Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: I'm looking for a offtank build

Quote Originally Posted by Shax84 View Post
    Two DT should do that fight easy-mode. If there are problems with placing the bosses, advise ToS to feat Fangs of Set and use that so they don't take those crushing hits at the start of each boss fight.

Your proposed build isn't particular good as it lacks feating in Guard of Dancing Steel. I would advise this build or similar: http://joharaoc.eu/feat?link=v16_116...d9310d0fc0d610
    Ooooo...that is a very nice build there, I am definitely going to look to that for ideas in my 2H brute build.

Quote Originally Posted by Boesch View Post
    Throat slash/Improved Throat Slash have a lower return of DPS/point than other selections. It becomes worse when you are trying to get aggro because you don't even have the benefit of the retaliatory damage and instead are relying on the internal proc rate instead. Essentially it is about on par when you are solely holding aggro and a poor choice when you want aggro.
    Guard of Dancing Steel, mate. Guard of Dancing Steel.

Quote Originally Posted by Shax84 View Post
    Guard of Dancing Steel, mate. Guard of Dancing Steel.
    please could you elaborate?
    -> DT:Stiraqvcrn; Necro:Munyidora; ToS:Stiraqvaa; Guard:Stirameco; BS: Stiraqcanya, ...

If you see one Stira wipeing a group or a raid Its me

Please refer to my edit where I have posted the maths.

Please refer to my edit where I have posted the maths.
    You seem to have theorycrafted more than most, yet the conq sticky advises for improved throat slash. Care to share your build?

Quote Originally Posted by Greyloins View Post
    You seem to have theorycrafted more than most, yet the conq sticky advises for improved throat slash. Care to share your build?
    http://joharaoc.eu/feat?link=v16_116...d9310d0fc0d610

Some might have differences in opinion on Improved Defensive Stance, I am quite fond of it. With everything falling into place the spec still has gone over 1400 DPS in defensive stance.

http://joharaoc.eu/feat?link=v16_116...d9310d0fc0d610

Some might have differences in opinion on Improved Defensive Stance, I am quite fond of it. With everything falling into place the spec still has gone over 1400 DPS in defensive stance.
    Nice, appreciated, although I struggle to see how Angel of Fury or a single point in Power Feint beats Scourge.

Quote Originally Posted by xiulo88 View Post
    please could you elaborate?
    Guard of Dancing Steel when feated with 5/5 Improved Dancing Steel also procs from offensive attacks. Feating Improved Throat Slash and Scourge increases critical chance and critical damage of the Guard of Dancing Steel procs.

To quote from Erock25's thread:

Quote Originally Posted by Erock25 View Post
    The whole key to the Conq revamp in my opinion is the change they made to 5/5 Improved Dancing Steel. With 5/5 your Guard of Dancing Steel procs have a chance of happening on any damage you do. This is why Scourge and Improved Throat Slash are feated and trust me, you would be surprised how often GoDS procs and how much overall damage it is on your parse (if using the proper combos). GoDS damage is usually #1 or #2 on my overall parse breakdown and this is a combo that is only used every 20 seconds. Another key to being a successful Brute tank that people seem to neglect is using Blood Bath combo for tanking. The synergy between GoDS proccing on your damage and Blood Bath hitting so many times is very very good. Being adapt at weapon swapping is absolutely worth it.
    http://forums.ageofconan.com/showthr...ow-to-PVE-CONQ

Quote Originally Posted by Greyloins View Post
    Nice, appreciated, although I struggle to see how Angel of Fury or a single point in Power Feint beats Scourge.
    Angel of Fury gives 1-2 more stacks each rotation of Discipline so it adds about 1% mitigation which is quite good for a single point.

Power Feint shines when you almost entirely give up on HOFS and use FA as your bread and butter filler. I would recommend running a few parses with this method and then examining it to get an individual breakdown on combo damages, the damage is quite significant. Unfortunately I don't have a spreadsheet with those figures at my fingertips but it is not hard to make your own

Quote Originally Posted by Mellaus View Post
    I would advise a carnage specc in the line of this :

http://joharaoc.eu/feat?link=v16_116...c8000c7380ccb0

I use that kind of specc for time trials when i have to tank stuff and still stance dance and pull good dps. Brute is just way too much of a turtle specc and ovekill for that kind of situation.

And yes, rally will give you better result when it comes to just take aggro and hold it for like 10-15 seconds. That being said, i for one would still use BFC, just because of the overall dps increase.
    Thanks.This build seems to give me what I was looking for. I haven't yet used against zodiac bosses but yesterday it work pretty fine at Saddur boss. I was able to get into the tanking rotation and I could resists some hits. (I used Yun + Yag-kosha blunts).

I have 3 doubts about this build:

1: Is 1 point in defience actually doing something? I didn't notice the heal at all.
    2:Anihilate has a big CD and I'm not sure if it gives more dps than improving a 2% the bloody hack. Maybe your idea is using anihilate+hateful strikes just before whirlwind finisher to maximize the chances to pull the boss?
    3:And finally the bloodlust point. Is really useful using breach in a raid rotation?I thouhgt the optimal dps rotation in a radi with a conq was spaming BB,WW,BH and repeat.
    -> DT:Stiraqvcrn; Necro:Munyidora; ToS:Stiraqvaa; Guard:Stirameco; BS: Stiraqcanya, ...

If you see one Stira wipeing a group or a raid Its me

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast