Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: PvP Factions for One Merged Server.

screw factions, we already have guilds.

I agree, FFA any time. I'd just want guilds (and people...) to be more encouraged to play together and compete with others. Factions only allow you to have a wider pool of PuGs to use as canon fodder
    Vali~The Mental Mushroom
    Vehl~The Pink Flamingo
    Vahlie~Redhead's bane
    Tisane~Kettle of Xotli
    Nvah~ . . .

Quote Originally Posted by Chaman-bourru View Post
    I agree, FFA any time. I'd just want guilds (and people...) to be more encouraged to play together and compete with others. Factions only allow you to have a wider pool of PuGs to use as canon fodder
    I'm talking about world PvP here. And with 3 or more factions, things would get very interesting. No one would be forced to join a faction at all if they didn't want to. The PvP servers are nearly dead. As it stands right now, there is no significant world PvP outside of 1 week of PvP events per month, and that is sporadic at best. Multiple factions would be a big improvement over the world PvP that we have right now on Crom, which is almost nothing. Let's be reasonable here. The vast majority of players aren't going for FFA PvP, simply because FC drove away most of the hardcore PvP'rs from this game, and pansy the PvE'rs are about all that's left. We need something to bring PvP'rs back to the game and keep them here.

But again, I agree that a choice between instanced PvP zones, like the choice between normal/epic instances, would be better than the "no choice" that we have now for world PvP.
    "Civilized men are more discourteous than savages because they know they can be impolite without having their skulls split, as a general thing." --Robert E. Howard

Quote Originally Posted by camilleboucquill View Post
    screw factions, we already have guilds.
    When do guilds ever fight vs other guilds anymore? Sieges? The only guild doing sieges atm is Empire of Stygia, and they get crapped on by all the other guilds banning together to stop them from rocking the precious Crom PvE scrubs' boat.

If you can come up with a better idea involving guilds instead of factions, I encourage you to post it.
    "Civilized men are more discourteous than savages because they know they can be impolite without having their skulls split, as a general thing." --Robert E. Howard

Quote Originally Posted by finnius1 View Post
    I'm talking about world PvP here. And with 3 or more factions, things would get very interesting. No one would be forced to join a faction at all if they didn't want to. The PvP servers are nearly dead. As it stands right now, there is no significant world PvP outside of 1 week of PvP events per month, and that is sporadic at best. Multiple factions would be a big improvement over the world PvP that we have right now on Crom, which is almost nothing. Let's be reasonable here. The vast majority of players aren't going for FFA PvP, simply because FC drove away most of the hardcore PvP'rs from this game, and pansy the PvE'rs are about all that's left. We need something to bring PvP'rs back to the game and keep them here.

But again, I agree that a choice between instanced PvP zones, like the choice between normal/epic instances, would be better than the "no choice" that we have now for world PvP.
    There will still be the question of how you design these factions. I think if you look at the responses, the enforced choice is not seemingly that popular. But this does not rule out factions, just make them reactive and flexible (you can still attack everyone, but there will be boni or penalties, depending on faction relations), not enforced (like, you can not attack players of the same faction).

When do guilds ever fight vs other guilds anymore?
    constantly on fury. The way guilds hold hands is a crom phenomenon. You should come back bro
    Live Twitch Stream - Fury PvP - US East Coast Prime Time - Rated MA

Quote Originally Posted by Spreadicus View Post
    constantly on fury. The way guilds hold hands is a crom phenomenon. You should come back bro
    Believe me, I've often considered it. Maybe the pop there has increased since the last couple of times I checked it out. I'm rather tired of the status quo on Crom. It's boring, to say the least.

Believe me, I've often considered it. Maybe the pop there has increased since the last couple of times I checked it out. I'm rather tired of the status quo on Crom. It's boring, to say the least.
    The population fluxuates but i will just say there is enough pvp to keep you busy here.

This line here
    It's boring, to say the least
    Is exactly why im vehemently opposed to going to crom .. its BORING
    Last edited by Spreadicus; 16th April 2015 at 00:25.
    Live Twitch Stream - Fury PvP - US East Coast Prime Time - Rated MA

When do guilds ever fight vs other guilds anymore? Sieges? The only guild doing sieges atm is Empire of Stygia, and they get crapped on by all the other guilds banning together to stop them from rocking the precious Crom PvE scrubs' boat.

If you can come up with a better idea involving guilds instead of factions, I encourage you to post it.
    guilds is the same as faction, theres just a size difference and a pug vs organized difference

AoC wont attract competitive play anytime soon for many reasons. for me however, losing say 1 third of the people to fight because they are in my faction is not exciting stuff. moreover, it would all be pug stuff, why would i care to play with a bunch of randoms to fight a bunch of randoms just because we are in different factions.

You need people pools for factions, you need people willing to pvp to invite, you need to have rewards to get most people to fight. The way open world works outside the pvp events lack all 3 of these. In the past, it was easy to get a small or large group of people and start a fight with another or more same sized groups and essentially just fight for zone control and kills with really nothing tangible than a reward other than a store of SS to post.

That's not the case now except amongst the smallest minority of players. Most want to earn pvp rewards without resorting to actual pvp, so under a faction system you would have 1 super faction killing personal bots on the other side, along with the few players who actually choose to fight, which would not be that many. You simply have to look back to CE to be reminded of what players choose with choice. Under a forced faction system, with no choice, most people would choose to not do it at all or the easy path of just joining the largest faction.
    Doomsayer 2008

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast