Page 5 of 12 FirstFirst 123456789 ... LastLast

Thread: What would you like to see in the AOC item shop?

Quote Originally Posted by Hopsing View Post
    The End of this song: more rotten minigames than they are now with more clueless players but now dying in pvp10 gear.

You guys must learn that gear doesn't give you skill.
    More players doing PvP and more minigames are a good thing. Mini quality is appalling anyway, but this is mainly due to lack of teamplay (solution: let people sign with friends).

"Gear does not give you skill" is never an argument in favour of maintaining vertical power progression, as
    * if vets are indeed better players, there is no point in increasing the gap even further via gear, and
    * the current system does not reward skill anyway, but only time invested.
    Rathothis|Tempest of Set || Tigrathes|Dark Templar || Isitnofret|Herald of Xotli
    BS|Sin|Demo|Barb|Conq
    Sudatorius|Noob barb on Rage

Quote Originally Posted by Hopsing View Post
    The End of this song: more rotten minigames than they are now with more clueless players but now dying in pvp10 gear.

You guys must learn that gear doesn't give you skill.

OK, then let me see you do mini's for a month in just T-1-2 armor and weapons and see how great you do, give up your PVP 10 armor/weapons.

It really amuses me reading posts by people complaining about PVP 10 gear and how its all "grind to win" and such. I wonder sometimes if Funcom removed rewards based on progression how many of the same people would then complain that they have invested X amount of hours doing this or that but have nothing tangible to show for it
    Last edited by Darm; 17th March 2015 at 15:42.

Quote Originally Posted by Darm View Post
    It really amuses me reading posts by people complaining about PVP 10 gear and how its all "grind to win" and such. I wonder sometimes if Funcom removed rewards based on progression how many of the same people would then complain that they have invested X amount of hours doing this or that but have nothing tangible to show for it
    Bad point.

Look at RL: I work in a heavily regulated field, and had to train 5 years after graduation to qualify for my RL job. If I took your view, I'd have to support such a long training period, since "new people shouldn't have it any easier than I did". But in fact, such a long training period is a stupid idea, as it keeps out many intelligent and able people who might otherwise think of working in my field. Which leads me to the real reason why some people in my job actually favour maintaining a 5 years training period: because it keeps out (potential) competition.

Also, bear in mind that character progression doesn't necessarily imply power progression. This is why achievement systems are a thing of beauty.
    Rathothis|Tempest of Set || Tigrathes|Dark Templar || Isitnofret|Herald of Xotli
    BS|Sin|Demo|Barb|Conq

Quote Originally Posted by Rathothis View Post
    Bad point.

Look at RL: I work in a heavily regulated field, and had to train 5 years after graduation to qualify for my RL job. If I took your view, I'd have to support such a long training period, since "new people shouldn't have it any easier than I did". But in fact, such a long training period is a stupid idea, as it keeps out many intelligent and able people who might otherwise think of working in my field. Which leads me to the real reason why some people in my job actually favour maintaining a 5 years training period: because it keeps out (potential) competition.

Also, bear in mind that character progression doesn't necessarily imply power progression. This is why achievement systems are a thing of beauty.
    Damn it Rath! Why must you always sweep in with the amazing correct answer?

Ps. You make a lot of sense
    Barb: Thomaran
    Hox1: Mweru
    Dt: Haikuju
    Hox2: Shugorann
    Tos: Nephertites
    Sin: Leogetz
    Necro: Viggomortis
    and others...

"The sky is green. It is because I say it is. And because I said it on the internet."

Quote Originally Posted by Rathothis View Post
    Bad point.

Hey I dont doubt that may be the case in the industry you work in, but what I do doubt is peoples sincerity when objecting to what you describe best as "power progression". Seems to me its an easy target for people who would much rather move the goal posts when they suck at something than spend time getting better at it.

Quote Originally Posted by Darm View Post
    Hey I dont doubt that may be the case in the industry you work in, but what I do doubt is peoples sincerity when objecting to what you describe best as "power progression". Seems to me its an easy target for people who would much rather move the goal posts when they suck at something than spend time getting better at it.
    Again, I don't think that's a valid point.
    * I'll be the first to admit that, if you give my ToS pvp10 gear, I won't suddenly play like Ensifer or other pro ToSes.
    * Nevertheless, I'll certainly be of more use to the group than I am now.

It's not about moving the goalpost. It's about the fact that having an inclusive (rather than exclusive) pvp system works to everyone's benefit. (And as this is getting a bit off-topic: Sure selling PvP T3 items in the item shop is not the best idea to make the current system more inclusive. But it's by no means worse than what we have now.)
    BS|Sin|Demo|Barb|Conq

-more specs, a barb can easily have 10ish valuable specs for pvp alone

-gold in shop, its easy money for FC, so why not

- as for free pvp 10s, anything that balances the playing field is a +1 for me. even with this 5% power gap its still the grind that pushes me away from this game. im fine with gear or AA power gap in open world pvp, but not in arenas and minigames. Id much prefer everyone having the same gear and AAs in minis, it would also prevent this buy-to-win(or thats how it would look like to new players), which in turn cripples the player base.

The best item in the Item Shop!

Complete censorship removal for ladies!
    • Remove daily rewards and the raid finder;
    • remove membership bonuses;
    • disable PVE XP for daily challenges;
    • remove WBs forever on Crom;
    • slow down the AA gain;
    • lower the PVP XP gain or remove the streak system;
    • remove AoE looting;
    • add the missing mobs back to Khesh., F. of the Dead, and Eigl. Mount.;
    • fix the 250+ms ping;
    • take the key away from Saddur;
    • revert T3, T3.5 (10.21.15), T4 (10.21.15), and GGG changes;
    • remove energy and add skills (like taunt) back.

Quote Originally Posted by ssnowsurfer View Post
    OK, then let me see you do mini's for a month in just T-1-2 armor and weapons and see how great you do, give up your PVP 10 armor/weapons.
    I did this and doing it to gain warlord achievment. Still have a positive w/l ratio and even top in kills sometimes, winning against pvp 10 and so on. Of course i die more often then with pvp 10 gear. But who cares about death when i win the mini? So stop cry and leanr to pvp, dont give up and stop blame gear when you lose.

Page 5 of 12 FirstFirst 123456789 ... LastLast