Page 7 of 12 FirstFirst ... 34567891011 ... LastLast

Thread: What would you like to see in the AOC item shop?

Definately more variation with the Vanity Gear... heck even something along the lines of the "First Caches" for individual sale might be profitable for FC.

I'm surprised no one has said anything yet, but recipes for Pots greater than level 60. I'd even be interested in it even if it was part of an unbound drop from a lottery box.

Quote Originally Posted by AngryBarb View Post
    Edit by Anzu: No.

Maybe you have been living under an Aoc rock for a few years. plenty of people have been carried through T4 and other stuff (mostly T4, cloud farm "yay") and now they look pretty silly, sporting uber gear but no idea how to use it. Do they hurt the game? Not really, they just add to the lol factor.
    The thread asked what we'd like to see. I'd appreciate it if you didn't resort to insult.

You yourself say it doesn't matter ~ so why bother responding? I'm a vet-player who's got a career and doesn't feel like grinding on every toon I make. I have money. I want to give it to FUNCOM. done.

Last edited by Anzu; 18th March 2015 at 13:38.

Quote Originally Posted by Reinauer View Post
    Higher Tier PvE Gear; I'm a busy person. The less time grinding, the better.

Thank you
    Edit by Anzu: No.
    Well why not if we are talking about higher tier PVP gear being in the item shop why not PVE? Heck why don't we just put anything that's worthwhile in the item store because we don't want to be seen as being exclusive do we? Look i know I exaggerate but the argument that more options is better sounds nice and pretty on face value until you realise it only benefits those who have deep pockets at the espense of those that do not.
    Last edited by Anzu; 18th March 2015 at 13:38.

The thread asked what we'd like to see. I'd appreciate it if you didn't resort to insult.

You yourself say it doesn't matter ~ so why bother responding? I'm a vet-player who's got a career and doesn't feel like grinding on every toon I make. I have money. I want to give it to FUNCOM. done.

I see. You just wanna pick a fight. whatever. Keep it up MR. Keyboard Commando.

Quote Originally Posted by Darm View Post
    Well why not if we are talking about higher tier PVP gear being in the item shop why not PVE? Heck why don't we just put anything that's worthwhile in the item store because we don't want to be seen as being exclusive do we? Look i know I exaggerate but the argument that more options is better sounds nice and pretty on face value until you realise it only benefits those who have deep pockets at the espense of those that do not.
    Honestly? It doesn't really matter what funcom do now. Problem is, I don't think they are going to do much. Pvp minis are so offputting because of afk/hide/leavers at the slightest hint of trouble. I never pvp'ed much in Aoc but sometimes I give it a try and holy sheet! It's horribad! And no, not because i die due to being aoc pvp nab. It's a pc game, nothing earth shattering.

But I know this. I will NEVER grind to lvl10 pvp just to get a set that i like the look of, so let me buy it! or let me buy a statless version.
    Last edited by Anzu; 18th March 2015 at 15:30.
    Barb: Thomaran
    Hox1: Mweru
    Dt: Haikuju
    Hox2: Shugorann
    Tos: Nephertites
    Sin: Leogetz
    Necro: Viggomortis
    and others...

"The sky is green. It is because I say it is. And because I said it on the internet."

I see. You just wanna pick a fight. whatever. Keep it up MR. Keyboard Commando.
    Again, with the insults; very mature.

I respect your idea of gear without stats for vanity. Knock yourself out.

As for high level PvE gear In the game store; it's a pretty common money maker for MOMs as of late. Why should funcom suffer and not get a piece of the action? Especially when it comes to veteran players who know the class but don't want to grind out another/multiple toon. Especially if it's a multiple of the same class they're familiar with.

I agree here:
    Honestly? It doesn't really matter what funcom do now. Problem is, I don't think they are going to do much.
    ...it doesn't matter. So let's see it happen.

Last edited by Reinauer; 18th March 2015 at 13:13.

As for high level PvE gear In the game store; it's a pretty common money maker for MOMs as of late. Why should funcom suffer and not get a piece of the action? Especially when it comes to veteran players who know the class but don't want to grind out another/multiple toon. Especially if it's a multiple of the same class they're familiar with.

I agree here:

I don't know why you got the idea that I was saying NO to PVE gear being buyable in the first place.
    But ofc Pve is very different from PVP since Group Pve is coop content and players need a certain lvl of gear to do the content. PVP is different since you can do it solo without being unable to participate. Hell! you can even dig rocks for pvp gear lol (Which ofc is another horrible grind).

As for maturity, your comment in the middle of this thread saying "i want to buy pve gear" seemed like a troll since you put it in the middle of a debate about pvp stuff to buy. In fact you came off very much like you wanted to start a pvp vs pve flame war...

Personally I don't really mind if they put a lot of stuff up for sale, but there is a big difference to the nature of pvp and pve. So if you bought a full Khitai pve set then yes you have the gear for T4, but if you don't know your class and the bosses, then A Raid leader would quickly sniff you out as being not rdy for T4, and that's not good since you alone can wipe the whole raid, then again a RL might be nice and teach you.

