Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: End the Endless Endgame Grind

Default End the Endless Endgame Grind

Why not drastically reduce the cost (in relics, etc...) of EVERYTHING -- (and I do mean drastically - like maybe down to 1/4 of the current costs) - and double or even triple current raid drops.

I'm a returning player - and every day I log in I end up going back to my main because the thought of starting the end game grind all over with a fresh 80 is too daunting. Without new players - the game is going to continue circling the drain -- and by making it drastically easier to obtain endgame gear you'd attract or at least hold on to new players. It would also make it much more appealing to existing players who are tired of playing their main and want to gear out multiple alts - but don't have the time or desire to do it in any reasonable amount of time (like myself). This would require practically no resources or effort from FC to do.

At this point - I don't know how much outcry there would be from the existing player base who went through the current endgame grind -- surely every one would prefer a healthier play base.

And then also maybe change T1 and T2 raids into 6 mans (if possible) and T3 into a 12 man raid...

Quote Originally Posted by Achilles138 View Post
    And then also maybe change T1 and T2 raids into 6 mans (if possible) and T3 into a 12 man raid...
    Agree, that would make sense.

Edit by Anzu: That kind of language is not allowed on the forums.
    Last edited by Anzu; 30th April 2015 at 17:09.

I agree that the grind should be reduced a bit... but not to 1/4 of it as it is now. If they would change it like this, everyone could get their gear in like 1 or 2 weeks (which is already possible in khitai if you have enough time lol) and they would complain about having such fast complete able content...

The veteran tokens already make things so damn easy, some people can already buy so many insignias / marks that they have enough for their gear and factions without even completing a single quest in their factions.
    Last edited by xCodename; 30th April 2015 at 12:39.

Considering it is possible to gear and AA a dps or healer character for the highest end game content (T5) withing 100 hours of play time I think the OP needs to pick another game for instant gratification.

If any grind would be reduced it should be AAs (especially on the PvP side, but also on the PvE side) and PvP exp (although this also comes quite fast now with the new PvP event weeks). In PvE there is no grind whatsoever unless you choose it for yourself by farming for every last recipe in game for example.
    Last edited by Caudilloo; 30th April 2015 at 13:05.

I just aint sure ... I found the grind to be quite fast on my 3rd,4th,..etc characters. At the beggining of RoTGS i was soooo damn lost , even quit the game 1-2 times cause of the grind . But then it got reduced and also I came to understand certain paths of minimazing the time needed .

People can achieve full khitai in 4-5 days if they're full-time gamers , or 2-3 weeks if they got atleast 3-5 hours to spare per day . Ofcourse I encourage them to do so only if they fancy this path .. otherwise what's the point of gearing up ..
    For people who like to take their time there are some solo instances (2x turan / apostate / gateway inis) to keep you busy and provide like 1 major item per 10days or so .

About the raid tokens ... you can get pretty desperate if you're guildless ... BUT .. join a guild , sign up for their raids and you'll pretty sure notice that it aint so long till you see full-purple in your inventory .

One tip that makes people's life easier when gathering rares and insignias would be : run tian , run ai 1st boss , run tian , run ai 2nd boss , run tian , run ai 1st boss ,.... etc etc . Full khitai major in 15-20 hours or so.
    Fury:
    Etheecx -Necrow R5
    Ebedokles -Priest of Agrigento [threw himself into the volcano!]
    Teargarden -Sin R8
    Teagarden -Ranger R7
    Tempgarden - DeaTea R8
    Teadealer -ToS R3

Crom:
    Ethicx -Demonologist R10
    Bedtime -Guardian R5
    SponsoredHox R3 delight

*Chaotic gooD*

t5 is pretty generous with the gear drops.
    But I absolutely agree that at least t3 and t4 need to have their prices slashed and trophies abolished or something. Since most people now just farm the week long loot pinata for t1 and t2 anyway.

Quote Originally Posted by gcustoms View Post
    t5 is pretty generous with the gear drops.
    But I absolutely agree that at least t3 and t4 need to have their prices slashed and trophies abolished or something. Since most people now just farm the week long loot pinata for t1 and t2 anyway.
    T5 is generous with armor drops, but extremely bad with weapon drops of only 2 per week.

Quote Originally Posted by Texan615 View Post
    T5 is generous with armor drops, but extremely bad with weapon drops of only 2 per week.
    True, but it seems t5 is just to tide us over while they finish Palace of Cetriss. Although the critigation amount of t5, plus critigation buffs from set bonuses, ring, etc. kinda scares me.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast