Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: React!

Default React!

So sad. Sad to see that the game that i really like don't react, don't do anything to get better and become something, and if Funcom does, i gotta say it's really little.
    Sad to see that they don't open they're eyes and they don't know that not everything is about what happens in game, but as well it's important what happens outside the game, PROMOTE! Maybe it's a word that was never heard here!
    Sad to see that Age of Conan twitter last post was in 2014. And sad to see that any other social media web page with the name of age of conan don't post anything... How do you expect that people comes and plays the game? How do you expect that they follow you? How do you think that they are gonna be aware about what happens in the game?
    How do you expect that we players, believe you with what you say? If you said 100000 of things and not one happened?
    It's from about 2 years that you say that the revamp of crafting was gonna come sun, where is it?
    What about a little reaction Funcom? What about taking care of your players and of your possible future players? What about a game that everyone said that could be, but that never has been because of you funcom? What about opening your eyes?

The only good thing you have is a community, that never lets you go, we are too good for you Funcom, too good...

Zuxxer, Tempest of Set.

You can find me on Fury.

Too be honest, I don't think they are working on the crafting revamp anymore... this patch now takes more than 2 Years to be finished and they keep telling that they are almost ready with it ^^

AoC isn't FC's priority anymore (Well, for more than 3 years I think), the only thing they do here is getting some money for their other games, it's just not profitable for them to do something for AoC's small community. IF the crafting revamp may come in like... near time (3 - 4 years lol) it will just bring some veterans back to the game, no new players because no one knows about the game anymore.

FC trys to hold the population on the most populated game of them, which is TSW I think. They keep doing some good work there for their customers because they will get more money in TSW than here in AoC, thats the reason why we are having such a low update rate here in AoC. I think every company would do the same if none of their games is running very well (pushing up the "best running" of their products), AoC is just not profitable for FC anymore.

We can't do anything against it... it is like it is.
    Last edited by xCodename; 28th April 2015 at 12:40.

Quote Originally Posted by xCodename View Post
    Too be honest, I don't think they are working on the crafting revamp anymore... this patch now takes more than 2 Years to be finished and they keep telling that they are almost ready with it ^^

AoC isn't FC's priority anymore (Well, for more than 3 years I think), the only thing they do here is getting some money for their other games, it's just not profitable for them to do something for AoC's small community. IF the crafting revamp may come in like... near time (3 - 4 years lol) it will just bring some veterans back to the game, no new players because no one knows about the game anymore.

FC trys to hold the population on the most populated game of them, which is TSW I think. They keep doing some good work there for their customers because they will get more money in TSW than here in AoC, thats the reason why we are having such a low update rate here in AoC. I think every company would do the same if none of their games is running very well (pushing up the "best running" of their products), AoC is just not profitable for FC anymore.

We can't do anything against it... it is like it is.
    AoC or any MMO should keep high on priority list, if you want them to keep the bills. And according to their own numbers AoC is the main thing that has paid their wages in the last 5 years. The cash grab model many mmos tried did not work...but still funcom goes for more of it (one explanation might be, that the decision makers earned their money from stock market (where the "hype" and forget tactics make sense), while the actual working people in the company are needing more "traditional" ways of earning money (where that behaviour does not make economic sense))
    Last edited by Kurt2013; 28th April 2015 at 14:08.

AoC is just not profitable for FC anymore.
    It's true but only cause FC abandonned it.
    There's no secrets, if you invest almost nothing in the game, its population decrease so its revenue.
    I'm now certain they rushed the crap F2P model in 2011 in this perspective (and Dreamworld betatest + servers merges), all thoses have kept killing theplayerbase they made with RoTG)). Pressing the last juice of the game with a terrible model and decreasing the updates rates to put all their ressources in TSW.
    Your Storm Field critically healed Officer of the Wolves for 7038.

I love posts like this, because they show all the love the left community has for this game.

But guys open your eyes: this game is almost dead.
    I hope to be able to play for years to come (as casual at least), but it's not hidden - all the opposite, it's openly declared - that resources assigned from Funcom to AoC are very low.

Of course if game is in current status it is Funcom fault, I read the launch of this mmorpg is described as one of the worst of game history (I was not there to check by myself).
    But now it's defintely too late.

At least current programmes imho are doing great job for what they can, really good one, and it's not their fault if the status is as it is.

Rage died more than 1 year ago (was it ever alive?), Fury is already dead too (last breaths for few months).

Consider moving to Crom or, if you can't allow the transfer or can't give up beeing on a PvP server (which it's perfectly understandable) say goodbye...

No game Director.

I doubt ANY development is going to happen.

What you see now is what you get.

Its true, I really love AoC, its the only game that held me for such a long (beautiful graphics, awesome soundtrack, better gameplay than other games + I like conan lore) time but now it is over. FC's decisions (for example: taking away the game director etc.) are just stupid but the only logical way for them to get enough money for their other games (even if I don't know what economic improvement that had... maybe they just fired him? ^^).

I am not paying for AoC anymore and it seems like I won't do it ever again.

The servers indeed are all "dead" (not counting Rage as server anymore, only Fury and Crom) you can't talk about a "MMO" and AoC in the same sentence, there are single Minecraft servers that double the population of Fury and Crom together. Crom got enough player to do some hardmodes / normal instances / raids at prime times but overall its not a healthy populatioin anymore (for example: you are playing often with the same people over and over again) and it won't increase anymore, there is no advertisement for AoC which makes it impossible to gain customers for a nearly dead and bad started game.

But to be honest, the community is also one factor that decreases the playerbase constantly. I have never seen a game which is so Newbie hostile... This "AA EXP Gear" **** is decreasing the group options for new player extremly, its almost ompossible to find a group where it is not needed to have a T4 geared character for Crows Nest (yeah a bit extreme but I saw that happen once They kicked all ppl that didn't had atleast T4 gear xD). Sure, they can join a guild where they maybe get those tactics teached by expirienced and nice people but not everyone want's to join a guild. Reading guides wont help you in many cases you have to learn by doing (movement, good timing) but if there happens one or two wipes in a random group everyone is just leaving and insulting each other.

About PvP I don't even wan't to start talking... I don't know much about it and did just a few games / fights but that was enough to prevent me to do even more PvP. Insulting new PvP player that just joined a match (which didn't even started!) because of his low PvP level, bad gear or not that OP PVP MLG skilllzzzzz is just horrible and will just scare all people away.

I won't say everyone is like that, there are great and nice people that are helping new player but it seems like a big part of the community is the complete opposite of this.

Its mainly FC's fault that this game is running so damn bad but the community of AoC is widely known as very bad / hostile... which adds a bad taste to AoC and new player.
    Last edited by xCodename; 28th April 2015 at 15:37.

Its true, I really love AoC, its the only game that held me for such a long (beautiful graphics, awesome soundtrack, better gameplay than other games + I like conan lore) time but now it is over. FC's decisions (for example: taking away the game director etc.) are just stupid but the only logical way for them to get enough money for their other games (even if I don't know what economic improvement that had... maybe they just fired him? ^^).

I am not paying for AoC anymore and it seems like I won't do it ever again.

The servers indeed are all "dead" (not counting Rage as server anymore, only Fury and Crom) you can't talk about a "MMO" and AoC in the same sentence, there are single Minecraft servers that double the population of Fury and Crom together. Crom got enough player to do some hardmodes / normal instances / raids at prime times but overall its not a healthy populatioin anymore (for example: you are playing often with the same people over and over again) and it won't increase anymore, there is no advertisement for AoC which makes it impossible to gain customers for a nearly dead and bad started game.

But to be honest, the community is also one factor that decreases the playerbase constantly. I have never seen a game which is so Newbie hostile... This "AA EXP Gear" **** is decreasing the group options for new player extremly, its almost ompossible to find a group where it is not needed to have a T4 geared character for Crows Nest (yeah a bit extreme but I saw that happen once They kicked all ppl that didn't had atleast T4 gear xD). Sure, they can join a guild where they maybe get those tactics teached by expirienced and nice people but not everyone want's to join a guild. Reading guides wont help you in many cases you have to learn by doing (movement, good timing) but if there happens one or two wipes in a random group everyone is just leaving and insulting each other.

About PvP I don't even wan't to start talking... I don't know much about it and did just a few games / fights but that was enough to prevent me to do even more PvP. Insulting new PvP player that just joined a match (which didn't even started!) because of his low PvP level, bad gear or not that OP PVP MLG skilllzzzzz is just horrible and will just scare all people away.

I won't say everyone is like that, there are great and nice people that are helping new player but it seems like a big part of the community is the complete opposite of this.

Its mainly FC's fault that this game is running so damn bad but the community of AoC is widely known as very bad / hostile... which adds a bad taste to AoC and new player.
    About Community: the community of a massive multiplayer game is made of the playerbase the game is designed for.
    A casual game gets casual gamers, who are generally more friendly and relaxed.
    An hardcore game gets hardcore players who are.. quite mad

AoC is a very hardcore game for several aspects, and this explains its community.

You can't truly blame community in the end.. you can't be scared in a videogame, it's not your face.
    Use Ignore function if someone offends you.. there is not even need for chat moderation.
    Last edited by Korando-AoC; 28th April 2015 at 16:07.
    Retired nab.. once it was Korando (PvP 10 BS), Andromaeda (PvP 10 Sin), Calore (PvP 10 Demo) and minions...

Quote Originally Posted by Korando-AoC View Post
    About Community: the community of a massive multiplayer game is made of the playerbase the game is designed for.
    A casual game gets casual gamers, who are generally more friendly and relaxed.
    An hardcore game gets hardcore players who are.. quite mad

AoC is a very hardcore game for several aspects, and this explains its community.
    I am not quit sure if AoC's gamedesign is really "hardcore based"... many dungeon encounters have a Tank-and-Spank tactic (not counting some hardmodes or higher tier raids) but still, I wouldn't say that this is a reason for player to insult everyone who is "not on their level"... AoC is for mature people, well, atleast it's supposed to be for those people but if we take a look at Call of Duty we have nearly the same "PvP Community" as in AoC, almost everyone is insulting / hating each other too, does this CoD to a hardcore based game? No, I don't think so... it makes the game just appeal like its full of kids that just hit puberty and have to play internet gangster.

I stopped playing this game about 4 months ago. I haven't logged on much save for a couple mini games here and there. T5 release finally made me realize AoC's development was pretty much over. Sure you can say Funcom has a limited yet very dedicated staff (2 dedicated AoC devs) and they try to make the best they can with the current resources. But content wise there won't be anything other than recicled assets for whatever is left of AoC's future. It's sad because this game could have been much more. More expansions, more regions, more lore. It has a great combat system, settings and original graphic designs you won't find anywhere else. They were bold they were innovative they were visionaires in many aspects when this game came out but terrible decisions and lack of support/investments drove most of the community and playerbase away. It had nothing to do with the community being hostile. Other MMO's have the same or worse bile so don't blame it on the veteran costumers. So now they'll just keep servers on for as long as they can, milking subs and crap shop items. You're right about advertising - or the lack there of- but it's too far down the road to turn the tides. The company itself is on the red for years and investing the money they don't have on something like AoC wouldn't make any sense, from any investor/shareholder perspective. On top of that it is a licensced product so FC doesn't really have property. Maybe they're just keeping the vent machine on untill the license ends in 2020? In either case, game is getting old and dated without any serious maintainance and development. To me it just didn't seem reasonable to keep paying a sub anymore. I really enjoyed my time in AoC but for the first time I don't see myself coming back to it let alone resubbing. There are other pastures out there and even though they might not be greener they're at least sub free.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast