Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Black text everywhere, cannot see anything!

Quote Originally Posted by mijorious View Post
    Yea! Someone suggested using this service to post the images. Seems it worked. See if you can see these pics.

http://i.imgur.com/TVt4c97.jpg?1

http://i.imgur.com/QzmIyJH.jpg?1

http://i.imgur.com/lOQH1ih.jpg?1

These are just a few going into the game. However, the black text persists throughout the game.
    now finaly show please video option
    Rage Lietuvaite pvp6 ranger
    Fury Elijona pvp9 ToS
    Lietus pvp2 BS

Quote Originally Posted by Shax84 View Post
    I have played this game on 5-6 different computers at least since 2008 and never seen this before.
    Not doubting that. But here it is. I'm just trying to figure out why? I'll try a different DX version as Shax84 suggested. I haven't tried that. I think we are all using DX10. I'll try 9.

That is the most oddest thing I have ever seen Lol.

When you downloaded the game, can you remember if the patcher directly opened? Or did a DirectX patch happen before the patcher opened?
    Halfdead/Ghiaour
    Grandmaster Tos
    Rogue Angels
    Time Trial Vids

This happens because of two reasons.
    1. The name of the font is set incorrectly in the TextColors.xml for example you're white is one of the affected colors which is supposed to look like " <HTMLColor name="ct_system" color="white" />" But if it gets changed to <HTMLColor name="ct_system1" color="white1" /> it will give you black.
    2. The entire TextColors.html is missing and the game cant define the colors (funny some were still working tho).

I tried, for fun sake to delete the textcolors.xml file located at :\Age of Conan\Data\Gui\Default and my game turned black as well. http://i.imgur.com/VmVaqGo.png
    How I fixed this was actually extremly easy. Since I deleted the textcolors.xml the game detected a file was missing and decided to gently download it for me again and it worked. Now what you have done is either sabotage your client or something is wrong with the 6 computers. This is impossible to happen.

Try running patchersetup.exe. If that doesnt work, go have fun in another game as it worked for me.
    Fass
    Professional northmen slayer of saga
    {Circle of Eternity}

Don't know how in the world that file could be changed/corrupted on 6 machines Lol.
    Halfdead/Ghiaour
    Grandmaster Tos
    Rogue Angels
    Time Trial Vids

Quote Originally Posted by Halfdead View Post
    Don't know how in the world that file could be changed/corrupted on 6 machines Lol.
    Yeah, something very weird is going on. It seems practically impossible that this is seriously happening on many different computers, and none of the suggestions in this thread have worked. It is making me wonder if there is somehow something wrong with the latest installer, and anyone downloading the game today would have the same issue.

@mijorious Have you tried contacting Funcom customer support? Live chat, or help.funcom.com would be where I would try.

Quote Originally Posted by Halfdead View Post
    That is the most oddest thing I have ever seen Lol.

When you downloaded the game, can you remember if the patcher directly opened? Or did a DirectX patch happen before the patcher opened?
    I think the patcher directly opened, not sure.

Quote Originally Posted by Fass View Post
    This happens because of two reasons.
    1. The name of the font is set incorrectly in the TextColors.xml for example you're white is one of the affected colors which is supposed to look like " <HTMLColor name="ct_system" color="white" />" But if it gets changed to <HTMLColor name="ct_system1" color="white1" /> it will give you black.
    2. The entire TextColors.html is missing and the game cant define the colors (funny some were still working tho).

I tried, for fun sake to delete the textcolors.xml file located at :\Age of Conan\Data\Gui\Default and my game turned black as well. http://i.imgur.com/VmVaqGo.png
    How I fixed this was actually extremly easy. Since I deleted the textcolors.xml the game detected a file was missing and decided to gently download it for me again and it worked. Now what you have done is either sabotage your client or something is wrong with the 6 computers. This is impossible to happen.

Try running patchersetup.exe. If that doesnt work, go have fun in another game as it worked for me.
    I found the textcolors.xml and tried to open it. I've worked with .xml files before and use Expression web as my editor of choice. However, expression web can't recognize the encoding of the file and no text editor can open it either. Strange. I checked the file on my wife and Son's computers also and same thing. Cannot edit it. I'll delete the file and run patchersetup.exe again. However, I've done clean installs with no luck with the text.

Quote Originally Posted by tapwater View Post
    Yeah, something very weird is going on. It seems practically impossible that this is seriously happening on many different computers, and none of the suggestions in this thread have worked. It is making me wonder if there is somehow something wrong with the latest installer, and anyone downloading the game today would have the same issue.

@mijorious Have you tried contacting Funcom customer support? Live chat, or help.funcom.com would be where I would try.
    I have not contacted support yet. I always check the forums first before doing that. I guess thats the direction I need to go next. Oh well.... Thanks for all the help and suggestions.

Some thoughts on why it could be happening on our computers are: 1.) We all have incompatible video cards. 2.) Something is wrong with the patcher corrupting files. 3.) Issues with our hard drives ( bad sectors, etc. ).

Anyway, you've seen the pics so you know I'm not a troll and this is not a Hoax. However, we have spent too much time on this issue and I feel bad. It's just a game. I'll open a ticket with support and if that doesn't work, I'll move one. It's not a big deal. Thanks again everyone for trying to help. I'll be getting a new rig this year anyway and I'll try again.
    Last edited by Anzu; 17th March 2015 at 08:48.

I had the strangest sense of deja vu after seeing the pictures. I have no memory of it but I'm sure that happened to me before.

I used to mess with UIs back in the day, installing different ones while game is running and whatnot, I could've possibly seen it then. The cause must be the patcher somehow if this is happening on so many fresh installs on different computers.

Here's my \data\gui\default\TextColors.xml file in case copying it works.
    <?xml version="1.0" encoding="UTF-8" standalone="yes" ?>
    <!-- $Change: 392055 $ (must be within the first 200 characters of the file) -->
    <Root>
    <HTMLColor name="html_link_color" color="0x3355FF" />

<HTMLColor name="black" color="0x000000" />
    <HTMLColor name="green" color="0x008000" />
    <HTMLColor name="silver" color="0xC0C0C0" />
    <HTMLColor name="lime" color="0x00FF00" />
    <HTMLColor name="gray" color="0x808080" />
    <HTMLColor name="olive" color="0x808000" />
    <HTMLColor name="white" color="0xFFFFFF" />
    <HTMLColor name="yellow" color="0xFFFF00" />
    <HTMLColor name="maroon" color="0x800000" />
    <HTMLColor name="navy" color="0x000080" />
    <HTMLColor name="red" color="0xff0000" />
    <HTMLColor name="blue" color="0x0000FF" />
    <HTMLColor name="purple" color="0x800080" />
    <HTMLColor name="teal" color="0x008080" />
    <HTMLColor name="fuchsia" color="0xFF00FF" />
    <HTMLColor name="aqua" color="0x00FFFF" />
    <HTMLColor name="orange" color="0xFF7F00" />

<HTMLColor name="active" color="0xFE5604" />
    <HTMLColor name="actv_disabled" color="0xA57B4A" />
    <HTMLColor name="standard" color="0x8A8A89" />
    <HTMLColor name="std_disabled" color="0x585858" />
    <HTMLColor name="negative" color="0xB41D1D" />
    <HTMLColor name="positive" color="0x5B933D" />
    <HTMLColor name="paperstd" color="0x5E4326" />
    <HTMLColor name="standard_bright" color="0xB7B7B7" />
    <HTMLColor name="tooltip_positive" color="0x7BE35D" />
    <HTMLColor name="tooltip_negative" color="0xFF3020" />
    <HTMLColor name="friends" color="0x6d6dff" />

<!-- Colors for item powerlevels -->
    <HTMLColor name="mundane" color="0x8A8A89"/>
    <HTMLColor name="superior" color="0xb7b7b7"/>
    <HTMLColor name="enchanted" color="0x5b933d"/>
    <HTMLColor name="rare" color="0x006ea7"/>
    <HTMLColor name="epic" color="0x8d11be"/>
    <HTMLColor name="legendary" color="0xE38F35"/>

<!-- Colors for light (world drop) versions of the same powerlevels -->
    <HTMLColor name="enchantedlight" color="0x99bc87"/>
    <HTMLColor name="rarelight" color="0x66b7e1"/>
    <HTMLColor name="epiclight" color="0xa66ebd"/>

<!-- Colors for money -->
    <HTMLColor name="money_gold" color="0xFE5604" />
    <HTMLColor name="money_silver" color="0x8A8A89" />
    <HTMLColor name="money_copper" color="0xA57B4A" />
    <HTMLColor name="money_tin" color="0x707070" />

<!-- Colors for money -->
    <HTMLColor name="gold_rank" color="0xCFB52B" />
    <HTMLColor name="silver_rank" color="0xE6E8FA" />
    <HTMLColor name="bronze_rank" color="0xA67D3D" />

<!-- Colors damage texts -->
    <HTMLFont name="self_healed" color="0x5B933D" font-size="small" font-style="bold" font-family='hyborian3' speed= "100" waitonscreen="2.0" direction="-1"/>
    <HTMLFont name="other_healed" color="0x5B9364" font-size="small" font-style="bold" font-family='hyborian3' speed= "100" waitonscreen="2.0" direction="-1"/>
    <HTMLFont name="self_healed_critical" color="0x5B933D" font-size="large" font-style="bold" font-family='hyborian3' speed= "50" waitonscreen="2.0" direction="0"/>
    <HTMLFont name="other_healed_critical" color="0x5B9364" font-size="large" font-style="bold" font-family='hyborian3' speed= "50" waitonscreen="2.0" direction="-1"/>

<HTMLFont name="self_attacked" color="0xb41d1d" font-size="small" font-style="bold" font-family='hyborian3' speed= "100" waitonscreen="2.0" direction="1"/>
    <HTMLFont name="other_attacked" color="0x8a8a89" font-size="small" font-style="bold" font-family='hyborian3' speed= "100" waitonscreen="2.0" direction="1"/>
    <HTMLFont name="self_attacked_unshielded" color="0xb41d1d" font-size="medium" font-style="bold" font-family='hyborian3' speed= "100" waitonscreen="2.0" direction="1"/>
    <HTMLFont name="other_attacked_unshielded" color="0xd7d7d7" font-size="medium" font-style="bold" font-family='hyborian3' speed= "100" waitonscreen="2.0" direction="1"/>
    <HTMLFont name="self_attacked_critical" color="0xb41d1d" font-size="medium" font-style="bold" font-family='hyborian3' speed= "50" waitonscreen="3.0" direction="1"/>
    <HTMLFont name="other_attacked_critical" color="0xd7d7d7" font-size="large" font-style="bold" font-family='hyborian3' speed= "50" waitonscreen="3.0" direction="0"/>

<HTMLFont name="self_attacked_spell" color="0xb41d1d" font-size="small" font-style="bold" font-family='hyborian3' speed= "100" waitonscreen="2.0" direction="1"/>
    <HTMLFont name="other_attacked_spell" color="0xFFFFFF" font-size="small" font-style="bold" font-family='hyborian3' speed= "100" waitonscreen="2.0" direction="1"/>
    <HTMLFont name="self_attacked_spell_critical" color="0xFFFFFF" font-size="large" font-style="bold" font-family='hyborian3' speed= "50" waitonscreen="3.0" direction="0"/>
    <HTMLFont name="other_attacked_spell_critical" color="0xFFFFFF" font-size="large" font-style="bold" font-family='hyborian3' speed= "50" waitonscreen="3.0" direction="0"/>

<HTMLFont name="self_attacked_combo" color="0xb41d1d" font-size="medium" font-style="bold" font-family='hyborian3' speed= "100" waitonscreen="2.0" direction="1"/>
    <HTMLFont name="other_attacked_combo" color="0xFF8040" font-size="medium" font-style="bold" font-family='hyborian3' speed= "100" waitonscreen="2.0" direction="1"/>
    <HTMLFont name="self_attacked_combo_critical" color="0xb41d1d" font-size="medium" font-style="bold" font-family='hyborian3' speed= "50" waitonscreen="3.0" direction="1"/>
    <HTMLFont name="other_attacked_combo_critical" color="0xFF8040" font-size="large" font-style="bold" font-family='hyborian3' speed= "50" waitonscreen="3.0" direction="0"/>
    <HTMLFont name="self_combo_name" color="0xb41d1d" font-size="small" font-style="bold" font-family='hyborian3' speed= "100" waitonscreen="2.0" direction="1"/>
    <HTMLFont name="other_combo_name" color="0xFF8040" font-size="small" font-style="bold" font-family='hyborian3' speed= "100" waitonscreen="2.0" direction="1"/>

<HTMLFont name="self_dodged" color="0xFFFFFF" font-size="medium" font-style="bold" font-family='hyborian3' speed= "100" waitonscreen="2.0" direction="1"/>
    <HTMLFont name="other_dodged" color="0x999999" font-size="medium" font-style="bold" font-family='hyborian3' speed= "100" waitonscreen="2.0" direction="1"/>
    <HTMLFont name="self_attacked_environment" color="0xb41d1d" font-size="medium" font-style="bold" font-family='hyborian3' speed= "100" waitonscreen="2.0" direction="1"/>
    <HTMLFont name="other_attacked_environment" color="0xBBBBBB" font-size="small" font-style="bold" font-family='hyborian3' speed= "100" waitonscreen="2.0" direction="1"/>

<HTMLFont name="stamina_gained" color="0x6da0ff" font-size="small" font-style="bold" font-family='hyborian3' speed= "100" waitonscreen="2.0" direction="-1"/>
    <HTMLFont name="stamina_lost" color="0x6da0ff" font-size="small" font-style="bold" font-family='hyborian3' speed= "100" waitonscreen="2.0" direction="1"/>
    <HTMLFont name="mana_gained" color="0x2222FF" font-size="small" font-style="bold" font-family='hyborian3' speed= "100" waitonscreen="2.0" direction="-1"/>
    <HTMLFont name="mana_lost" color="0x2222FF" font-size="small" font-style="bold" font-family='hyborian3' speed= "100" waitonscreen="2.0" direction="1"/>

<HTMLFont name="stamina_gained_critical" color="0x6da0ff" font-size="large" font-style="bold" font-family='hyborian3' speed= "50" waitonscreen="3.0" direction="-1"/>
    <HTMLFont name="mana_gained_critical" color="0x2222FF" font-size="large" font-style="bold" font-family='hyborian3' speed= "50" waitonscreen="3.0" direction="-1"/>
    <HTMLFont name="stamina_loss_critical" color="0x6da0ff" font-size="large" font-style="bold" font-family='hyborian3' speed= "50" waitonscreen="3.0" direction="1"/>
    <HTMLFont name="mana_loss_critical" color="0x2222FF" font-size="large" font-style="bold" font-family='hyborian3' speed= "50" waitonscreen="3.0" direction="1"/>

<HTMLFont name="xp_gained" color="0x9999FF" font-size="small" font-style="bold" font-family='hyborian3' speed= "50" waitonscreen="3.0" direction="-1"/>
    <HTMLFont name="murder_points_gained" color="0xa65300" font-size="small" font-style="bold" font-family='hyborian3' speed= "100" waitonscreen="2.0" direction="-1"/>
    <HTMLFont name="murder_points_gained_murderer" color="0xb41d1d" font-size="small" font-style="bold" font-family='hyborian3' speed= "100" waitonscreen="2.0" direction="-1"/>

<!-- "Magic" HTML colors used for the various chat groups -->

<HTMLColor name="ct_error" color="red" />
    <HTMLColor name="ct_system" color="white" />
    <HTMLColor name="ct_cmd_feedback" color="yellow" />

<HTMLColor name="ctch_admin_name" color="0xf35f00" />
    <HTMLColor name="ctch_admin_text" color="0xf35f00" />

<HTMLColor name="ctch_clan_name" color="0x1edd1d" />
    <HTMLColor name="ctch_clan_text" color="0x1edd1d" />

<HTMLColor name="ctch_emote_name" color="0xE38F35" />
    <HTMLColor name="ctch_emote_text" color="0xE38F35" />

<HTMLColor name="ctch_gm_name" color="0xe38f35" />
    <HTMLColor name="ctch_gm_text" color="0xe38f35" />

<HTMLColor name="ctch_misc_name" color="standard" />
    <HTMLColor name="ctch_misc_text" color="standard" />

<HTMLColor name="ctch_newbie_name" color="standard" />
    <HTMLColor name="ctch_newbie_text" color="standard" />

<HTMLColor name="ctch_news_name" color="standard" />
    <HTMLColor name="ctch_news_text" color="standard" />

<HTMLColor name="ctch_pgroup_name" color="standard" />
    <HTMLColor name="ctch_pgroup_text" color="standard" />

<HTMLColor name="ctch_seekingteam_name" color="standard" />
    <HTMLColor name="ctch_seekingteam_text" color="standard" />

<HTMLColor name="ctch_vicinity_name" color="standard_bright" />
    <HTMLColor name="ctch_vicinity_text" color="standard_bright" />

<HTMLColor name="ctch_whisper_name" color="0xce6bce" />
    <HTMLColor name="ctch_whisper_text" color="0xce6bce" />

<HTMLColor name="ctch_shout_name" color="0xffffff" />
    <HTMLColor name="ctch_shout_text" color="0xffffff" />

<HTMLColor name="ctch_team_name" color="0x6ea0ff" />
    <HTMLColor name="ctch_team_text" color="0x6ea0ff" />

<HTMLColor name="ctch_raid_name" color="0xc15f0e" />
    <HTMLColor name="ctch_raid_text" color="0xc15f0e" />

<HTMLColor name="ctch_tell_name" color="0xce6bce" />
    <HTMLColor name="ctch_tell_text" color="0xce6bce" />

<HTMLColor name="ctch_mehit_name" color="0xbd4400" />
    <HTMLColor name="ctch_mehit_text" color="0xbd4400" />

<HTMLColor name="ctch_mehealed_name" color="ctch_megotxp_name" />
    <HTMLColor name="ctch_mehealed_text" color="ctch_megotxp_text" />

<HTMLColor name="ctch_mypet" color="standard" />
    <HTMLColor name="ctch_otherpet" color="standard" />
    <HTMLColor name="ctch_megotxp_name" color="0x9799fe" />
    <HTMLColor name="ctch_megotxp_text" color="0x9799fe" />

<HTMLColor name="ctch_" color="0x9799fe" />

<!-- Guild Renowm colors -->
    <HTMLColor name="renown_valor" color="0x99c264" />
    <HTMLColor name="renown_glory" color="0xed1c24" />
    <HTMLColor name="renown_artistry" color="0x0076a3" />

<!-- Alternate Advancement colors -->
    <HTMLColor name="aa_general" color="0x006699" />
    <HTMLColor name="aa_archetype" color="0x990000" />
    <HTMLColor name="aa_class" color="0x339933" />

<HTMLColor name="pvp" color="0xfe9711" />
    <HTMLColor name="pve" color="0xfff600" />

<!-- Quest Colors -->
    <HTMLColor name="quest_selected_active" color="active" />
    <HTMLColor name="quest_selected_inactive" color="actv_disabled" />

<HTMLColor name="quest_tracked_active" color="0xc851ff" />
    <HTMLColor name="quest_tracked_inactive" color="0x73008c" />

<HTMLColor name="quest_nonetracked_active" color="silver" />
    <HTMLColor name="quest_nonetracked_inactive" color="std_disabled" />

</Root>

I did a fresh install yesterday and had no problem with black text... Whatever is haunting you, the game is telling you to move on.
    Fass
    Professional northmen slayer of saga
    {Circle of Eternity}

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast