Page 12 of 33 FirstFirst ... 2891011121314151622 ... LastLast

Thread: What is the deal with the new patch?

Ok so I bought and beaten the main storyline, looked at the rewards and here is my honest review:

Its nothing else than old content smashed together (Conalls + Atzel and some mountains) with a storyline. The story line is OK-eish (nothing really captivating) and the whole thing feels OK to me. The rewards are pretty weak: epic ring on par with T4 (so for people that already have T4 there is nothing to aim for) and some blue trash + bear (really low on details compared to wolf/tiger).

Side quests are things like: kill 125 Vanir -_- and get 0/6 axes. Yeah, side quests to the bone.

My verdic:

For a free update it would be decent content

For people that are subed + 1500 points? JUST LOL! Its no were near the quality it would require to justify that price.

Epic edition of Turan is 6300 points and Epic edition of this "thing" is 2700.

To sum it up:

Its a low quality, bloated money grab. Do not buy it. Buying this is accepting both the low quality and the absurd price which would be encouraging to Funcom. This is not acceptable and if I had any means of getting a refund I would have taken it.
    Retired

Let us be honest. Developers work and work hard. The only problem is that they are working in the wrong direction. Therefore, that is severe communication problems with the community.

Why not make the Forum survey before working at Achievements? Maybe community first wanted to see PvP tier 4, craft revamp or new AA. The public is not satisfied with that recent years the only reward for doing content is pets and social gear. The main driving force that makes people play and return them to the game is competition, the opportunity to beat other.
    Last edited by Ernests; 20th May 2015 at 21:01.
    Kattas - 10.PvP, full T6 and full AA demo

Quote Originally Posted by sugarspice View Post
    I don't mean to attack your opinion, but your not correct, people are leaving this game everyday, most are not coming back, this is not going to help retain anyone who was on the bubble, have you not seen all the advertisements every day from guilds who are recruiting, they are not recruiting because they have a full raid force, they are recruiting because they need to replace all the folks who QUIT. Your also wrong about not paying, I Won't pay, LOTS WON'T PAY.
    Yeah well, i kinda meant people who hang on forums. Seen those same faces since early 2009. But true, the majority does not use forums and people who leave are from that part and not from the forum gang
    Quote Originally Posted by Naberu
    "Is she blood-related? If not, j-j-jam it in! If so, meh...j-j-jam it in anyways!"

Quote Originally Posted by CirithGorgor View Post
    This is being fixed and will be patched in soon (likely Thursday).
    Faction vendor have weird price for one of epic chests, may be you need fix it too.

Need some vendors placed in the zone, Fort Storisbjorn, at the very least, at the safe camp. Ppl picking up tons of loot they need to shop sell to clear inventories.

Quote Originally Posted by Slith View Post
    Ok so I bought and beaten the main storyline, looked at the rewards and here is my honest review:

Its nothing else than old content smashed together (Conalls + Atzel and some mountains) with a storyline. The story line is OK-eish (nothing really captivating) and the whole thing feels OK to me. The rewards are pretty weak: epic ring on par with T4 (so for people that already have T4 there is nothing to aim for) and some blue trash + bear (really low on details compared to wolf/tiger).

Side quests are things like: kill 125 Vanir -_- and get 0/6 axes. Yeah, side quests to the bone.

My verdic:

For a free update it would be decent content

For people that are subed + 1500 points? JUST LOL! Its no were near the quality it would require to justify that price.

Epic edition of Turan is 6300 points and Epic edition of this "thing" is 2700.

To sum it up:

Its a low quality, bloated money grab. Do not buy it. Buying this is accepting both the low quality and the absurd price which would be encouraging to Funcom. This is not acceptable and if I had any means of getting a refund I would have taken it.
    Still, its just 15 dollar.
    Compare that to the time you spend on AOC. Its cheap per hour

I just discovered that if you leave there is a 14 hour cd Before you can get back! I don't mind paying for things like this, but then I expect it to be open all the time.

Quote Originally Posted by Monkeyy View Post
    Still, its just 15 dollar.
    Compare that to the time you spend on AOC. Its cheap per hour
    Do you realize how much cocaine you can buy for that kinda money?!? Seriously, how much.. I'm asking for a friend.

I'm solo palyer. And i like new content. Thank you, Funcom!

Growing up on Howard stories, and the Arnold "Conan the Barbarian" has taught me a few things...about life in general. Things such as strength, courage, honor, and the effectiveness of violence. I was never into games at all...until in 07 I saw the trailer for Age of Conan. I thought this would take my nerd days of D&D to a whole new level. I immediately bought the game when it came out. My computer couldn't handle it. I tried for 8 months to play it. I later picked it up in 2011, Tyranny Server. Once I got out of tortage...I heard that music in Conells Valley I was hooked on this game.

I am not going to lie, there were times I would log on for HOURS, 12 hours easy, sometimes even longer. I was so bad...clicking directionals and dying over and over again to people that knew how to use their fingers and press buttons faster than me. I've brought several characters up, I've focused mostly on pvp but enjoyed a lot of pve. I've beaten this game on several toons. There is nothing for me to do. I can't become more powerful. I could maybe grow in pvp skills but I can do that else where.

What I am trying to say is I feel like I've put in more hours in this game than 90% of your player bases history. I have 3 accounts. I have kept two of them subbed....but all my enemies and friends alike that I've made in this game are gone. They have moved on to other games. Global, once so full of drama, guild battles, qq posting...is devoid of anything of interest - mainly dominated by gold sellers. I don't want to leave AoC. I miss the conflict, the world battles, the players that would kill me in pvp and give me inspiration to become a better player...

What is left? What am I paying for? Why should I give you my well earned money? If you add micro transactions like this...then this game MUST be B2P. You can't merge models like this and expect a positive reaction. For those saying this isn't a deal breaker...that this money grab doesn't show us something about the company that owns this game...they better think again.