Page 35 of 75 FirstFirst ... 2531323334353637383945 ... LastLast

Thread: Strange UI 2016

I have no idea what is causing this.

It should come from one of the TextColors.xml files. try to delete them and let the game redownload an original one.

Also check if you are in Dx10

I spoke to tech support and bizarrely the issue is to do with your anti-virus. I turned off my AV and allowed the patcher to complete the process of downloading files properly and then click "repair broken files" button and the game works as it should!

This must be an issue with patch 4.9 as I have never needed to turn off my AV before when patching the game, very weird!

On another note, I wanted to ask if it was possible to increase the size of the icons on my ability hot-bars they are a little too small at the moment, you can see at the bottom of the screenshot (see attached screenshot). Is it possible for me to increase the size?

https://www.dropbox.com/s/84s8zc7y5dn61wy/10.PNG?dl=0

By the way, I love this UI mod, it makes the game much more enjoyable to play

Regards

Mark

Quote Originally Posted by Marky View Post
    This must be an issue with patch 4.9 as I have never needed to turn off my AV before when patching the game, very weird!
    I will note, I have heard of people with your problem before over the past couple of years, but I believe this is the first time I have heard a solution posted. Good to know for any future people who have this problem.

Out of curiosity, which AV program(s) do you use?

Marky you should try one of the 'BIG' versions. Scroll down in AOCUI Installer to have access

Quote Originally Posted by tapwater View Post
    I will note, I have heard of people with your problem before over the past couple of years, but I believe this is the first time I have heard a solution posted. Good to know for any future people who have this problem.

Out of curiosity, which AV program(s) do you use?
    Yep I am currently using Kaspersky at the moment, however I never had any issues with prior patch updates regarding black text issues, so I'm unsure as to why this occurred in the first place.

Another thing to note is that I also run the Steam version of AOC and occasionally get messages about a corrupt database even though my game works flawlessly at times (sometimes I have run the verify database option in the past and then the patcher will complete and I would sometimes get the same message that database is corrupt and this was before installing any UI mods etc).

@MisterClean

Thanks, I somehow missed the "BIG" variant when I did my previous installation, now everything runs properly

Default stuck in loading window every time

Edit by Anzu: Worst. update ever
    Last edited by Anzu; 23rd April 2016 at 17:06.

I would have tried to find a solution you know. I would have.

Have fun.

Quote Originally Posted by MisterClean View Post
    I would have tried to find a solution you know. I would have.

Have fun.
    Hey mate, thank very much for the UI. You did a lot of good, and went above and beyond. Best of luck.

Quote Originally Posted by stiiixy View Post
    Hey mate, thank very much for the UI. You did a lot of good, and went above and beyond. Best of luck.
    I agree. This UI is great and I appreciate all of the work you have done with it MisterClean.
    Hrulfr - Bear Shaman of Crom