Page 6 of 7 FirstFirst ... 234567 LastLast

Thread: Combojumping - Exploit or not?

Real lame excuse.... I play a barb in pvp too and i dont need it at all. The class barbarisn dont need combo jump to be successful. You need it to be succesful. Thats the difference and a problem with your skill obviously. Barb combos arent any longer then combos of other classes. Learn situation awereness and use combos when the time for them is there or just chanel them if you think, they take to long in the situation you are in. But dont tell ppl, that this class needs to rely on a exploit. It is just not true.

Quote Originally Posted by Surgery View Post
    It's quite clearly an exploit.

Not just that it looks absolutely rubbish for immersion into the game, you can use this BUG from the apparent fix of combo-skipping (which is fixed and you cannot get full damage from this skipping anymore which is a good thing so please don't moderate me as that's an ancient thing )
    Wrong. It was around at the same time as combo-skipping. But no one really utilized it except for a few classes.

Quote Originally Posted by Zatochi View Post
    Real lame excuse.... I play a barb in pvp too and i dont need it at all. The class barbarisn dont need combo jump to be successful. You need it to be succesful. Thats the difference and a problem with your skill obviously. Barb combos arent any longer then combos of other classes. Learn situation awereness and use combos when the time for them is there or just chanel them if you think, they take to long in the situation you are in. But dont tell ppl, that this class needs to rely on a exploit. It is just not true.
    Its not and excuse, when I can i use combo jumping on any class and will use it till its possible. If you dont that is your right.
    I just said that barb rely most on it. Specially if you use upheaval or ww. Standing still with those two combos is not very healthy. And no i dont need it to be successful but it helps. And since your posts are not constructive in any way but just personal attacks dont see point in talking to you any more. Btw maybe difference and problem with your skill obviously is that you cant do it.

I remember a fix around the time when they fixed "not being hit while jumping". So maybe, it was reintroduced by the comboskipping "fix"?
    Sadly all relevant updates notes between 2009 and 2013 are lost to the public it seems, but i only found this about combojumping and exploiting it:

http://forums.ageofconan.com/showthr...hlight=jumping
    http://forums.ageofconan.com/showthr...hlight=jumping

So it is obvious the intention never was to be able to use jumping to:
    - boost dps, evasion or being able to do animations while in the air
    - use it to speed up gameplay or movement

Problem aoc engine has is linked to animation skipping in general. There is a critical area of code they should look at, when it comes to changing animations and forcibly abandoning one.

All the Update Notes are here. Why are you saying that some of them aren't available anymore?
    Short cuts make long delays.

Quote Originally Posted by Anzu View Post
    All the Update Notes are here. Why are you saying that some of them aren't available anymore?
    You are right, there are notes between 2009 and 2013...might be some filter i forgot to disable (used both "update" and "jumping"). I am still puzzled a bit, because i definitely remember reading a note about jumping in the years (i think around 2011), which did not show up in the search. It might have been on a now deleted discussion topic (old forums) about a ninja fix though.

Quote Originally Posted by viroku View Post
    Its not and excuse, when I can i use combo jumping on any class and will use it till its possible. If you dont that is your right.
    I just said that barb rely most on it. Specially if you use upheaval or ww. Standing still with those two combos is not very healthy. And no i dont need it to be successful but it helps. And since your posts are not constructive in any way but just personal attacks dont see point in talking to you any more. Btw maybe difference and problem with your skill obviously is that you cant do it.
    who said i cant do it? XD i dont wanna use it because it looks dumb, is an exploit and obviously it is not intended by funcom. my parents told me once, that you dont cheat just because its easy to do and there are no consequences. its still wrong to do. but seems a lot a ppl just see their personal advantage these days and give a **** about ethics... nothing new actually you see it all day long. but still sad, especially in a game where you gain nothing from it.

Quote Originally Posted by Zatochi View Post
    who said i cant do it? XD i dont wanna use it because it looks dumb, is an exploit and obviously it is not intended by funcom. my parents told me once, that you dont cheat just because its easy to do and there are no consequences. its still wrong to do. but seems a lot a ppl just see their personal advantage these days and give a **** about ethics... nothing new actually you see it all day long. but still sad, especially in a game where you gain nothing from it.
    Sorry ; you can't associate playing video games with RL my friend. There is no real gain (as you've said) and there's no loss to anyone either. It's still a video game. Let's pump the brakes folks. We're not tail gating thru easy-pass here.

Quote Originally Posted by Reinauer View Post
    Sorry ; you can't associate playing video games with RL my friend. There is no real gain (as you've said) and there's no loss to anyone either. It's still a video game. Let's pump the brakes folks. We're not tail gating thru easy-pass here.

A game is a game. Videogame or board or card or whatever. You dont cheat in other kinds of games to you are playing in rl and you gain nothing there too. The only difference there is, that you directly see the ppl you are playing with. Furthermore video games is rl too for the ppl playing it. Your argument is just valid to ethics directly affecting gameplay, like killing other chars.

Talking about ethics in a videogame is just pathetic.
    In every game on every corner you'll find some people who are cheating or exploiting; in Age of Conan it is a part of the business, wrecked up code make things like combo jump, combo skip, teleport etcetera possible. These things are broken game mechanics, they are here, peeps are going to use it... whats the problem? Obviously Funcom is not able to fix it so better sweep it under the mat and call it "feature".
    Last edited by Quistan; 23rd March 2015 at 12:42.
    "Vɪᴄᴛᴏʀʏ ɪs ʀᴇsᴇʀᴠᴇᴅ ғᴏʀ ᴛʜᴏsᴇ ᴡʜᴏ ᴀʀᴇ ᴡɪʟʟɪɴɢ ᴛᴏ ᴘᴀʏ ɪᴛ's ᴘʀɪᴄᴇ." - Sᴜɴ Tᴢᴜ

Rᴀɴɢᴇʀ ʙʏ ʙɪʀᴛʜ: Mᴇᴍsʜᴜʀ ʜᴀs ᴘʟᴀʏᴇᴅ ғᴏʀ 325 ᴅᴀʏs 14 ʜᴏᴜʀs 38 ᴍɪɴᴜᴛᴇs 30 sᴇᴄᴏɴᴅs.

Page 6 of 7 FirstFirst ... 234567 LastLast