Page 17 of 33 FirstFirst ... 713141516171819202127 ... LastLast

Thread: What is the deal with the new patch?

Its funny some of you saying that anniversary event should be for "free" aka enabled for everyone. But do you realize that YOU subscribers have payed for it already? What is your subscription for then? Do not tell me it's there to keep the servers running because even FC has another game called TSW where you can have unlimited access to the game with B2P model, not to mention plenty of other online games and titles that do not require subscription to run their servers yet they still offer more regular content updated than FC does.

Would like to get someone from FC officials come here and clarify what is AoC subscription for? If its not there to provide subscribers content like this one then what is it for?
    Now, to get things straight, I am perfectly fine paying for content and even paying for content on top of subscription but if is justified with its amount and quality. If this was content like Turan, bringing 2 solo instances, 6 man instance, new raid, open world playfield with a faction I would gladly pay for it again... This is not the case here, this is a ripoff that was falsely advertised, we have been literally lied here with an advertisement clearly saying there there will be something for everyone in this anniversary.
    So what is there for everyone unless we pay extra money am I missing something?

If this game was B2P I'd have no issues what so ever paying for patches like this one, but its not the case here.
    If we've been given the content we already payed for and we've been promised to get years ago like Cetriss, Slithering chaos, Craft revamp I might have considered buying this but until then no thank you.

It's a matter of principle here, not the actual cost. Its the lack of transparency from FC as company. Meanwhile in TSW they got lifetime Subs, B2P model, way more FC points (1700) for being subscribed and getting patches they can actually spend those points on unlike in AoC where for being subbed we get 200 points a month and they expire after six months so even if you wanted to you couldn't save them up to buy updates like these.
    Last edited by Redd; 21st May 2015 at 10:40.
    ༼ つ ◕_◕ ༽つ Evil Elitist Veteran Wanker ༼ つ ◕_◕ ༽つ

-- Make AoC Great Again --

Quote Originally Posted by Monkeyy View Post
    Still, its just 15 dollar.
    Compare that to the time you spend on AOC. Its cheap per hour
    Dont forget its 15 EUR in EU, so much the price is much higher in EU...Double pricing is really bad.
    Emirri - Dark Templar
    Naerri - Herald of Xotli, Arrienne, Argene, Barbeena, Conqubinne, Shaniz, Shinzei, Laylani and Dorela

the payment would have been worthwhile if it included both
    • a new hard mode dungeon and
    • a new raid (even if the raid was T3.5).

I'm sad to see it has so little content. Even the grand chest contents are disappointing for a fresh 80.
    Requiem Nex Combat Monitor | Options not Saving temporary Fix
    Can Devs please fix:
    • new ressurections resetting the currently selected ressurect position
    • loot timeout windows disappearing before progress bar completes when box hasn't been opened quickly

I'm not against the idea of Buy 2 Play extension, but publishing that as part of the birthday package is for the least offensive to paying customer since May 2008.

At the very least, the princing of those B2P zone should be consistent with the 200 FC points premium customers get every months, with 6 months expiration.
    Last edited by Iam5not8; 21st May 2015 at 12:01.

Quote Originally Posted by Redd View Post
    Its funny some of you saying that anniversary event should be for "free" aka enabled for everyone. But do you realize that YOU subscribers have payed for it already? What is your subscription for then?
    We call it free if it's accessible for the f2p players without restriction. Subscriptions grant other things, including access to Khitai, access to higher raid, veteran goodies, more character slots, AA points, you know, stuff that aren't accessible for f2p players, which is the point of the sub.
    -
    Fun fact : Not actually the same guy as the player named "Jaedelyia" in-game. Never though I would one day encounter a guy with the same nickname as this one.

this discussion is irrelavant since aoc community cannot massively boicot this via guilds communication etc
    raging on the forums and then buying this the first minute people are online(even in my guild) is so productive.
    it is the first time ever, i resent the fact i have one more year sub.
    {Circle of Eternity}

Ramanli 80 DT,Erifylli 80 Guard,Amarylli 80 Demo
    Denmeth 80 Barb,Adiasa 80 HoX,Dovackhin 80 BS,Psalmodia 80 PoM
    Dyssebeia 80 DT,Polyterpi 80 Conq,Marleficus 80 ToS,Klymeni 80 Sin

Goofy Tactics for AoC :http://www.youtube.com/user/sardanapal01?feature=mhee
    RP stuff: http://forums.ageofconan.com/showthread.php?t=180714

BLOOD DAWN-AQUILONIA SERVER FOR EVAH !!

Quote Originally Posted by Jaedelyia View Post
    We call it free if it's accessible for the f2p players without restriction. Subscriptions grant other things, including access to Khitai, access to higher raid, veteran goodies, more character slots, AA points, you know, stuff that aren't accessible for f2p players, which is the point of the sub.
    Restrictions aren't fuelled by our money, what the point of asking for subs if sub's money aren't used for developping new content for a mmorpg ? If they don't intend to develop new content, let's call AoC maintenance mode with minimal 3€/month sub just to keep thoses horribles redspike us-located servers up.
    Your Storm Field critically healed Officer of the Wolves for 7038.

Quote Originally Posted by Jaedelyia View Post
    Generally, the point of a sub is to be able to play the ENTIRE game. This applies both in pure sub-based games, with the exception of major expansions (think RotGS). It also applies in pure B2P games (where optional subs give you enough points to purchase new content in the item shop). Strangely, it does not apply in AoC's creative mixed system.

But as I said before, I could even live with B2P content (even though it's hardly appropriate in a sub-based game) if it were provided in addition to content for subscribers. As it is now, we get B2P stuff while long-promised content for subscribers is further delayed or put on hold.

From a business perspective, I really wonder who came up with the smart idea of offering new subscriptions at the same time as a B2P offer which underlines how little value we get for our sub money.
    Last edited by Rathothis; 21st May 2015 at 12:16.
    Rathothis|Tempest of Set || Tigrathes|Dark Templar || Isitnofret|Herald of Xotli
    BS|Sin|Demo|Barb|Conq
    Sudatorius|Noob barb on Rage

Quote Originally Posted by sardanapal View Post
    this discussion is irrelavant since aoc community cannot massively boicot this via guilds communication etc
    raging on the forums and then buying this the first minute people are online(even in my guild) is so productive.
    it is the first time ever, i resent the fact i have one more year sub.
    Well, at least there's some coverage
    http://massivelyop.com/2015/05/20/ag...y-for-a-price/
    Rathothis|Tempest of Set || Tigrathes|Dark Templar || Isitnofret|Herald of Xotli
    BS|Sin|Demo|Barb|Conq
    Sudatorius|Noob barb on Rage

the only thing funcom would understand if the sales was way low.
    articles and 56 pages on forums never in the past caught the company attention.
    {Circle of Eternity}

Ramanli 80 DT,Erifylli 80 Guard,Amarylli 80 Demo
    Denmeth 80 Barb,Adiasa 80 HoX,Dovackhin 80 BS,Psalmodia 80 PoM
    Dyssebeia 80 DT,Polyterpi 80 Conq,Marleficus 80 ToS,Klymeni 80 Sin

Goofy Tactics for AoC :http://www.youtube.com/user/sardanapal01?feature=mhee
    RP stuff: http://forums.ageofconan.com/showthread.php?t=180714

BLOOD DAWN-AQUILONIA SERVER FOR EVAH !!