Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: Funcom, pls help the newbies!

Quote Originally Posted by Bibik View Post
    And we're talking about newbies, not level 4 players. Unless you're implying all newbies should be credit cards warriors ?
    There are 70lvls here to practice in pvp while lvling and its more than enough to learn the basics and even get 3-4 pvp lvl. The problem is FC dont want to merge servers to fill empty locations with players. And even on 80 lvl there is Edit by Anzu: Doggish Bori dig content for players who want to have pvp experience without doing pvp. Bori is free for all same as low lvl minigames are free too just ppl dont want to do pvp on crom before 80lvl. On Fury it will be better with minigames but not enough ppl to start.
    Last edited by Anzu; 1st April 2015 at 17:17.

For me being a lowby means to be under pvp 4, so talking about T1 is no sense.

In fury or rage it is very easy to get those ranks before lvl 80 thanks to the dealy pvp quests + the events every mouth (I ranked up my lil barb lvl 45 from pvp0 to pvp 2.5 in one afternoon in fury)... But this is not the case in Crom, ranking up to pvp 4 takes a while (about 100 minis more or less), and during all this time you are kind of useless to your team, and actually take much less pleasure to pvp.

And no way to do bori!!!
    Niaha - Assassin pvp 10
    Itana - Ranger pvp 6
    Itanhox - Hox pvp 8
    Norvege - BS pvp 6

I just mean it is possible even for noobie. Just noobie should WANT to do pvp and he will be successfull. Of course if you grind up your character through khesh train or xiba last boss - you cant have any pvp exp on 80lvl and you will not have even basic knowledge of your class. It is absolutely normal that this kind of a player will be farmed in pvp long time. You have everything to get competitive gear on 80lvl so no need to debuff high lvled characters, it will trigger even more players leave AoC.
    Last edited by Jerohn; 1st April 2015 at 16:44.

I don't know from which server you play, but as far as i know, low-levels minis are almost non-existants on Crom. And in any case they spawn, they are crowded by 39/59 twinks with dungeon gear farmed by 80's.

Not exactly the best way to start (gear gap is kinda the same anyway), and i remember xp progression is also reallyyyy low since they are rarer than 80 minis.

Bori was always out of the question since it's its common knowledge any xp grind here by lowbie will aggro bored pvp 10 rangers and sins (cause ganking is so hard you need to bring the bests rogues class for it) like magnets on a refrigerator door.

Nah, the best answer was brought by funcom a long time ago : unchained minis. But i don't know why they still can't deliver. Looks like too much hardcoding work to do and hardcoders are rare ressource exclusive to TSW.
    Your Storm Field critically healed Officer of the Wolves for 7038.

Quote Originally Posted by Jerohn View Post
    This is screen about difference between t1/t2/t3 pvp gear for DT. Here is only 1 significant change between t2 and t3 - its critigation amount.

http://discoverers.su/forum/download....png&mode=view
    Website blocked

Depends on the class though. Take e.g. ToS, where the difference between T2 and T3 is substantial
    * +93 magic damage comparing comparables (i.e. not counting that PvP T3 has +magic damage necklaces and cloaks, which everyone goes for)
    * +63 crit chance
    * +69 crit damage

Compared to T1, T3 has
    * +214 magic damage (i.e. more than 20% higher)
    * +120 crit chance (more than 30% higher)
    * +121 crit damage (more than 30% higher)

Is that more relevant than skill? Probably not. But is it a substantial advantage? You bet.
    Rathothis|Tempest of Set || Tigrathes|Dark Templar || Isitnofret|Herald of Xotli
    BS|Sin|Demo|Barb|Conq
    Sudatorius|Noob barb on Rage

Since pvp gear revamp it is not a good idea to do unchained minis because 4pvp is really VERY EASY to get and you have good gear there as i said. Only way i see to help newbies is to let ppl sign together. So experienced players can team up with their friends and guildies and fcking learn them! This fcking pu-lemming-fest should be stopped long time ago, this is so lame really.

Quote Originally Posted by Rathothis View Post
    Website blocked

Depends on the class though. Take e.g. ToS, where the difference between T2 and T3 is substantial
    * +93 magic damage comparing comparables (i.e. not counting that PvP T3 has +magic damage necklaces and cloaks, which everyone goes for)
    * +63 crit chance
    * +69 crit damage

Compared to T1, T3 has
    * +214 magic damage (i.e. more than 20% higher)
    * +120 crit chance (more than 30% higher)
    * +121 crit damage (more than 30% higher)

Is that more relevant than skill? Probably not. But is it a substantial advantage? You bet.
    http://funkyimg.com/i/VwYQ.png
    http://funkyimg.com/i/VwZw.png

The difference between t1 and t3 set on tos is much lesser than you said.

Because we're discussing about exactly the same thing on a diffrent topic i'll just go on quote myself because i'm awesome !

Quote Originally Posted by Vali
    Joining mini-games to learn PvP is, in my opinion, exactly like joining difficult 6man instances with no proper explanations nor voice come to learn. It's begging for frustration. Gear, sure it does matter, but if you know the game mechanics good enough and are comfortable with fast movement it can be overcome to some extent.
    When you want to PvE you have to invest time in learning the tactics and gearing up your toon. When you want to PvP you need to invest time in learning the mechanics and improving your dexterity/keybinds. Personnaly i've always found that part fun because i did it with friends. If you do it alone it's gonna be painful and you're going to get frustrated and frustrate other people.
    Source:
    - Full post
    - Topic link
    Vali~The Mental Mushroom
    Vehl~The Pink Flamingo
    Vahlie~Redhead's bane
    Tisane~Kettle of Xotli
    Nvah~ . . .

Quote Originally Posted by Jerohn View Post
    http://funkyimg.com/i/VwYQ.png
    http://funkyimg.com/i/VwZw.png

The difference between t1 and t3 set on tos is much lesser than you said.
    Do the math again, with weapons and accessories.

I agree with you on allowing people to sign up together. But denying that there is a substantial power creep in PvP gear is silly.
    Rathothis|Tempest of Set || Tigrathes|Dark Templar || Isitnofret|Herald of Xotli
    BS|Sin|Demo|Barb|Conq
    Sudatorius|Noob barb on Rage

Simple solution would be to grant new player T0 pvp gear. let it be blue and have lower stats than t1 but still good enough to get them going.
    At the moment i have fresh char in blue tiger gear and imo gear is not that big of a problem. AA is where the biggest difference is and 80 expertise to fresh lvl 80 is way to low. 200 would be nice start. Also prowess gain from mini games should be increased and not only tied on having quest for that mini. Win should bring some prowess regardless of quest.

Also biggest difference (at least for melee) between t1, t2 and t3 gear are weapons. I dont see t2 armor even needed for many chars. i just skipped them or buy some part because t1 is damn ugly.

Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast