Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: React!

The Conan name can sell its self. Why in 7 hells they would drop this IP and great MMO for "The Secret World" which is a from the grounds up MMO with no real value in the name. I don't know!

Then they go with Lego's, because we all know that MMO's and Lego's goes together. It's for kids people, why the hell would you go with Lego's?

Age of Conan is the greatest thing this company has going for it, and they don't know what to do with it.

If Funcom had any common sense they would put people back in line with Age of Conan and do another "unchained" revamp as they did in the past. Advertise it, get the game back out, and continue putting a little bit of money back into it. For every 100k they invest they will get a really good turn around.
    Guards: Schou/Schoujr, DT: Mycroch, Conq: Kenfast, Barb: Sonofcronus, Sin's: Crazyassin/Daggerdick, Hox: Scorchnburn, Demo: Touchofdeath, Tos: Enslaveu, BS: Meballs

Secret World is a better game actually. AoC has much better gameplay and a more recognizable name, but is inferior in all other aspects. Subbed MMOs are also dead. And with a playerbase like this, no wonder new players don't stick around.

Quote Originally Posted by xCodename View Post
    Its true, I really love AoC, its the only game that held me for such a long (beautiful graphics, awesome soundtrack, better gameplay than other games + I like conan lore) time but now it is over. FC's decisions (for example: taking away the game director etc.) are just stupid but the only logical way for them to get enough money for their other games (even if I don't know what economic improvement that had... maybe they just fired him? ^^).
    Edit: Re-doing this post to be more accurate.

Nusquam has told us why he is no longer going to be the GD, and it doesn't mean AoC/TSW/AO are going to flounder without any kind of direction or idea what they are doing. Between what he said in the last GD letters for AoC/TSW, and this post on the TSW forums, we can get a good idea of what is going on now.

He has simply moved on to a different project, and his GD duties are spread around the team of devs. Everything is continuing basically just like normal.

For my part, I don't see the loss of the GD as a big problem.
    Last edited by tapwater; 28th April 2015 at 21:24.

Quote Originally Posted by tkgas7777 View Post
    PROMOTE!
    heh dont get me started on aoc and marketing

aoc marketing is taking a dozen dollars off the 1 year sub 2 times a year

Quote Originally Posted by cins View Post
    Secret World is a better game actually. AoC has much better gameplay and a more recognizable name, but is inferior in all other aspects.
    That would be just a personal opinion.

I find AoC to be far superior in all respects. TSW was a nice enough diversion, but i left it and returned to AoC.

Quote Originally Posted by cins View Post
    Secret World is a better game actually. AoC has much better gameplay and a more recognizable name, but is inferior in all other aspects. Subbed MMOs are also dead. And with a playerbase like this, no wonder new players don't stick around.
    Age of Conan funded Secret World, which was not the smash hit Funcom thought it would be. It's just another game out there, nothing special about it. Age of Conan still has features (collision, combo system, fluid movement combat system, actual los) which 7 years after launch is still far superior to most MMO's.

If you want content provided in regular intervals, you need money to pay staff to create it. You don't think Secret World got all those episode expansions for free, all these subbed games they have were paying for some of that. If you want to play a game that you expect new content, you need to invest in it, that is the point of a sub. Many games offer a tasting of their content for free, which gives you the option to pay to enjoy all the content and invest in the game, or move on to a another title you make like better. You could argue AoC is pay to play, and new content is non-existent. Well, when you take your profits and staff from one game to fund another or multiple others, of course.

If you can't afford 10 dollars a month, then you probably should be out looking for employment rather than sitting at home playing free games...
    Last edited by Suctum; 29th April 2015 at 15:03.
    Doomsayer 2008

i only wonder why don't they sell this game to another company who actually wants to invest money on it
    lol, perhaps no one wants it.

to me this game is dead, and that's why i won't re-sub, sad because this is the best MMO in the market.
    for all i care FC can take it down for a year or two and relaunch later, i would come back.
    meh...

Quote Originally Posted by Suctum View Post
    If you can't afford 10 dollars a month, then you probably should be out looking for employment rather than sitting at home playing free games...
    Isn't TSW B2P? So you only have to buy the game for some money and you can play for free all the time (I don't know if there is a In Game Shop or something like that).

If you want to have content, you must pay for it. There is not a single problem with this in my opinion but what FC does here is just gathering money from AoC Subscribers to spend it on different games. AoC could have gotten so many decent updates in the last 3 Years if they would have spent at least a bit of this money in it but there was nearly nothing at all. Where did the money go we paid in these three years? Achievements? T5 Raid instance?

I can't see any reason to pay more for AoC if we get only 1 insanely small update in one or two years and other FC games greater ones (due to the fact that most money has to come from AoC with its monthly fee and In Game Shop).
    Last edited by xCodename; 29th April 2015 at 18:24.

i am done with this game, cause i dont want to argue anymore about the incompetence of funcom. seeing this great game going to hell hurts. ye its just a game, but it could have been still so huge in the right hands.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast