Page 7 of 33 FirstFirst ... 3456789101117 ... LastLast

Thread: What is the deal with the new patch?

Quote Originally Posted by Penny View Post
    One good thing is that the expansion should be F2P since youve payed for it ; D
    You have to pay for RotG, but it isn't f2p.

I think the worst slap in the face is the "funny" moderating done to threads when they clearly should just acknowledge they gone ****ed up really really bad here. You took your most faithful customer group, slapped them right over the face and told them to fund a lost cause game aimed at, as we all know the economicly strong demographic called; kids.

I used to stand up for Funcom for creating this that once was one amazing game. The magic from pre 1.5 is completely gone now
    HERRO REGENG IS RETURN

Funcom

I can't comment too much on anything related to the business model, but the basic idea was to have the new mount bundled with the content access though; but I can make it clear what the content contains:

Immediate bear mount unlock (additional swift armored version with the CE, also access to Prime bears on the faction vendors).
    Access to the Shadows of Vanaheim permanent storyline and locations (not premium).
    Additional vanity helmet, tattoo and treasure chest with the CE.

Access to the Shadows of Vanaheim storyline.
    The storyline will take you into Conall's valley night then onwards into the Blue Mountains which form the wall between Vanaheim and Asgard (a zone around the size of Tarantia Commons District, then into Fort Storisbjorn a new outdoor location in the Vanaheim Tundra and finally into the Greathall of Heimdall.
    These 4 new/revisited instances scale their content by adding additional foes based on the number of players present (adding additional foes up to 3 players). The locations are instanced so whether you are playing alone or with friends the location will be unique for you (like a dungeon).
    Supplementing the main quest line which will take you through all 4 instances there are 6 pools of side quests which will create unique combinations each day to take you to different sub sections of the zones or focus on different foes.

Loot from Shadows of Vanaheim
    Aside from xp, coin and rare trophies the main loot is controlled by the new faction that this content introduces.
    These vendors are located in Conarch Village where their available items are visible (you can check this in game without the content unlocked), but these items range from progression to leveling and new vanity items in the form of cloaks, helmets, tattoos and the bear mounts.
    After the 1st completion of the scenario you will have faction rank 1 at this point the option to play in hard mode by activating the Vanir War Horn will be made available, this scales all content to level 85 and increases the token and faction gains.
    The loot is set up so that there is no random element and so that no loot is restricted to anyone, it can just be gained quicker if playing in Hard Mode and by doing the side quests or grouping up.

Wow, I did not see this coming. I am very disappointed by this decision, especially since I suspect this new "zone" will end up being like previous zones like Turan and Dragon Spine. Once you are finished, there is little point to returning. Is this content really worth $20-$30? Maybe, just maybe if you took some time to showcase the content and the rewards it would help, but if people buy this and burn through all of the worthwhile content in a day it will just further erode trust in future purchases.

If you really had to charge for this content, why not make it cheaper. The current price is waaaaay too much of a leap of faith to trust that there is any real value there.

Very disappointed in Funcom for this move. I updated my pacher, but I won't be logging in, and I certainly will not make a purchase for something that past experiences has told me will likely disappoint. Maybe a player will be kind enough to do review of this stuff and I'll see if that changes my mind.

But I doubt it.

WAIT!!! The new Anniversary content is not free? WTF? Seriously? NO WAY! You're joking! It can't be real. I don't believe it.

Who in their right mind would charge for an Anniversary event? Even better, who in their right mind would pay for it? NOT ME!

I still can't access the khaiti content I paid for. Until FC takes better care of their costumers I will continue not supporting them or their games.

Funcom disappoints time and time again.

Subscription based games are a thing of the past.

Quote Originally Posted by CirithGorgor View Post
    I can't comment too much on anything related to the business model, but the basic idea was to have the new mount bundled with the content access though; but I can make it clear what the content contains:

Immediate bear mount unlock (additional swift armored version with the CE, also access to Prime bears on the faction vendors).
    Access to the Shadows of Vanaheim permanent storyline and locations (not premium).
    Additional vanity helmet, tattoo and treasure chest with the CE.

Access to the Shadows of Vanaheim storyline.
    The storyline will take you into Conall's valley night then onwards into the Blue Mountains which form the wall between Vanaheim and Asgard (a zone around the size of Tarantia Commons District, then into Fort Storisbjorn a new outdoor location in the Vanaheim Tundra and finally into the Greathall of Heimdall.
    These 4 new/revisited instances scale their content by adding additional foes based on the number of players present (adding additional foes up to 3 players). The locations are instanced so whether you are playing alone or with friends the location will be unique for you (like a dungeon).
    Supplementing the main quest line which will take you through all 4 instances there are 6 pools of side quests which will create unique combinations each day to take you to different sub sections of the zones or focus on different foes.

Loot from Shadows of Vanaheim
    Aside from xp, coin and rare trophies the main loot is controlled by the new faction that this content introduces.
    These vendors are located in Conarch Village where their available items are visible (you can check this in game without the content unlocked), but these items range from progression to leveling and new vanity items in the form of cloaks, helmets, tattoos and the bear mounts.
    After the 1st completion of the scenario you will have faction rank 1 at this point the option to play in hard mode by activating the Vanir War Horn will be made available, this scales all content to level 85 and increases the token and faction gains.
    The loot is set up so that there is no random element and so that no loot is restricted to anyone, it can just be gained quicker if playing in Hard Mode and by doing the side quests or grouping up.
    Thanks for taking your time to explain it.
    Fass
    Professional northmen slayer of saga
    {Circle of Eternity}

@CirithGorgor
    If the playerbase knew that the money spent on this was going straight back into salary for AoC devs and more content then maybe, just maybe people would be ok with it. But knowing how the company is doing right now, we all know that this is just one last cashgrab from an already paying (how long have some payed just to have empty promises thrown at them) customer base
    HERRO REGENG IS RETURN

Do I understand you correctly when I say one can only buy the Prime bears from the new faction if one buys the CE version?

You're Ok, it's the business side ppl/promotions who need to be in here explaining themselves. They seem to be having a field day choking off the content you create.
    Last edited by Pashino; 20th May 2015 at 16:38.

The actual thing that gets players' gears grinding is:

Couldn't you have just announced it for what it really is? There's hardly any communication, no announcement, absolutely nothing. Instead of teasing an "anniversary gift", just put it down as it is. Shall I do it for you?

"For weeks/months, we have invested a lot of work and ideas into bringing you, our esteemed players, a completely new content pack!"

One sentence. Created in less than a minute. Put that out a few days before releasing it. Marketing for beginners.

Now just make the price decent, instead of cashing in for re-used and re-modeled areas in a way that would deserve a REAL addon at least half the size of Khitai, and we would have been good and happy.
    Coryan (DT) - Stinja (Barb) - Mishal (Sin) - Roneca (BS) - Vihani (HoX) - Jainh (ToS) -
    Kimarys (Guardian) - Demracon (PoM) - Zhandiya (Demo) - Rova (Ranger) - Josephyn (DT) -
    Surioara (Nec) - Alizani (Conq) - Kivonah (Sin) - Victess (Demo) - Subil (BS) - etc.

Page 7 of 33 FirstFirst ... 3456789101117 ... LastLast