Page 6 of 9 FirstFirst ... 23456789 LastLast

Thread: April GD Letter !!

Quote Originally Posted by viroku View Post
    Will this new AA create bigger gap between veteran and new characters?
    Looks like all characters will be in same position with new AA

As always i'm tied between disappointement and understanding of the lack of ressources. This solo arena being pushed quickly clearly speak for itself. T5 was also "created" in a short timeline cause it was needed to pushdown Cetriss last in the to-do-list. Raiders are currently happy with T5, so expect they won't work on Cetriss before 2016 now

Arena and AA expansion are also designed to replace big updates making years to be delivered by small updates/system tweaking really easier to do.

Any of thoses priority changes were intended cause long-awaited projects inherited of the Morrison era are simply too big for the current devteam. We need to accept that nothing is carved in stone now, and without a GD to lead long-term projects, be sure (end of)-Dragonspine & Crafting revamp remains the last "dinosaurs" projects in AoC. So at least, let them time to be perfectly polished cause we won't see thoses kind of major updates afterwhile.

Pretty sure when it was talked about before, they intend to give more options. So you won't have a power gap, just more options to customize the toon how you want.
    It's an interesting point, yes. All depend of the inherent power of thoses AA. If they are close to what were AA's currently, you'll see gaps. AA redefined the power of the classes and created power-creep in AoC (VoM hehehe). If thoses AA's are just alternatives, it's okay but the line between power increase and alternative is very very thin and it's hard work of testing especially if you're alone on it, cause you can't foresee what thousands of players can create with the interaction of olds skills new skills . That's why the idea of alt-weapon is a good start to guarantee a "small bareer" against unexpected combos.

I think thoses AA expand should be PvE-exclusive. Not that i think Pvpers doesn't deserve new AA but the risk of unbalance would be too high and there's already tons of balancing work in that area of the game to take the risk of expanding the issue. Some AA's related to PvE mobs (more damage to Serpents mans, more frost protection in cimmerian areas) is the way to go to prevent further power creep.
    Your Storm Field critically healed Officer of the Wolves for 7038.

Quote Originally Posted by Bibik View Post
    I think thoses AA expand should be PvE-exclusive. Not that i think Pvpers doesn't deserve new AA but the risk of unbalance would be too high and there's already tons of balancing work in that area of the game to take the risk of expanding the issue. Some AA's related to PvE mobs (more damage to Serpents mans, more frost protection in cimmerian areas) is the way to go to prevent further power creep.
    I agree with this completely. Really would hate to see more unbalance in pvp and adding more AA (or other weapons for classes) could make big mess. For sure it would be fun to play around with some new AA but risk is to big pvp wise.

@Imagowz Haven't really read anything before about new AA, but this description was very vague.

IF these new AAs are actives that'll need to be swapped with current perks, they might be good. If they're gonna be more passive bonus crap for MOAR POWAH, they'll certainly ruin the game even further. The last thing needed is more powercreep obsoleting older content since harder new content isn't coming anytime soon.

Quote Originally Posted by cins View Post
    IF these new AAs are actives that'll need to be swapped with current perks, they might be good. If they're gonna be more passive bonus crap for MOAR POWAH, they'll certainly ruin the game even further. The last thing needed is more powercreep obsoleting older content since harder new content isn't coming anytime soon.
    Agreed, cins. That is what I fear too (in both PVE and PVP). Maybe the current list and classes can be debuffed? No. That is too much for the current team.
    I would say, focus on bug fixing for a year or two.
    • Remove daily rewards and the raid finder;
    • remove membership bonuses;
    • disable PVE XP for daily challenges;
    • remove WBs forever on Crom;
    • slow down the AA gain;
    • lower the PVP XP gain or remove the streak system;
    • remove AoE looting;
    • add the missing mobs back to Khesh., F. of the Dead, and Eigl. Mount.;
    • fix the 250+ms ping;
    • take the key away from Saddur;
    • revert T3, T3.5 (10.21.15), T4 (10.21.15), and GGG changes;
    • remove energy and add skills (like taunt) back.

Just fixing 2-3 bugs per month would do it for me, until that's done, they don't have to add any content for my part..

Start with whats broken for everyone, like resurrection window, ffa looting, server lagspikes (not talking about relocation latency), invisible mounts, authorization error and community server bugs..

After thats done, I'd really like that Funcom could fix clipping issues on many armor kits. Some of it looks really bad.

With a promise of getting these things fixed, new items in veteran trader shop (4h buff potions, combo/spell books, resurgence pots, big healing pots etc..) Players should get tempted to buy more subscription.

Right now most my chars have more than 1000 vet points and nothing to spend on. :/ Could blow it all on swift horses for that achievement but man... What a waste. Been a while now since veterans in game was rewarded for their loyalty to Age of Conan. :/

Quote Originally Posted by Shax84 View Post
    Just fixing 2-3 bugs per month would do it for me, until that's done, they don't have to add any content for my part..
    ^^^^^^This.

Quote Originally Posted by Shax84 View Post

Start with whats broken for everyone, like resurrection window, ffa looting, server lagspikes (not talking about relocation latency), invisible mounts, authorization error and community server bugs..

After thats done, I'd really like that Funcom could fix clipping issues on many armor kits. Some of it looks really bad.

With a promise of getting these things fixed, new items in veteran trader shop (4h buff potions, combo/spell books, resurgence pots, big healing pots etc..) Players should get tempted to buy more subscription.

Right now most my chars have more than 1000 vet points and nothing to spend on. :/ Could blow it all on swift horses for that achievement but man... What a waste. Been a while now since veterans in game was rewarded for their loyalty to Age of Conan. :/
    There are a ton more bugs that could use some attention. I am sure if the community were to be asked we could come up with a list that would take years to complete. There are quests that have been broken for years, missing textures (cages and terrain in Purple Lotus Swamp), and let's not forget the triple whammy Reknown bugs.

no resources?

use those you already have and give us more UNCHAINED DUNGEONS at least... something to do...

... nevermind
    The body is but a vessel for the soul, a puppet which bends to the soul's tyranny. And lo, the body is not eternal, for it must feed on the flesh of others, lest it return to the dust from whence it came. Therefore must the soul deceive, despise and murder men.
    ---
    Zarathustra - Dark Templar
    Utawarerumono - Bear Shaman
    Caim - Herald of Xotli
    Silmeria - Assassin
    Nekoruru - Conqueror
    Manah - Priest of Mitra
    Samanosuke - Guardian
    Isztaria - Demonologist
    Lenethia - Ranger

Unless they can find some cheap intern to do it I'd rather see they focus dev time on slithering chaos/cetriss and crafting revamp. If they manage to get those out before 2016 I'd be happy with this year.

Only bug that desperately needs a fix is the resurrection window. All the other ones I can live with or work around.

Page 6 of 9 FirstFirst ... 23456789 LastLast