Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Message to old players (and new ones maybe)

Default Message to old players (and new ones maybe)

Hello all, I'm old player from 2008 and I'm not really that happy how we promote this game ingame. I don't know how to say this without angering this anyone, so i won't even try. So, what's the matter people???
    Game is on life support from ages ago and yet you Edit by Anzu: Dogs act like Edit by Anzu: Dogs in every single "pug" i've joined. New players are "n00bs" cos they don't do what they are expected to do? without any explonation? effing game is dying and old veterans, pr0s or whatever you want to call yourselves are acting like Edit by Anzu: Dogs on anyone who's not up to your standards? Edit by Anzu: That won't work either., try to behave!!. thx all for reading Edit by Anzu: Moderation is not to be discussed on the forums.. think what i write, ok??
    Last edited by Anzu; 21st March 2015 at 18:33.

Edit by Anzu: You were warned. do what you wish people :P, no one cares.. last one in the house turn out the lights, ok?
    Last edited by Anzu; 21st March 2015 at 16:04.

Removed a few posts that were going nowhere. Do discuss whatever the issue is, but keep it clean or the thread will be closed.
    Hamsters and rangers and everyone, REJOICE!

Note: The views expressed in this post are solely those of the author and do not necessarily reflect the views of Funcom or its management.

Quote Originally Posted by Maly View Post
    Hello all, I'm old player from 2008 and I'm not really that happy how we promote this game ingame. I don't know how to say this without angering this anyone, so i won't even try. So, what's the matter people???
    Game is on life support from ages ago and yet you Edit by Anzu: Dogs act like Edit by Anzu: Dogs in every single "pug" i've joined. New players are "n00bs" cos they don't do what they are expected to do? without any explonation? effing game is dying and old veterans, pr0s or whatever you want to call yourselves are acting like Edit by Anzu: Dogs on anyone who's not up to your standards? Edit by Anzu: That won't work either., try to behave!!. thx all for reading Edit by Anzu: Moderation is not to be discussed on the forums.. think what i write, ok??
    Okay that was difficult to follow. I think vets become frustrated when people have tactics that don't make much sense. So they lose or they die a lot. It isn't because they have a bad attitude I don't think, it can just be a game that is frustrating. I feel that friendly premade groups should be organized to assist players. We can control everything if you think about it. Say, make a premade pvp lvl 1-5. This would allow newer players to learn.

We have also seen people come into mini's with new alts and do fine, because they follow the team and do good tactics for the mini.

I have a facebook conversation with a friend that explains exactly why the game is dying, and why funcom's stock is once again below $2.
    Basically, elitists would rather see the game die than have things just be made easy and fun, the way a game should be.
    You want to internally promote the game? What's there to promote? What does this game have that nothing else does, and why is it more fun than anything else?

Quote Originally Posted by Maly View Post
    in every single "pug" i've joined. New players are "n00bs" cos they don't do what they are expected to do? without any explonation? effing game is dying and old veterans, pr0s or whatever you want to call yourselves are acting like ...
    The reason is simple: many players haven't learned how to teamplay. My experiences in pugs are: 2-3 ppl of one guild do their own thing, running on enemy pad to ressfarm clothies or whatever INSTEAD of being with flagger. So we have a split group, if you follow minimap its hard to decide where is the core, where is the most help needed. But in any doubt players have to stay with flag-carrier. I myself start raging about this selfish playstyle because it almost always leads to the game loss. Roaming around without following any objective kills the matches.

Actually it's more that in pugs you have 6 players in your team and 6 diffrent opinions on what should be done and how things should be done. Almost everyone plays expecting to be assisted and few really focus on assisting. It's really noticeable when you start playing a new character with low AA and gear. You're useless, you can't play like you would on your main, so the only option is to focus on helping the good players with similar objectives, best way to win minis (people tend to be more eager to bother with flags when they are assisted... go figure). But the probleme when you're on your main... you always believe you're the star of the show needing the assistance, and everyone else in your team things alike.
    Vali~The Mental Mushroom
    Vehl~The Pink Flamingo
    Vahlie~Redhead's bane
    Tisane~Kettle of Xotli
    Nvah~ . . .

Some players want to win, because they need complete quest and get tokens. Some players already win and care only about their K/D. Some players don't like other players and focus them ignoring other objectives

Being a fairly new player, I have to think that the OP is part of the problem hes emo-raging about...but thats just me I guess. Its not that "new players" don't do whats expected of them, maybe they don't KNOW what to do...did you ever stop to think that your "new players are n00bs" attitude is the kind of garbage rage that chases new players away? Something I learned in other MMOs doing PUGS is that the only thing you really control in a PUG is...YOU.
    Last edited by CimmerianGirl; 24th March 2015 at 18:16.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast