Thread: Hello everyone! :D I have a few quick questions....

Default Hello everyone! :D I have a few quick questions....

1.) So I'm looking to prem up and unlock all game content. Other then Premium and RotGS expansion what else do I need to buy to fully unlock the game and all it's areas, features, and content? I read the store description for RotGS something about prems can upgrade to it for free or did I misread it? I was a little confused.

2.) How come none of the guides I've read talk about skills? All I see mentioned is feats and gear, I'm left wondering how to use my skill points.

3.) Is there other things to do end game other then raids? I've done enough raiding in Final Fantasy 14 to last me several lifetimes...

4.) I was wondering should I create a Demonologist or Necromancer for my mage? I love AOE and playing with pets in equal measure. I hear Demos have good AOE but crappy pets, Necros seem to get several pets they can use together but I'm not sure how their AOE fairs...
    Last edited by joey3155; 3rd April 2015 at 04:42.

Quote Originally Posted by joey3155 View Post
    1.) So I'm looking to prem up and unlock all game content. Other then Premium and RotGS expansion what else do I need to buy to fully unlock the game and all it's areas, features, and content? I read the store description for RotGS something about prems can upgrade to it for free or did I misread it? I was a little confused.
    1. Jewels of Turan: Ardashir Areas are a must. You will gain one perfect raid, one group dungeon, two solo dungeons, and levelling content for level-50 characters. Buy Turan after you go Premium to save some money!
    2. Buy RotGS only after you go Premium. Do not buy it before(!)
    3. Do not go Premium, though, if your characters are below 80. There is no need. Unlock Turan and that should suffice.

2.) How come none of the guides I've read talk about skills? All I see mentioned is feats and gear, I'm left wondering how to use my skill points.
    Funcom botched it up and removed a large share of skills from the game. Just put 250 in climbing, and maximize the rest.

3.) Is there other things to do end game other then raids? I've done enough raiding in Final Fantasy 14 to last me several lifetimes...
    RP, gaining PVP gear and levels, solo quests, dungeon quests, achievemnts, crafting, solo dungeons... The list is endless.

4.) I was wondering should I create a Demonologist or Necromancer for my mage? I love AOE and playing with pets in equal measure. I hear Demos have good AOE but crappy pets, Necros seem to get several pets they can use together but I'm not sure how their AOE fairs...
    Start with a melee DPS character to feel the beauty of the game: Herald of Xotli (AoE/Single-target mage), assassin (single-target rogue), barbarian (single-target rogue). Pick Herald of Xotli. You will be the embodiment of god!
    • Remove daily rewards and the raid finder;
    • remove membership bonuses;
    • disable PVE XP for daily challenges;
    • remove WBs forever on Crom;
    • slow down the AA gain;
    • lower the PVP XP gain or remove the streak system;
    • remove AoE looting;
    • add the missing mobs back to Khesh., F. of the Dead, and Eigl. Mount.;
    • fix the 250+ms ping;
    • take the key away from Saddur;
    • revert T3, T3.5 (10.21.15), T4 (10.21.15), and GGG changes;
    • remove energy and add skills (like taunt) back.

1. sub first then you get 10% discount to buy rotg/turan expansion with funcom points, make sure you sub first before level up, you get free AA for each level

2. Just max climbing/hide/run speed at 80, nothing special, just put cursor on them to watch description

3. you need to do raid to get best pve gear, if you are not raiding best gears you can get is from unchain 6man/ khitai 6man /factions.

4.demo/necro are easy mode, i would suggest to play a hox, at least you wont fall asleep when spamming just few buttons.....pets are not very useful in this game imo
    Henryx Guardian
    Henryau Pom
    Henryz Barb
    Henryuki Hox
    Henryn Necro
    Crom
    - Henryx Age of Conan Youtube -
    - Henryx Age of Conan Blog -

Quote Originally Posted by henryabccba View Post
    1. sub first then you get 10% discount to buy rotg/turan expansion with funcom points, make sure you sub first before level up, you get free AA for each level

2. Just max climbing/hide/run speed at 80, nothing special, just put cursor on them to watch description
    Max climbing is useless. As far as I know, the maximum required to climb the hardest thing in game is 600-"ish" (600 or 650, can't remember). It's the rope in Atzel's Approach that make the shortcut to the bridge of blood. Maxing it at 800 seems like a waste of points.
    -
    Fun fact : Not actually the same guy as the player named "Jaedelyia" in-game. Never though I would one day encounter a guy with the same nickname as this one.

Some leap of faith achievements do require more than 600 climbing, i had to spend 2 G to reset my skills because of that.
    So i would advise 800 climbing.
    What does not require 800 is search, which is useless in PvE, and in PvP, i think all classes got abilities that can pop people out of hide, so search is also useless there.
    {Circle of Eternity}
    Mellaus
    Lachdanann dt | Aldebarrand guard | Ataraxes demo | Tangorogrim tos | Aranruth barb | Demether pom | Errant ranger | Diluvien sin | Hekatomb necro | Haemmer bs | Nyarlathotep tos

Quote Originally Posted by Jaedelyia View Post
    Max climbing is useless. As far as I know, the maximum required to climb the hardest thing in game is 600-"ish" (600 or 650, can't remember). It's the rope in Atzel's Approach that make the shortcut to the bridge of blood. Maxing it at 800 seems like a waste of points.
    iirc the tiger's quest in Chosain that requires you to climb lots of cliffs to give tea to crazy people requires more than 650. At least, I once tried playing with 650, but discovered that it wasn't enough for something, and that something wasn't leap of faith achievements or the guild city quests.

Highest I encountered ( aloooong time ago) was 675 climbing needed in Atzels Approach.
    If you circle around Atzels Fortress you will find 2 NPC's at the far end.
    One of these sells, besides the then top bag, mountaineering gear.
    If I remember right 4 pieces with each +25 climbing on them.
    Those days you could use that to climb the ruins in their back where there are several hidden loot caches and some monsters to fight.
    Nothing epic just an insane climb. And a nice view.
    Xiuhcoatl, Xipil, Udiya, Zhoerong lvl 80 HoXes .... multi-speccing?
    Gorgophone lvl 80 Barb, Kheiron lvl 80 PoM (Heal?), Uruloki lvl 80 Demo (Nub), Berenike lvl 80 Conq (retired.) All raised on Hyrkania RP-PVE (R.I.P.) server.

[undisclosed] lvl 80 HoX (!), Marbhaisgort lvl 80 Necro (fresh), Chahwuk (ToS)/Merav(Necro) lvl5x (for when I get to do Purist-achievements) Cromites.

Membership valid until 2018-03-16 20:02:55 Got tricked again 2015-12-14

Quote Originally Posted by Jaedelyia View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Mellaus View Post
    Some leap of faith achievements do require more than 600 climbing, i had to spend 2 G to reset my skills because of that.
    So i would advise 800 climbing.
    What does not require 800 is search, which is useless in PvE, and in PvP, i think all classes got abilities that can pop people out of hide, so search is also useless there.

There is also the 4 pieces of climbing gear (bought behind Atzels Fortress) which each give +50 Climbing skill. That makes it so you only need 600 climbing to climb even the maximum 800 climb points. This tends to mean that you will have extra skill points after maxing everything other than climb, so your climb will end up over 600 anyway.

Was the highest climbing skill required not near the Temple of Elrik?
    • Remove daily rewards and the raid finder;
    • remove membership bonuses;
    • disable PVE XP for daily challenges;
    • remove WBs forever on Crom;
    • slow down the AA gain;
    • lower the PVP XP gain or remove the streak system;
    • remove AoE looting;
    • add the missing mobs back to Khesh., F. of the Dead, and Eigl. Mount.;
    • fix the 250+ms ping;
    • take the key away from Saddur;
    • revert T3, T3.5 (10.21.15), T4 (10.21.15), and GGG changes;
    • remove energy and add skills (like taunt) back.

Hit up your local game stores and see if they have any copies of the ROTGS expansion left, it comes with a few goodies, the expansion itself, and 30 days premium. I keep finding them at EB games for $10.