o)

If you want to celebrate, buy it! Lol. T5 was a disappointment for many players including me. Here is another disappointment. I expected grizzly bears not pandas! Do I buy an unfinished area with unfinished faction set like in Dragon Spine? Lol. T5 loots are unfinihsed, most of the things in the game are unfinished. Why always new areas, finish the old ones.

Many unfinished areas in the game are waiting for to do something with them. Start with Khemi one or two full raids, instances can have a place in the pyramids, a new market place, summer, winter games to bet to bullfights, gladiator fights with world bosses or with raid bosses (boss vs boss, or boss vs player), or one vs one open world pvp (duel) where you can bet to players, or other social games, activities, open world daily puzzles (group or single), and daily explorer quests with changing areas and extra rewards (special potions what you cannot buy or drop, or scrolls for vanity items and such). Ymirs pass, Ymirs temple would be a cool place for 6 or 12 man. Old Tarantia can be a place for 6 or 12 man too, with night instances in Noble or Common District. But in other maps can find places for these too. So the list is long, but... You know what it is.

You want more ideas, pay to me!

Anyway I subscribed for one year in april. I will not buy this just because we are celebrating. Wtf!
    Preferably I go to Tera there is a celebration too, with tons of extras.
    Last edited by Vyky; 21st May 2015 at 08:48.
    Vykthor (Barb) - Vykthorya (Demo) - Vyko (Guard) - Vyky (Pom)

"No Fear! No Limits! No Equal!" / SENNA /

talking about the rings... they insist with this stupid "can only have one" thing...
    like they doesn't know that it's bugged since ages....

seriously funcom, either fix it, or remove it!!

Quote Originally Posted by Yawgmoth-VDN View Post
    i admit that i'm quite disappointed too about the fact that the "anniversary content" is not free, especially because they should have mentioned it before the patch!!
    but... come on guys, you are seriously overreacting!!

of course, this is not surprising at all, knowing the community, and funcom should have seen it coming....
    Not sure about this.

There is a certain cold logic to exploiting the crap out of customers of games which have been put on life support. But the main trick in doing so is that you should not actively make your customers feel as if they were being screwed.

Most of us here have learned to put up with a situation where our sub money goes to other games - after all, this has been the case since RotGS at least. But seeing long promised sub content (crafting revamp, Slithering Chaos, Cetriss) delayed or even put on hold in favour of cheaply made b2p missions will make some people take a close look in the mirror. And I'm not sure whether they will like what they see. Hell even AO subbers have been getting considerably more love than AoC recently...

But as Mellaus put it in another thread, with Witcher 3 out, none of this is terribly relevant anyway.
    Rathothis|Tempest of Set || Tigrathes|Dark Templar || Isitnofret|Herald of Xotli
    BS|Sin|Demo|Barb|Conq
    Sudatorius|Noob barb on Rage

Quote Originally Posted by Rathothis View Post
    Not sure about this.

There is a certain cold logic to exploiting the crap out of customers of games which have been put on life support. But the main trick in doing so is that you should not actively make your customers feel as if they were being screwed.

Most of us here have learned to put up with a situation where our sub money goes to other games - after all, this has been the case since RotGS at least. But seeing long promised sub content (crafting revamp, Slithering Chaos, Cetriss) delayed or even put on hold in favour of cheaply made b2p missions will make some people take a close look in the mirror. And I'm not sure whether they will like what they see. Hell even AO subbers have been getting considerably more love than AoC recently...

But as Mellaus put it in another thread, with Witcher 3 out, none of this is terribly relevant anyway.
    To their credit i remember the GD announcing a focus on more smaller adventure packs less than TUran in 2012 (?? not sure exactly), so you could argue they are kind of fullfilling a promise here.
    ...but i expected them to be a tad more transparent and honest about it. This can go a long way while the workload and cost would not have been affected (sell it as a new start of independant adventure pack series instead of something linked to anniversary). Same with naming policy. 4.6. was promised as crafting. There are certainly some numbers left between 4.5. and 4.6. to put this patch in and document it properly.
    Last edited by Kurt2013; 21st May 2015 at 08:33.

The by far biggest disaster in this case is the communication. Not only not telling that we have to pay - you even gave the impression that this will be a gift.

From the Development latter:
    "Age of Conan celebrates its seventh anniversary later this month, and our team wants to make it a memorable one! We are introducing brand new Membership deals and will hold an anniversary celebration with great bonuses along with all new content."

Only 2 days earlier - what a deception.

Don't get me wrong. Given the financial situation I understand that we have to pay/donate. Communicate this honestly and some might be disapointed two days earlier but there will be no **** storm and rage quits.

Gief communication to Matthew “CirithGorgor” Bennett. The only one with good communication at least in forums (e.g. TL forum - giving planned gear stats and discussing and changing them accordingly etc.).