Page 59 of 75 FirstFirst ... 94955565758596061626369 ... LastLast

Thread: Strange UI 2016

sweet

as for the damage you do yourself I still haven't experimented a whole lot, though I don't think there is much to be done.

as soon as you change the white(which imo shouldn't be the same as your own magic crits...) magic crit self taken to something like I suggested, then all white magic damage is no problem, except for snow zones if you have high gamma or something, but you can't have it all.

I mean if you only play tos or something, it would be cool with lightning colored ones, but then you swap to hox and it isn't gonna be as cool, so will need something universal, which white is.

for melee I think it's gonna be hard to find something to replace the orange for combos. maybe that orange could be improved upon, but, this color is so classic at this point, can't change it by much.

shielded whitehits vs. unshielded whitehits there is a slight difference, where shielded whitehits are more grey. Doesn't matter

fatality chance damage is grey. nice to make the fatality effects stand out! but this one I think size should be way larger. So many times I make a massive fatality chance hit, but it barely shows on the screen with the grey and small size of it.

Quote Originally Posted by Limerish View Post
    Hi,
    recently updated graphics card and monitor and here is what i get:
    online photo storage

Would you have any ideas how to fix those vertical and horizontal lines, or what causes them?

Reinstalled strange ui without the aoc.exe and did not help, so it could be vga or monitor settings somewhere, just not sure what to look for

I had similar issues and solved it by deactivating AA in gfx settings in the windows controll panel.

Quote Originally Posted by Foxcat View Post
    aoc.exe has no effect on this, thats for sure. What you see is the black, semitransparent background tiles in the windows not being proberly defined or aligned at higher resolutions. I can think of three causes/solutions.

1. The background isn't tiled right in the appropriate .xml UI files.
    Fix: Edit the appropriate UI .xml files to make sure it handles the tiling right at higher resolutions.

2. The background tile graphics having a different transparency at the edge.
    Fix: Correct the graphic by either editing the textureatlas .dds file that holds the background or edit the textureatlas .gat definition file to exclude the edge of the background tile.

3. In some rare cases this can be caused by the graphic card driver.
    Fix: Up or downgrade the driver to a different version. The newest isn't always the best. Or use one of the above solutions to fix it.

Hope it helps!
    #3 is the winner!
    Nvidia graphics driver v375.70 was at fault. yesterday a new driver came out and no more stripes

Good to know! That said I will probably fix the dark parts of the UI one day since they are not meant to work with higher rez.

Quote Originally Posted by Limerish View Post
    #3 is the winner!
    Nvidia graphics driver v375.70 was at fault. yesterday a new driver came out and no more stripes
    Lemme guess; Windows 10?

Mr. Clean, I love this UI. The amount of customization and how it's improved since I last tried it is great. I can't wait to see that new hard-to-move TT; it would be awesome to be able to put it in the middle of the screen without the mouse interfering.

But there are two things I've noticed that I miss from MirageUI (and default UI since I think Mirage was based on default):
    1.- The combo steps are so "transparent" that I have a hard time telling if I've connected the last step or not, especially in PvP, where I need fast reactions. It's hard to distinguish the red or green because it's not really that defined, even in the big version.
    2.- I cannot hover the mouse over someone in group/raid list to see the basic information like level and where that player is anymore. I used that a lot to check if the player was level 80 and to see in which region he was. I know it didn't update as that player zoned, but, when I zoned, it did. I miss that function.

EDIT: Now, in a raid, it seems the hover-info works, so maybe it's only in group where it doesn't.
    EDIT2: a friend of mine told me I could just delete ComboSequenceIndicator folder so the game would use the default one, and that did the trick. So nevermind the first issue.
    Last edited by Patoson; 19th November 2016 at 20:32.

Thank you veeery much!

I will add an opacity option for the CSI.

About the mouse hover, it should work everytime. Maybe an in game option? I'm not at home I cant check

I think I found the problem. The hover info doesn't work if you install the classic group list debuffs, but it does work with the new one (and this new one looks better anyway!).

I use the red moveable target's target (second option, without buffs), and many times something appears in between the name in the middle of the bar. I'm guessing it's hp numbers, and it disappears when I put mouse over it then move it away, but I have to do it practically every time I switch targets. It happens on both Red and Yellow TT without buffs. Is there any way to fix this?

Any update when lurvi's minimalist 3x17 will be available? Looking foward to switch to that with some minor tweaks myself