Page 20 of 33 FirstFirst ... 1016171819202122232430 ... LastLast

Thread: What is the deal with the new patch?

Quote Originally Posted by Aecho View Post
    Ye, it's a bit of the stretch to say that "Servers will go down at x time and be down for y time" is managing the community.

When it comes to the communication skills, professionalism and just "balls" Cirith's far ahead of anyone that's left working on the game tbh...
    from our pov (reading live and testlive forums) it really looks like he's the only one that cares.
    He also keeps civilized and on topic, unlike the former game directors. And since he is actually involved in the content directly you can usually believe what he answers.

I can forgive the tone Nusquam used to made when he communicate with us, since he did decent job with AoC despite the crippling management and limited ressources.

We had like 4 new events for Halloween/Anniversary -counting the first iteration of the World bosses- during thoses 2 years, now he's gone, and we have Vanaheim cashgrab as the only "event".
    Your Storm Field critically healed Officer of the Wolves for 7038.

Thumbs down LoL

Instead of going enraged here, let me just post what Tomium wrote in german, here on the AoC forums:

"Serverwartung: am 21. Mai 2015
    am 21. Mai um 17:30 Uhr, werden die #TSW Server für einen Hotfix heruntergefahren.(Dauer ca 2 stunden.)"

TSW server.... Really? No comment...

For CirithGorgor: I bet it feels pretty bad to see, that your work (correct me if I was wrong) made a lot of ppl go enraged. I hope you don't take it to heart... we really appreciate everything you've done, for us it seems like you are the only one who cares about the game. Thank you for that and SHAME ON EVERYONE ELSE @ FUNCOM!!!

If I worked for funcom I would feel deeply ashamed right now about how this quest line was given to the community. I see people on this thread posting that I once saw in game...but no longer. They have left.

Funcom doesn't comprehend "investment". Give players content and something to do and they will play the game.

Right now, with people leaving AoC, the focus should be to get them to return. I can buy a new game for how much you want for this content. Give me a reason why I should give you money?

I don't raid. So please don't try to see me your 4 year old t4 raid. "Revamped" raids don't count.

Think of other games. Everyone talks crap about wow...look at them right now. They LOST 3 MILLION subs. They still have 7 Million. Why? New content. Things to do. Even games like Neverwinter...completely f2p...continues with developing new content. Don't even get me started on GW2. Love or hate these games they give content. They "invest" and they get return.

Jack the level up to 85 and pvp level up to 15 and see people that have beat this game 10 characters over come back. Or is it too late?

Funcom should address this issue, read these comments, and grow some courage and admit they were wrong. We pay you. We make your rent, your car payment, your food bill. Don't take a crap on us.

No wonder former GD Joel left, FUNCOM isn't run well and most likely quashed his ideas.

They should at the very least added the new content to the one year subscription offers, which by the way are very bad offers.

This incident is disappointing.

The concept sounds like something I'd like. As a matter of fact, I think I suggested something exactly like this: Content for small groups, scaling the difficulty with the number of players that enter. New rings with an item budget around T4 rings - fine for me. Prices are too high, as always, but well, at least it's something. And personally, I always loved Atzel's Fortress, and seeing it again, even if as a lazy revamp, heck, why not. I've been waiting for some new solo hard mode dungeon to make a video about for months, no, years by now. Reading about the new content, I immediately dragged my video tools back to the desktop.

But.

If only the "but" wasn't there.

Why charge money for it? And why oh why so MUCH money? If it'd been 5 € or sth., well, a lot of players (including me) would have had enough points left from the subscription or some other purchase. That would still have been a rip-off, but at least a smart one where people don't notice being ripped off quite so harshly.

But ~15 €? Seriously? One can buy a complete game for that. Or a good joint. Or a really cheap hooker. That is just to damn expensive for some solo/small group content in an MMO. Bringing our something like that exactly when Witcher 3 is released doesn't help. Opening a burger shop right next to a McDonald's is a bold move, but if you're burgers don't taste better and are hugely overcharged, that's not bold anymore, that's just stupid.

The sad thing is, that this not only is a missed opportunity for Funcom to introduce new content and maybe earn some SMALL amount of money, but will also hurt the game. Caving in to customer complaint's is not the Funcom style, so complaining here probably won't do much good. People will be angry and frustrated. And they'll complain even more, including in the worn out raids we still try to entertain our steadily dieing guilds with. That'll hurt raid performance, and yes, that'll loose us even more players.

Seriously, Funcom.

If what you're about to do doesn't help, then just don't do it. And talk to your customers before you pull some crappy move like this, so that maybe you'll realize how crappy it'll be before you charge forward beyong the point of no return.

Also, in the name of free speech and honesty, I want to say this: Saying "F...", "Sh.." or "A..h..." is not a polite thing, but helps people to work off their anger. The first monkey that decided to yell "shii" instead of throwing sh.. has taken the probably greatest step towards global peace AND personal hygiene.
    Last edited by Khaletohep; 21st May 2015 at 16:39.
    Make Hyboria raid again!

Khaletoheps AoC-Youtube-Channel:
    http://www.youtube.com/user/Khaletohep

Guides zu Klassen & allen HM-Solo-Inis:
    http://www.nachtwind-gilde.com/guide...-age-of-conan/

Update Notes 4.6 Hotfix 21 May 2015

"[...]
    Black Ring Citadel
    * Fixed an issue where the quest 'The Hunt for Chatha' would not update correctly after killing Chatha the Demon Lord.
    [..]"

http://forums.ageofconan.com/showthr...82#post2127382

That put a smile on my face^^

Quote Originally Posted by ConanLogan View Post
    Update Notes 4.6 Hotfix 21 May 2015

"[...]
    Black Ring Citadel
    * Fixed an issue where the quest 'The Hunt for Chatha' would not update correctly after killing Chatha the Demon Lord.
    [..]"

http://forums.ageofconan.com/showthr...82#post2127382

That put a smile on my face^^
    After 4 years of wait, you finally can get reward for killing Demon Lord: 15 silver!!

Quote Originally Posted by Khaletohep View Post
    This incident is disappointing.

The concept sounds like something I'd like. As a matter of fact, I think I suggested something exactly like this: Content for small groups, scaling the difficulty with the number of players that enter. New rings with an item budget around T4 rings - fine for me. Prices are too high, as always, but well, at least it's something. And personally, I always loved Atzel's Fortress, and seeing it again, even if as a lazy revamp, heck, why not. I've been waiting for some new solo hard mode dungeon to make a video about for months, no, years by now. Reading about the new content, I immediately dragged my video tools back to the desktop.

But.

If only the "but" wasn't there.

This is mainly where i come from too. Leaving the handling aside my only issues with the content are probable bugs, the price and the setting. Nothing that could not be solved by fixing, reducing the price a lot or adding similar content later more to my personal liking.
    It is sad, because all this stress and problems are completely unnecessary even given that funcom needs money NOW. Then it is all the more imperative that they sell many copies and get players back or new players through good resub/sub offers. It is also sad, because whoever worked on it (including Sezmra) probably thought they would add something good and worthwhile to the game...and then whoever thought up this handling and pricing completely destroyed that mood and the positive aspects of the anniversary.

This Chatha-fix is awesome, now I have hope again, that they will fix the five year old bug with the female ranger-boots in t3 some day.^^

Sorry offtopic, but I cannot write something about the latest funcom ruse without losing too many sanity points.
    Last edited by calindrill; 21st May 2015 at 17:26.