Page 9 of 9 FirstFirst ... 56789

Thread: April GD Letter !!

Quote Originally Posted by Shax84 View Post
    T5 isn't great, it's just something to keep raiders in game.

Good, cause it's exactly why it was made for.
    Your Storm Field critically healed Officer of the Wolves for 7038.

There is lots and lots of more lore they could create content from. But recycling content with stealing mechanics from other fights is all we get. T5 isn't great, it's just something to keep raiders in game.

We need Palace of Cetriss and getting a new outdoor area, like Kush/Darfar/Keshan or Black Kingdoms would be really great.
    T5 is a recycled raid visually but encounters and mechanics are not stolen. All the fights are well designed and it is an enjoyable raid. In my opinion it is better raid than T4 that had only 3 good bosses and the rest was crap and waste of time.

Nonetheless, FC should release Palace of Cetriss and I am looking forward to it but saying T5 raid is bad is simply not true.
    ༼ つ ◕_◕ ༽つ Evil Elitist Veteran Wanker ༼ つ ◕_◕ ༽つ

-- Make AoC Great Again --

Quote Originally Posted by Redd View Post
    T5 is a recycled raid visually but encounters and mechanics are not stolen. All the fights are well designed and it is an enjoyable raid. In my opinion it is better raid than T4 that had only 3 good bosses and the rest was crap and waste of time.

Nonetheless, FC should release Palace of Cetriss and I am looking forward to it but saying T5 raid is bad is simply not true.
    Got no experience with Champion or Kyllikki sadly.. But the mechanics of the two first fights have similarities with a few others.

Burning down adds at Yakhmar before Temper, can be compared with burning down adds at Emperor before they explode.
    Hugging Boss at Freezing Gale can be compared with Sky Pierce.
    Heart of Fire reminds me of Meteor decoy and Miasmas.
    Strafing around boss reminds me of the Commander in Ai District.

None of the two first encounters are brand new with both new faces and new mechanics like Temple of Erlik was. But it is a new level of difficulty and a new challenge, which of course is appreciated.

Got no experience with Champion or Kyllikki sadly.. But the mechanics of the two first fights have similarities with a few others.

Burning down adds at Yakhmar before Temper, can be compared with burning down adds at Emperor before they explode.
    Hugging Boss at Freezing Gale can be compared with Sky Pierce.
    Heart of Fire reminds me of Meteor decoy and Miasmas.
    Strafing around boss reminds me of the Commander in Ai District.

None of the two first encounters are brand new with both new faces and new mechanics like Temple of Erlik was. But it is a new level of difficulty and a new challenge, which of course is appreciated.
    Pretty sure the intended mechanic for Yakhmar was to kite the adds, not burn them. Why else would they allow mounts in the raid instance, unlike every other raid, including T1? In any case, killing adds quickly can hardly be called re-using mechanics - what's the alternative, killing adds slowly? The things you describe, hugging boss, going away from boss and other players etc. are so basic that virtually every MMO does it, and you can hardly blame Funcom for doing the same.

I like T5 mechanics so far. The best part of them is fights doesn't take too long with uncompressible-timed repetitive events like it is on T4 with fights like Imp or Emperor. So a full T5 run, even with some wipes, doesn't take much time compared to a full T4 clear which is really hard to achieve in one raid.

Actually, T5 are really action-themed fights with mechanics mostly teased with the adds before. Thoses kind of encounters really sets right with AoC lore and gameplay. Of course you can find a some similarities but like Greyloins said, they're more basics raid mechanics you can't really avoid anyway, like adds spawns. I prefer when we have to look for solutions with our class, feats, gameplay, battle strategy than looking for some external cryptic mechanics like "dance dance revolution" phase that takes 90% of the fight to remove a dull 95 deflection shield.
    Also most of fights i encounter gives the chance to everyone to hit the boss itself. This is important since we join raids for this, and having fights like Sheng when you're basically on door duty, spanking endless waves of adds, kills a bit the purpose of the raid.

I like when i am facing something new to do with my class during a fight. A fighting role like adds teams in Vistrix unchained, where your dps doesn't matter but your bursts capacities does. I liked when we had to theorycraft about the best bursting abilities of sin, ranger, barb or hox :P It changed a lot the fighting experience, especially for classes where rotation and feats are carved in stone since forever due to lack of meta shifiting and player's imagination.

I don't know about the intended tactics for Yukhumuuur uc, was never fond of kitings mechanics anyway. Did Conan really kite all the time during his adventures ? :P Think the "kill before they eats you" idea was the more exciting, and keeps a bit players engaged in the fight. Since they don't have tweaked the fight afterwhile, devs should have considered that this alternative is legit. Anyway, they're used to see how players made entirly different tactics than they expected and I'm pretty sure they're often amused with that.
    Your Storm Field critically healed Officer of the Wolves for 7038.

Conan runs or rides a lot in the books
    Short cuts make long delays.

Conan killed Yakhmar,but the mountain collapsed on the worm

Quote Originally Posted by Anzu View Post
    Conan runs or rides a lot in the books
    It is hoped that the books will be valuable. Not just an empty sound like titles of Achievements. Not only beautiful looks like pets and social gear.

With regard to T5, I can say that the fight is really interesting and challenging, but unfortunately, bonuses for some classes is not sufficiently valuable. Therefore, the T5 raids are difficult to organize.
    Last edited by Ernests; 28th April 2015 at 06:36.
    Kattas - 10.PvP, full T6 and full AA demo

Page 9 of 9 FirstFirst ... 56789