Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Tanky DPS

Default Tanky DPS

Excuse me for extreme noobness, but exactly which classes fit the description? Not CAN fit, but FIT.

Also is there anywhere where I could look up the progression of classes(sth like WoWhead or sth like that)? So I know which skill you get at which level and so I could make an informed decision.

edit: DPS tanks are welcome as well.

Quote Originally Posted by Nehkur View Post
    Excuse me for extreme noobness, but exactly which classes fit the description? Not CAN fit, but FIT.

Also is there anywhere where I could look up the progression of classes(sth like WoWhead or sth like that)? So I know which skill you get at which level and so I could make an informed decision.

There's no real "Tanky DPS" class in AoC. It's pretty much one or the other. Some will argue that the DT might be what you're looking for, but the class leans one way or the other depending on build.

As for help with AoC gear, etc ... Google "AoC is better than tv".

Quote Originally Posted by Reinauer View Post
    There's no real "Tanky DPS" class in AoC. It's pretty much one or the other. Some will argue that the DT might be what you're looking for, but the class leans one way or the other depending on build.

As for help with AoC gear, etc ... Google "AoC is better than tv".
    Not even Tempe Guardian or Carnage Conq? Conq in general? I was contemplating those two tbh.

edit: I wasn't talking about Gear but skills in general. I often pick classes by researching their skillset and getting a vibe from it. When I see exactly what it is, I know whether I'll want it or not.

edit edit: I am not refering progression PvE or even high end group PvE. I am talking about pure leveling and adventure gameplay(call it solo if you will). Does this influence your choice now?
    Last edited by Nehkur; 16th May 2015 at 09:09.

Default Ranger

Ranger fits tank-y dps description.. It's DPS, medium armor and ability to use sword and shield (not great choice, but still there).

Not even Tempe Guardian or Carnage Conq? Conq in general? I was contemplating those two tbh.

edit: I wasn't talking about Gear but skills in general. I often pick classes by researching their skillset and getting a vibe from it. When I see exactly what it is, I know whether I'll want it or not.

edit edit: I am not refering progression PvE or even high end group PvE. I am talking about pure leveling and adventure gameplay(call it solo if you will). Does this influence your choice now?

then both tali dt and carnage conq should make you happy

Have a good old look at http://joharaoc.eu/feat for possible builds & stuff, all the info is in the tooltips if thats what your looking for

Quote Originally Posted by Rhyxx View Post
    Have a good old look at http://joharaoc.eu/feat for possible builds & stuff, all the info is in the tooltips if thats what your looking for
    Yeah, I already know about that. I was just asking if there was anything I DIDN'T KNOW about. Like, for example, when you get Hell Strikes II, when you get various Formations etc. Things like that. In short, I'd like to review the classes as a whole. With all the skills visible.

The only TANK (in the sense that you actually perform the tank role in groups and raids) that deals significant DPS is the DT. Maybe a very, very well-geared and well-played conq can deal considerable damage while tanking in brute spec, but it's way rarer than a DT dealing good dps (carnage conqs deal very good dps, but they can't really tank most encounters unless they outgear it a lot). Both these classes are extremely popular and hard to find a guild with however, and require a ton of gear before they become proper tanks for end-game content.

However, if you're talking about TANKY in the sense of survivable, not squishy, I'd argue every class except the mages and sins fit the description. From the berserker barb through all the healers to the tempest guardian you can deal good damage while being hard to kill while leveling, doing solo content or PvP.

If only Stygians could choose DT. WTF can't they? It's a blend of magic and combat and it fits Stygia very well. Plus even Stygia needs soldiers apart form mercenaries !

I never understood this limitation...

It's the drawback for being the only "race" that can play a mage. It changed a bit since RotG though, but Khitans have a strange mix of classes.
    Quote Originally Posted by Angellis
    Off-topic: I would pay a lifetime sub if FC changed the name of Strike to Guard to the "Oh sh*t" combo! The tooltip could read: "The guardian realises they are now in over their head, and, having soiled themselves, are less likely to receive attention from their target."

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast