Page 32 of 33 FirstFirst ... 22282930313233 LastLast

Thread: What is the deal with the new patch?

Because Funcom spend more money into TSW when in AoC in last 3 years?

Quote Originally Posted by Redd View Post
    Check this out! Shocking interview, Funcom's CEO reveals details behind this anniversary event!! :O

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TU8g3s76oa4
    BRILLIANT!!! Absolutely genius and spot on!

+100billion
    Last edited by Pitulon; 28th May 2015 at 15:49.

Seems FC thinks it's a good idea to publish terribly made unpolished buggy grindy adventures called scenario set in reused maps and charge outrageous price for the crap.
    And since players feedbacks are so negative, they'll obviousy keep going in that direction instead of releasing crafting revamp, cetriss, PvP T4, etc, because well, funcom.

What's funny is that there are also some content called scenario in TSW (completely different content), and those scenario have been despised by players since the beginning due to their very boring repetitive nature, but also due to the fact that the augments (drops for what you do scenario) have been the most terrible grind in the entire game, on par with what khitai was for AoC when it went live and led so many players to just quit.

So far, it seems scenario in AoC, although very different, are just as terrible a content as what it is in TSW. Funcom rocks it as usual.
    I mean, there are so many good things to bring from TSW to AoC, and those FC people pick the one thing everybody hates in TSW and try to do somethign similar (i guess, although it has almost nothing in common with TSW scenario) in AoC.

Anyway, it might be that AoC will only see such scenario as content in the future.

Or, it's just that the achievement system being a copy/past of TSW one, they had hidden the existing scenario section and they just made it visible again so they could just call the last anniversary fiasco "scenario" to match the existing TSW achievements structure.
    Thus, it would mean nothing in terms of future content, if even there's any at all, because god forbids that funcom would provide anything at all in exchange of the subscription we pay them, and would just be yet one more token of FC laziness.
    {Circle of Eternity}
    Mellaus
    Lachdanann dt | Aldebarrand guard | Ataraxes demo | Tangorogrim tos | Aranruth barb | Demether pom | Errant ranger | Diluvien sin | Hekatomb necro | Haemmer bs | Nyarlathotep tos

You know technically, because of the account wide mounts you get with the new content, the price is actually extremely cheap. Just go look at the mounts you can get in the item shop.

495-1890 FP each

So we could assume the Epic Bear mount would probably be at the higher end ~1500FP. The regular Bear mount would be lower, ~750 FP.

Together that is 2250 FP for 2 mounts on 1 character. Imagine wanting those on only 3 characters (6750 FP). 12 characters (27,000FP).
    Mounts in the item shop are not sold account wide.

But the mounts with the new Vanaheim content are account wide. For only 2700 FP when subbed, you get 2 account wide mounts which would normally cost around 2250 FP per toon, and you also get the content, and a vanity helm, a tattoo, and a Grand Treasure Chest (648 FP).

The 2700-3000FP (subbed-f2p) prices for the collectors edition are way more than worth it just for the 2 mounts, forget about everything else.

That is how I thought about it when buying it. I bought account wide mounts at an incredible price, and got some free content to go along with it.

For those who says, "I hate mounts, vanity gear, tatoos, treasure chests, and all that kind of poo, I only want playable content", then yeah, the price is a bit much. Next time they just need to make a no fluff package for around 500 FP, if they charge for the content at all.

The bear looks like plastic. No details or textures to speak of. It should have been a really cool and rugged mount. Its just as pathetic as the camel. Doesnt look like it belongs in this game at all.

The content is sub-par. Killing all the mobs and basically repeating Conall quests is not new content. It's repeated content at a higher level with renamed mobs. The Blue Mountains zone is so small it has the same "filler" content that several lower level solo quests have. The only excitement there was trying to find a way to the 2 exposed caves, which thanks to Funcom's shoddy filling are easily reachable. They could have at least added some small Easter egg to those willing to waste the 45 seconds to climb to each. The solo redub of Aztel's...just completely lame. Atztel is probably one of the most grinded out area's of the game, why make a solo area of a popular area even the newest player has done hundreds of times already. Killing the last boss...so simple it requires next to no effort...and on any class. Simply kite until the buff is gone, repeat. I have yet to have all the NPC mobs tanking the boss die, and I have done this on several melee classes. No fun at all. With all the global rage about how hard it was, I thought I would get some enjoyment out of a hard boss encounter...I guess not.

What's wrong with the recycled content (since none of it is new, it's simply been rearranged and renamed)...I have a short list. We all know it's extremely boring and poorly conceived and executed. However, there are things people are not bringing to light over the obvious tons of bad...

1. Mobs do not award faction. Wow, kill thousands for nothing outside the Vanir kill achievement.
    2. I have done this quest on multiple characters. I receive the crown on the first time and never again, even using the horn buff.
    3. The only way to get faction is using the consumables...and you want people to get equal faction to hit rank 4 as normal factions. See you in 6 months or longer if your a pver, see in...never, if your a pvper. No faction herald? Trollololo.
    4. This content is so bad it should be free. No one would want to do this outside of leveling up. Funcom should remove the mount(s) and training for buying the content and make the content itself free. If you want the mounts, pay the normal price as they are offering now. Outside getting an account wide mount, there is no way any sane company would release this level of garbage and force people to pay for it. That is absurd. Not even a kickstarter would do that. There are many people playing now that could generate better content by wiping their face across the keyboard if a workshop editor was opened like in Shadowrun.
    5. Why are the rings class specific? Pigeon holing content is not really the best way to achieve a broad audience. More people would endure your "recycled content" if they could get different rings rather than the one intended only for them.
    6. The items your offering once you achieve rank 4 (good luck as of now) are too expensive. The items before you reach rank 4 are ridiculously over priced. Who is going to waste that many MOA on that trash. Purple lowbie social armor? Twink minis are dead, what good is armor that is useful for 5 days- so it turns into grossly over priced social armor, which can be found free in lower level content if you kill some bosses. Outside some helmets, which match nothing else by the way, who is going to buy this stuff?
    7. Bear mount does not even jump. It's not even a combat mount. The only thing it can do is go from point A to B and reduces some of the hassle of NPC CC's. Hardly close to even getting any excitement.
    8. Why are there different bear mounts when the green, blue, and purple offer essentially the same stats. One is a little faster, who cares. It just looks like someone threw in random stats and names to make it look like you have a ton of mounts to choose from, because that's not the case at all.
    9. All the crazy glitches, rendering...at least fill in crappy content. Just because you draw stick man does not mean you can't color and outline them properly.
    10. You have no way back into the zone(s) once you kill the end boss and leave. Sometimes you forget to finish one of the quests since killing mobs for 2 hours turns you into an idiot. You get tired and start rushing, kill the boss, and zone out. Then you realize you had a quest or two to finish and now can't get back. Even less faction for you now...why can't you port back to the zone. Why can't the instance stay clear until it resets like every other instance in the game.

Since I am a completionist in life, I always buy the content no matter how bad. That's a personal flaw, nothing Funcom forces on me. However, in the future, they need to release something a little more meaningful and contrived rather than this heaping pile of turd they call a "scenario". This is, honestly, the worst content I have ever seen added to a game. I can't even liken it to anything. And it's introduction, classic. "We have great new anniversary content, but you have buy it, but we forgot to mention that so let's all move forward and thank you for buying the content. We're not really sorry, let's move past that and play the game."

As a 7 year loyal customer and guest on your servers, it would easier just to send me an email with a giant "Screw you, thank you for playing. Enjoy the new content you just bought."
    Last edited by Suctum; 27th May 2015 at 08:48.
    Doomsayer 2008

Lol the youtube link is still in this thread.. Which means they haven't read through the post yet. Great support! :P
    Boyscout bearshaman

Quote Originally Posted by CueQue View Post
    Lol the youtube link is still in this thread.. Which means they haven't read through the post yet. Great support! :P

Haha, spot on !
    Your Storm Field critically healed Officer of the Wolves for 7038.

Quote Originally Posted by Suctum View Post
    The solo redub of Aztel's...just completely lame. Atztel is probably one of the most grinded out area's of the game, why make a solo area of a popular area even the newest player has done hundreds of times already.
    People have actually been asking for a solo version of Aztel's Fortress for years. That made quite a few people really happy.

I myself have no problem with re-using some assets like that. It is better than getting nothing at all. You have to remember indoor zones like that take far more time to create than a larger outdoor zone.

What's wrong with the recycled content (since none of it is new, it's simply been rearranged and renamed)...I have a short list.
    By definition, recycled content is not all new everything. Good thing they gave us some content that wasn't recycled too. There is no problem with having you re-visit some old areas with different quests and mobs.

You have a quite a few glaring inaccuracies in your post. Funny that you say "No one would want to do this outside of leveling up", since that is exactly what lots of people are doing. Or that Bear mounts don't jump, when they clearly do.

As to your mention of taking 6 months, that is not true. It should be do-able to get full faction in less than 1 month if you do it every day. That isn't to say it doesn't take too long. I would like it if the mobs all gave faction too.

Please try to be accurate in your posts instead of spreading misinformation.

I also hear there is a new continue feature for going back inside after zoning out. Not sure how that works, but it sounds like Funcom is addressing some of the biggest problems with the new content.

This is, honestly, the worst content I have ever seen added to a game.
    shadows of vanaheim was bad, but horse racing and freeze tag will always be the worst content update this game has ever had.

edit: although, i guess if you include the fact that you need to pay $15 for vanaheim then maybe it is worse than horse racing/freeze tag.
    Last edited by krippa; 27th May 2015 at 21:36.