Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Lag spikes!

Default Lag spikes!

Ever since 4,55 I've been having intermitent lag spikes(4k -> crash). I recently read in an old thread that those aren't really lag spikes, but rather server timeouts. I know that not everybody has them, so wtf is with this?

I really want to finish AoC story! But the lag is killing it for me right now.

Any advices? I'll tracert and ping if necessary.

VPN maybe.

It usually works pretty good.

Quote Originally Posted by MisterClean View Post
    VPN maybe.

It usually works pretty good.
    How do you set it up?

It would be nice if people learned the difference between crash and Disconnect.

But no, not everyone is having them.

Quote Originally Posted by gcustoms View Post
    It would be nice if people learned the difference between crash and Disconnect.

But no, not everyone is having them.
    I know. It was late and I forgot what I was trying to say. I meant that I read that servers have a habit of disconnecting you because of a memory leak on their part. That actually made sense seeing how you just mind your own business, with a normal over the pond ping(100-120ms) and then, all of a sudden: 4k LAG SPIKE -> disconnect. It also never happened to me when I played for less than an hour, so it only adds the fuel to the fire for the memory leak argument.

So, wtf is it? As I said, I didn't have them prior to 4,55.

I've been randomly disconnected from game quite a bit the last few weeks, this has been a recent event for me, used to never have this problem until recently.

So yeah, something is definitely different somewhere.

Quote Originally Posted by Texan615 View Post
    I've been randomly disconnected from game quite a bit the last few weeks, this has been a recent event for me, used to never have this problem until recently.

So yeah, something is definitely different somewhere.
    Thank you for update! You're from...Texas I spose? I am asking this because I am trying to figure out whether this phenomen is local to a location or global.

Quote Originally Posted by Nehkur View Post
    Thank you for update! You're from...Texas I spose? I am asking this because I am trying to figure out whether this phenomen is local to a location or global.
    Yes, I'm in Texas and other US players are also getting disconnected a lot recently.

Quote Originally Posted by Texan615 View Post
    Yes, I'm in Texas and other US players are also getting disconnected a lot recently.
    In brazil too!!! at last week and at this week too!

Thank you all!

So it seems that it isn't local and that their servers are dying and they aren't even noticing it lol! Why should they? No lead dev...

Just let me ask you a thing: this all started with which version? And please describe how the disconnect happens.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast