Page 4 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast

Thread: Combojumping - Exploit or not?

Quote Originally Posted by Norther View Post
    Most of people basing their frustration on wrong facts. Combojump doesn't make you port/lag any more than simple jumping or sprinting. So it's quite silly reading those, when it's all about predictive algorithm which is utilized in movement. Porting doesn't have anything to do with combojump.
    On the contrary; the combo jumping can be used in conjunction with this.

Someone else mentioned how you still end up staying in one place over the duration of the rest of the combo...
    However, most people are using really fast animations take bear shaman the combo is finished as you hit the ground for theirs same with barb mostly tbh (I play a barb and still think it's ridiculous)

The barb in particular though in a single sprint jump lands a long way away when he has arcane marauder or haste up... further if both xD
    Combo jumping also increases the distance your combos go green at *YES I HAVE TESTED*

If you are chasing someone you will go red if you don't combo jump the combo, if you do combo jump it somehow reaches them.
    It shouldn't, but it does. That's a straight up advantage. I should know, I use it on speed hackers and comber users that sprinting during combos xD
    Funcom's Latency Detonation crits you for 4800 millisecond damage. Claret died.

Quote Originally Posted by Anzu View Post
    I'll say it one last time: use the Edit button. If you want to quote multiple posts, you can use a text editor. Do NOT post several times in a row. The thread will be easier to read that way.
    Well, as I'm at work, I'm using my phone and my phat phingers make it hard enough to post without creative editing...

But, I will try to do better.

Quote Originally Posted by Surgery View Post
    On the contrary; the combo jumping can be used in conjunction with this.

Someone else mentioned how you still end up staying in one place over the duration of the rest of the combo...
    However, most people are using really fast animations take bear shaman the combo is finished as you hit the ground for theirs same with barb mostly tbh (I play a barb and still think it's ridiculous)

The barb in particular though in a single sprint jump lands a long way away when he has arcane marauder or haste up... further if both xD
    Combo jumping also increases the distance your combos go green at *YES I HAVE TESTED*

If you are chasing someone you will go red if you don't combo jump the combo, if you do combo jump it somehow reaches them.
    It shouldn't, but it does. That's a straight up advantage. I should know, I use it on speed hackers and comber users that sprinting during combos xD
    What? I'm telling you porting is not side effect of combojump (as you stated before) and now you bring me unrelated things.

What? I'm telling you porting is not side effect of combojump (as you stated before) and now you bring me unrelated things.
    Only the first line was directed at you. If you stop being so stubborn and actually read, you would see that combo jumping can be used IN CONJUNCTION with the bunny hopping porting.

I never said it was from combo jumping but being able to do the bunny hop teleporting at the same time as landing combos TOGETHER they cause a bigger advantage.

i.e. if you didn't combo jump you would be still while doing damage, thus combo jumping causes a direct advantage especially doing it while changing directions.

Doing BOTH "exploits" together is the advantage most people are doing it for. You reappear at the end of your combo animation, this is enough time for somebody to already have miss hit where you previously were. Tracking a players character becomes infinitely more difficult. Imagine if casters could do it... They'd be immortal, I play exclusively melee, and think it's ridiculous.
    Last edited by Surgery; 18th March 2015 at 18:54.
    Funcom's Latency Detonation crits you for 4800 millisecond damage. Claret died.

I don't care about combojump, i just had to make people clear what makes those ports. And tbh i find whole combojumping harmless, it's not that rewarding as it's made in this thread, because it brings higher chance to miss target only for 1-2m move in straight line (not taking into account few aoe combos).

I don't care about combojump, i just had to make people clear what makes those ports. And tbh i find whole combojumping harmless, it's not that rewarding as it's made in this thread, because it brings higher chance to miss target only for 1-2m move in straight line (not taking into account few aoe combos).
    It isn't that big of a deal if you are playing a tab targeting ranged class or maybe something with a large hitbox. DT's are feeling this though, so is a sin. Especially true on the barb or even conq doing the combo jump. My combo will miss because he has ported away and able to land combo while doing the animation farther away. How is this not an advantage to those that don't do it?

Quote Originally Posted by konungr View Post
    It isn't that big of a deal if you are playing a tab targeting ranged class or maybe something with a large hitbox. DT's are feeling this though, so is a sin. Especially true on the barb or even conq doing the combo jump. My combo will miss because he has ported away and able to land combo while doing the animation farther away. How is this not an advantage to those that don't do it?
    combojump gives several advantages, that much is clear now as enough ppl confirmed about it.
    I go a step further: combojump is responsible for spike lags in the game as all clients in minigame are getting out of sync. THIS is for me the real annoying thing and disadvantage when you see all players porting around the screen for a second.

Default Enjoy

Edit by Anzu: Still no.
    Last edited by Anzu; 19th March 2015 at 09:05.

When someone who is playing melee and playing it good like surgery is giving his opinion its one thing but most people whining about this are ranged class.
    Ye sure it was not intended mechanic and it gives advantage if executed right.
    Was ranger shooting arrow out of hiss a#$%ole intended mechanic? Is that exploit than? Demos bunnyhoping non stop and firing instant cast on the move is more annoying to me than this.
    Remove instants form game and we can start talking about some other mechanic being fixed.

And hopsing its not combo jumping that is responsible for lag spikes, its jumping specially if class has speed buff and suddenly changes direction.

Quote Originally Posted by viroku View Post
    Demos bunnyhoping non stop and firing instant cast on the move is more annoying to me than this.
    Remove instants form game and we can start talking about some other mechanic being fixed.
    If FC would remove instacasts, Demo will be a dead class as instacasts are the only way to land a few hits while getting in range to melee.
    Remove instacasts ? The logical consequence would be: remove white hits. See the nonsense? If you wanna get rid of the threat of demo in minigame --> chase him all time all over the map (instacasts burn much mana).

Page 4 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast