Page 29 of 75 FirstFirst ... 1925262728293031323339 ... LastLast

Thread: Strange UI 2016

Quote Originally Posted by Sifie View Post
    I read that Windows 10 or Microsoft through it mark some programs as incompatible without prior notification or giving the end user any choice in the matter. I don't know if this is the case here, but lets continue in PM's unless more people is experiencing the same issue. I'd like to know if aoc.exe was running fine on your PC, before friday.
    I have had the same problem with windows 10. However I have never been able to get the program to work with Win 10. I run the extension with admin privileges. Said it's activated then start dx10 conan.exe and the game won't start. However if I deactivate the aoc.exe the game starts everytime. I just assumed I wasn't doing something right in the process.

Quote Originally Posted by Bearlife View Post
    I have had the same problem with windows 10. However I have never been able to get the program to work with Win 10. I run the extension with admin privileges. Said it's activated then start dx10 conan.exe and the game won't start. However if I deactivate the aoc.exe the game starts everytime. I just assumed I wasn't doing something right in the process.
    Good to know there are more, it will hopefully make it easier to find the cause. I reinstalled Windows 10 yesterday and aoc.exe runs just fine on my system when I launch Ageofconan.exe or AgeofConandx10.exe. I was running the 64bit enterprise version. I'll build a version of aoc.exe that will write some debug info to a text file. I'd like if those of you with issues will try and run, then we'll see if we can narrow it down.

For those of you that use Aoc.exe under Windows 10, try this build: Aoc.exe (debug build). Only change from last official version is that it write some debug info to Aoc.txt, so no reason to get this if you have no issues with Aoc.exe.

Be sure to activate this version of Aoc.exe after you unpacked it. Then go to your main AoC installation and execute either AgeOfConan.exe or AgeOfConanDX10.exe. Do not use a shortcut! Aoc.txt will then be written to your AoC installation folder. I'd like to see these debug outputs along with a description of how far in the launching process you feel you get before it goes wrong and what error message you get. Either here or preferable in a PM to me.

Cheers!
    Last edited by Sifie; 14th December 2015 at 15:30.

Quote Originally Posted by MisterClean View Post
    Thank you very much Sifie
    You're welcome. Not easy to find the time for this before Christmas, but I'll give it a try.

I initially (read: when upgrading to Windows 10) also had problems with Age of Conan not loading with weird error messages when AOC.exe was active.
    For me this issue was solved from the moment when I started Age of Conan as administrator - which was not needed on Windows 7...

I can only assume that since AoC.exe is needed to be run as admin, you now also need that for Age of Conan itself (which silently launches AoC.exe)
    - which actually is sort of logical

maybe worth a try for you guys!?

I also advise to run it as admin

By the way, here is a new version of Strange UI! Version 2.2

DOWNLOAD HERE

-1 new button under the minimap to open the worlmap
    -F.A.Q. in the second post of the thread
    -SweetFX Included. Not activated by default. If you want to try it, open Strange UI 2-2.zip and delete the first "AOCUIInstaller.xml" you find. Then continue the installation as usual.
    I kept it simple, the game looks more HD, got rid of the white veil effect and improved the lightning. I recommend using it with 1.30 Gamma, no God rays and no antialiasing.

Feel free to add your own sreenshots here

I think there has been some fixing and adjusting for the customized waypoints since the 08.26.2015 update.

You're right, but last time I checked, the download links were broken. I wil update strange ui asap.
    Thx

Wow thanks for including SweetFX, will give this a download & post some pics

EDIT: Just a note, was getting "The procedure entry point CreateDXGIFactory2 could not be located in the dynamic link library C:\WINDOWS\SYSTEM32\d3d11.dll" as an error after installing.

Searched through the FX forums & found changing the name of the "dxgi.dll" file in the AoC folder to "dxgi_bak.dll" or just deleting it seems to get it to work.

http://forums.nexusmods.com/index.ph...ue-to-sweetfx/
    Last edited by Rhyxx; 16th December 2015 at 16:18.