In pvp there is no need for knowing your class well enough to join a Blood ravine mini game, or go open world pvp. Sure, a veteran pvp'er can carry to increase the chance of his team wining, but it's not like your Team HAS to stand on certain spots and move around correctly to other spots for buffs/debuffs in order to win a mini, AND 1 nab can't "wipe" his team in a mini.

So there you go. A longwinded explanation in a non offensive tone.
    Barb: Thomaran
    Hox1: Mweru
    Dt: Haikuju
    Hox2: Shugorann
    Tos: Nephertites
    Sin: Leogetz
    Necro: Viggomortis
    and others...

"The sky is green. It is because I say it is. And because I said it on the internet."

I agree here:

Bumping up what's available in the store is fine. I'd have no problem with something like a legendary accessory or something like that in store.

But high end gear as a whole? Not only would it chase off pvers doing T4 and T5, it would also make world bosses irrelevant, and make all content but T5 frivolous except for the worst players. It would also anger the bulk of people who've spent hour after hour fighting their way to that last piece of T3 pvp gear.

Could not be a worse thing FC could do for the game. Would pretty much finish it off.

IMO, what would help the game to the extent it can be helped, is the crafting. That could be a nice boost if it ever hits the servers and is done right.

So would unchained dungeons with better loot options. And by better I don't mean higher powered, but more consistent in drops. That gear is already OP for many classes. The lack of unchained and DS 6 man pugs in global and the # of people doing warmonk/palace circuit shows us that the real issue with many people is they don't want to play the game. They want to get carried to free loot without really learning how to play. If they'd get out of the yag/warmonk/palace rut and do the unchained or Wyrm or timetrial, they'd get some great gear and have fun doing it. There's plenty of things to do for people who don't want to raid. Full unchained/DS geared toons can do pretty much anything in the game. Whining about getting left behind on gear because you don't want to raid is either ignorant or disingenuous. You can be uber geared just from those instances.

It would also be awesome if they took the game's better 6 man instances, like Xibaluku, and made it into an unchained. Xib is an awesome dungeon, but as it is, theres zero challenge for a well geared group.

Quote Originally Posted by Chillee View Post
    Bumping up what's available in the store is fine. I'd have no problem with something like a legendary accessory or something like that in store.

But high end gear as a whole? Not only would it chase off pvers doing T4 and T5, it would also make world bosses irrelevant, and make all content but T5 frivolous except for the worst players. It would also anger the bulk of people who've spent hour after hour fighting their way to that last piece of T3 pvp gear.

Could not be a worse thing FC could do for the game. Would pretty much finish it off.

IMO, what would help the game to the extent it can be helped, is the crafting. That could be a nice boost if it ever hits the servers and is done right.

So would unchained dungeons with better loot options. And by better I don't mean higher powered, but more consistent in drops. That gear is already OP for many classes. The lack of unchained and DS 6 man pugs in global and the # of people doing warmonk/palace circuit shows us that the real issue with many people is they don't want to play the game. They want to get carried to free loot without really learning how to play. If they'd get out of the yag/warmonk/palace rut and do the unchained or Wyrm or timetrial, they'd get some great gear and have fun doing it. There's plenty of things to do for people who don't want to raid. Full unchained/DS geared toons can do pretty much anything in the game. Whining about getting left behind on gear because you don't want to raid is either ignorant or disingenuous. You can be uber geared just from those instances.

It would also be awesome if they took the game's better 6 man instances, like Xibaluku, and made it into an unchained. Xib is an awesome dungeon, but as it is, theres zero challenge for a well geared group.
    / signed,signed,signed!

I think Item Shops are the place for vanity, pets, titles, and adventure or expansion packs.
    I could also offer removing offline levels and making offline level potions accessible to subscribers (for 50 FP each, maybe) and World Boss tickets (one-week access to the loot for one character) for 200 FP, but I know that it is my own personal utopia, and I should not really talk about it.
    • Remove daily rewards and the raid finder;
    • remove membership bonuses;
    • disable PVE XP for daily challenges;
    • remove WBs forever on Crom;
    • slow down the AA gain;
    • lower the PVP XP gain or remove the streak system;
    • remove AoE looting;
    • add the missing mobs back to Khesh., F. of the Dead, and Eigl. Mount.;
    • fix the 250+ms ping;
    • take the key away from Saddur;
    • revert T3, T3.5 (10.21.15), T4 (10.21.15), and GGG changes;
    • remove energy and add skills (like taunt) back.

Funcom

Quote Originally Posted by nico0815 View Post
    i would love to see a option to re-create my character
    I've wanted to do this forever. I looked into it a little while back and it's unfortunately very difficult, if possible at all.

My guardian is so ugly

Page 7 of 12 FirstFirst ... 34567891011 ... LastLast