Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: PvP Factions for One Merged Server.

Quote Originally Posted by finnius1 View Post
    I'm talking about world PvP here. And with 3 or more factions, things would get very interesting. No one would be forced to join a faction at all if they didn't want to. The PvP servers are nearly dead. As it stands right now, there is no significant world PvP outside of 1 week of PvP events per month, and that is sporadic at best. Multiple factions would be a big improvement over the world PvP that we have right now on Crom, which is almost nothing. Let's be reasonable here. The vast majority of players aren't going for FFA PvP, simply because FC drove away most of the hardcore PvP'rs from this game, and pansy the PvE'rs are about all that's left. We need something to bring PvP'rs back to the game and keep them here.
    I was talking about world pvp aswell. And still don't see the point with faction since it's mostly Pugish fights. It's messy. If you have a solid groupe it can help, you'll often have some noobs you can groupe to distract the guys you are fighting leaving you with more space to move but all in all, it's a poor ersatz of guild vs guild pvp. Honestly it's something i've found to be very frustrating when in a groupe during festival of blood event. You get grouped and it's okay when you dominate but when the tide changes you really feel the lack of team play because all goes to hell and the only thing happening is players grouping more peeps to fight back with numbers rather than with coordination.

I remember a time where i'd almost exclusively fight with the same people. We'd be on TS most of the time and when spanked, come back with a diffrent tactic, pull our foes to a diffrent spot where we could exploit the terrain to our advantage or simply to fight further away from the rezpad. Ever tried pulling your ennemies away from rezpad with a pug raid ? It takes ages because you always have a couple tards getting rezpad farmed on the rez to infinity and beyond

The game is indeed dying, now is not the time to be cautious. Now is not the time to make the safe bets. It's time to be bold.
    Vali~The Mental Mushroom
    Vehl~The Pink Flamingo
    Vahlie~Redhead's bane
    Tisane~Kettle of Xotli
    Nvah~ . . .

Quote Originally Posted by Chaman-bourru View Post
    Now is not the time to make the safe bets. It's time to be bold.
    I agree with you on that. Risks need to be taken. As it stands right now, this game is fairly well-polished and just needs a hook to get old players back and new players to stick around. PvE content is nice, but are large portion of gamers enjoy regular competitiveness via PvP. There isn't enough of that right now--or a reason to get people out fighting each other.
    "Civilized men are more discourteous than savages because they know they can be impolite without having their skulls split, as a general thing." --Robert E. Howard

The game is dead because of players like you Finnius. Let it die and stop trying to beat a dead horse.

Quote Originally Posted by Gigafyte View Post
    The game is dead because of players like you Finnius. Let it die and stop trying to beat a dead horse.
    PvP hurts sometimes, but no need to get bitter over it. Learn from your failures and get better. You might actually have fun.
    "Civilized men are more discourteous than savages because they know they can be impolite without having their skulls split, as a general thing." --Robert E. Howard

PvP hurts sometimes, but no need to get bitter over it. Learn from your failures and get better. You might actually have fun.
    Defuq ----

Quote Originally Posted by camilleboucquill View Post
    Defuq ----
    Do I really need to interpret what he was actually saying? It was a troll post. I responded in kind.

I get a lot of that on these forums, from years of killing other players' toons. You know--lots of bitter tears and personal attacks.
    Last edited by finnius1; 24th April 2015 at 19:55.

Do I really need to interpret what he was actually saying? It was a troll post. I responded in kind.

I get a lot of that on these forums, from years of killing other players' toons. You know--lots of bitter tears and personal attacks.
    fair enough, but beating a dead horse is not usually the best thing to do. aoc needs to be revived, not patched up, and pvp factions classifies as a patch up to me: more essentially meaningless content

Quote Originally Posted by camilleboucquill View Post
    fair enough, but beating a dead horse is not usually the best thing to do. aoc needs to be revived, not patched up, and pvp factions classifies as a patch up to me: more essentially meaningless content
    I'm just throwing ideas out there. Anything has got to be better than a PvP arena. Never, in any MMO that I've played in, have I been impressed by a PvP arena. It's just a smaller mini-game with spectators. Not impressed. I want wars and battles, not epeen duels.

FC isn't doing us any favors with PvP arenas. This won't inspire anyone who is PvE-focused to give PvP a try. Nor will it bring back any of the flavor (or players) of the early days of AoC.

Class-balance only exists on a large scale in PvP battles. Arenas will only prove what we already know--that some combinations of classes are far superior to other combinations of classes. That being said, if arenas are all that we're given, I will give them a try. I'm a PvP'r already, though, so that shouldn't be a surprise.
    Last edited by finnius1; 28th April 2015 at 20:48.

I'm just throwing ideas out there. Anything has got to be better than a PvP arena.
    lol yep

but oddly peeps on the forums seem to care for the arena o.O and i have no clue why

The arena is a stupid idea. All it will do is illustrate how well several classes do against others in the right combination. Those classes will simply be the ones that are over played, and actual pvpers will lose interest in it fast. Nothing caters to FoTM players more than a play field like this. I imagine while some of it could be fun, it is nothing to be taken seriously as class balance is heavily the most weighted factor.

It feels more as something to do, or a place to go with guild mates or friends, than something that can be seen a competitive pvp. I would enjoy this content to a point, but it is far inferior to actual premade 6v6 minis. And do not be fooled it is as such either.

You want incentive for PvP, make owning a BK meaningful so people will not only fight to keep theirs, but deny others to have one at all. Perhaps owning a BK could mean that you can access content for your guild others can not. I can imagine no better way to incentivize pvp as to owning a T3 BK is the only way to access T6 content. I bet you would see guild rivalries and actual PvP within minutes of that announcement, and all those pvpers that raiding guilds complain about just being in guild all of a sudden become the people they want to keep the most.
    Last edited by Suctum; 29th April 2015 at 07:19.
    Doomsayer 2008

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast