Page 8 of 9 FirstFirst ... 456789 LastLast

Thread: April GD Letter !!

Quote Originally Posted by magnum92 View Post
    The gap you are talking about is not THAT big, most of the people that whine about it is Guards that use Bloody Vengance and Counterstrike and Dulling blow when they dont have aggro, maybe if the new AA's blocked that, it would be better ;P
    Nonetheless, there is a gap and it's noticeable enough where it needs addressing.

Quote Originally Posted by Chillee View Post
    But otherwise, I'd prefer they work on the crafting update, Slithering Chaos, and Cetriss. If it's done well, the crafting update will do more for bringing back some old players than anything else realistically could.
    Look at T5. It is a complete botched-up work. They could not even create something at par with T3.5.
    • Remove daily rewards and the raid finder;
    • remove membership bonuses;
    • disable PVE XP for daily challenges;
    • remove WBs forever on Crom;
    • slow down the AA gain;
    • lower the PVP XP gain or remove the streak system;
    • remove AoE looting;
    • add the missing mobs back to Khesh., F. of the Dead, and Eigl. Mount.;
    • fix the 250+ms ping;
    • take the key away from Saddur;
    • revert T3, T3.5 (10.21.15), T4 (10.21.15), and GGG changes;
    • remove energy and add skills (like taunt) back.

The only time I see the huge gap between DTS and Guards is when the Dts are in suicide stupid Tali spec. And or certain encounters where magic resistance is super low.

Now let's be honest here. Both classes have pros, but we're only focusing on the DTs.

Guards have great group buffs, Dts dont. Guards have amazing snap aggro, in time trials I would personally like a guard instead of a DT.

I guess my point here is simple. I don't want the classes to change. Ya, it gets agrivating at times when a half skilled numb skull thinks he's good because he eventually got aggro with a Dt in full t4 and tali spec doing 1800 dps On a boss. But tgere are again fights where guards Excell far past that of a Dt, and likewise.
    Guards: Schou/Schoujr, DT: Mycroch, Conq: Kenfast, Barb: Sonofcronus, Sin's: Crazyassin/Daggerdick, Hox: Scorchnburn, Demo: Touchofdeath, Tos: Enslaveu, BS: Meballs

Quote Originally Posted by LunaticAsylumLA View Post
    Look at T5. It is a complete botched-up work. They could not even create something at par with T3.5.
    Eh, what? T5, in terms of the encounters themselves, is great. As good as any raid tier in aoc. The problem is we got recycled (albeit slightly re-textured I guess) T1 bosses and recycled gear visuals (and they didn't find the time to give all classes unique recycled looks even...). Not very sexy at all. But the fights themselves surpassed my expectations, and that's really more important than visuals.

Nothing good can come out of new AA feats. I would prefer they just add some other feat tree or something. There needs to be a limiting factor, getting or using a new AA locks you out of old ones, for example. All they do is inflate DPS as the only stat anyone cares about, for every class. With people approaching 30%+ critical chance as a sustained number, and ludicrous magic or combat rating stats, adding abilities or AA's that are even more powerful than what we have now will just ruin what little balance there exists now.

If the new AA's just changed the flavor of classes while not increasing their overall PvP power, that is something I can get behind. However, as everyone knows, it's always a power push from Funcom so I for one am not really anticipating nothing but the worst from the introduction to a new line of abilities or AAs. It would be nice to see some Archetype or Class Mastery things, where choosing which race or class can offer some kind of new benefit you could take, but it will most likely just be a DPS push on whatever they release.
    Doomsayer 2008

Quote Originally Posted by Suctum View Post
    Nothing good can come out of new AA feats. I would prefer they just add some other feat tree or something. There needs to be a limiting factor, getting or using a new AA locks you out of old ones, for example. All they do is inflate DPS as the only stat anyone cares about, for every class. With people approaching 30%+ critical chance as a sustained number, and ludicrous magic or combat rating stats, adding abilities or AA's that are even more powerful than what we have now will just ruin what little balance there exists now.

If the new AA's just changed the flavor of classes while not increasing their overall PvP power, that is something I can get behind. However, as everyone knows, it's always a power push from Funcom so I for one am not really anticipating nothing but the worst from the introduction to a new line of abilities or AAs. It would be nice to see some Archetype or Class Mastery things, where choosing which race or class can offer some kind of new benefit you could take, but it will most likely just be a DPS push on whatever they release.
    I do feel the same when I read "new AA" from Funcom.
    Expert Shield of the Risen opener.

So not even a mention of the revamped crafting system, must have decided its too hard and stopped caring about it, From Joel's February letter

Looking forward Update 4.6 will contain the new crafting system. We’re still plugging away at ensuring that everything is in place for us to roll it out but this is our primary systems and code focus until it is completed. Once the crafting system is in place, we have a good solution for loot and expanding upon the dungeon and raid system.

Should be the next thing out and what they should be talking about and getting tested but nothing in last 2 letters/updates so figure its been shelved

Quote Originally Posted by Greyloins View Post
    Eh, what? T5, in terms of the encounters themselves, is great. As good as any raid tier in aoc. The problem is we got recycled (albeit slightly re-textured I guess) T1 bosses and recycled gear visuals (and they didn't find the time to give all classes unique recycled looks even...). Not very sexy at all. But the fights themselves surpassed my expectations, and that's really more important than visuals.
    All T5 bosses still have bugs and some sort of problems with scripts. I don't call "great" some moments when Vistrix just starts spamming attacks. Yakhmar still have some problems with adds. Champion still can use AoE out of nowhere without any reason

There is lots and lots of more lore they could create content from. But recycling content with stealing mechanics from other fights is all we get. T5 isn't great, it's just something to keep raiders in game.

We need Palace of Cetriss and getting a new outdoor area, like Kush/Darfar/Keshan or Black Kingdoms would be really great.

we need AGE OF CONAN 2 without the mistakes funcom did with the classic age of conan!!!

Page 8 of 9 FirstFirst ... 456789 LastLast