Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Tanky DPS

Quote Originally Posted by Nehkur View Post
    Yeah, I already know about that. I was just asking if there was anything I DIDN'T KNOW about. Like, for example, when you get Hell Strikes II, when you get various Formations etc. Things like that. In short, I'd like to review the classes as a whole. With all the skills visible.
    How the F*** are we suppose to know what your level of knowledge is? Your attitude sux. The Tali DT and Carnage Conquer loose tanking ability with those builds. So take it with a grain of salt. There is NO site like you're describing... WoW has had exponentially more time and players to come up with such a thing.

Quote Originally Posted by Nephturi View Post
    It's the drawback for being the only "race" that can play a mage. It changed a bit since RotG though, but Khitans have a strange mix of classes.
    That's HIGHLY stupid! Not to mention that Stygians shouldn't be HoXes anyhow. Why? Simple. Xotli = Archenemy of Set. What do you think would happen to a HoX in Stygia?

Further, DT fits Stygia more than HoX does. Really, this antiquated "race = this and this and this class" wow mentality should really go. Perhaps an unlock in store for Race/Class combos? Kinda like in swtor where you can purchase the ability to create a character of non-stock race for a class.

edit: you post, I reply. What's bad about that?

edit edit: To use non AoC examples that are widely known(or should be anyhow), a tanky dps is a character kinda like Jarvan in LoL. Or like Garen or like Darius. You get it. Not THE tank, but a survivable character than can perhaps off-tank while doing ok dmg. That's what I am looking for.
    Last edited by Nehkur; 16th May 2015 at 18:19.

That's HIGHLY stupid! Not to mention that Stygians shouldn't be HoXes anyhow. Why? Simple. Xotli = Archenemy of Set. What do you think would happen to a HoX in Stygia?

Further, DT fits Stygia more than HoX does. Really, this antiquated "race = this and this and this class" wow mentality should really go. Perhaps an unlock in store for Race/Class combos? Kinda like in swtor where you can purchase the ability to create a character of non-stock race for a class.
    You're looking for a conq then. As for the whole race/class problem, go ask Howard
    Quote Originally Posted by Angellis
    Off-topic: I would pay a lifetime sub if FC changed the name of Strike to Guard to the "Oh sh*t" combo! The tooltip could read: "The guardian realises they are now in over their head, and, having soiled themselves, are less likely to receive attention from their target."

You're looking for a conq then. As for the whole race/class problem, go ask Howard
    I'd rather ask Nusquam or someone from Funcom. I am not so keen on Necromancy (ewww!). Ok, NF necro is fun, but raising dead? lol no

Conq it is. Tbh, I was trying to choose between Conq and Guard. Carnage is super fun, but its aoe sucks(until higher levels that is). Guardian is the exact opposite lol! Tbh, Guardian has the weakest play in the beggining. It...sucks omg does it suck.

I have been thinking of a Chine...Khitan Necro inspired by none other than Zhong Kui(NF, ofc!) for quite some time. If I buy ROTG, I can create Khitan characters as I see fit? ie: Only Khitai itself is locked behind sub?

edit: you post, I reply. What's bad about that?

edit edit: To use non AoC examples that are widely known(or should be anyhow), a tanky dps is a character kinda like Jarvan in LoL. Or like Garen or like Darius. You get it. Not THE tank, but a survivable character than can perhaps off-tank while doing ok dmg. That's what I am looking for.
    I use to offtank on my pet spec necromancer, and less so with the BS in the easier group instances. It is surprising how well you can offtank with a proper pet spec necro. I used to surprise people with how well I did at it. But that probably isn't quite what you are looking for. I've also seen Barbs off-tank. But in this game, the standard is that one of the tank classes will be the off tank, and if you want decent damage while offtanking on a standard off-tank class, you go with DT or Conq.

Also, yes you can create khitan characters without a sub as long as you own the expansion.
    Last edited by tapwater; 16th May 2015 at 22:13.

My current main is a NF necro (has been like this since summer 2010), my preferred class is guardian
    Off-topic: I would pay a lifetime sub if FC changed the name of Strike to Guard to the "Oh sh*t" combo! The tooltip could read: "The guardian realises they are now in over their head, and, having soiled themselves, are less likely to receive attention from their target."

My current main is a NF necro (has been like this since summer 2010), my preferred class is guardian
    Which NF necro? Frost or Unholy?

edit: my fav classes by archetype:

Soldier: Conq/Guard(it's still in the air, but I think Guard)
    Rogue: melee Ranger(yeah, spamming Deft Stabs is so fun )
    Priest: I detest healers, but if I HAVE to choose: Bear Shaman(only because it's melee)
    Mage: Necro/HoX(unsure about this one as well. NF Necro is uber fun to me, but HoX is melee...)
    Last edited by Nehkur; 17th May 2015 at 19:27.

Necro isn't about Frost or Unholy, it's about pets or no pets. NF Necro means playing with a x8 stack of Despoil the Soul.

Which NF necro? Frost or Unholy?

edit: my fav classes by archetype:

Soldier: Conq/Guard(it's still in the air, but I think Guard)
    Rogue: melee Ranger(yeah, spamming Deft Stabs is so fun )
    Priest: I detest healers, but if I HAVE to choose: Bear Shaman(only because it's melee)
    Mage: Necro/HoX(unsure about this one as well. NF Necro is uber fun to me, but HoX is melee...)
    My PoM can out DPS and Heal any Bear ... and pretty much smear most Soldiers in PvP ~ don't hate me cause I'm beautiful.

i think pom should be the most tanky thing besides three tanks and can still doing good dps
    Henryx Guardian
    Henryau Pom
    Henryz Barb
    Henryuki Hox
    Henryn Necro
    Crom
    - Henryx Age of Conan Youtube -
    - Henryx Age of Conan Blog -

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast