Page 25 of 75 FirstFirst ... 1521222324252627282935 ... LastLast

Thread: Strange UI 2016

You're absolutely right.

Thx Anzu !

Now you have all the keys Harcesis. Good luck

Upgraded to 2.0, some very cool stuff there, thanks for your hard work MisterClean. A few things I would like to change though, and I was hoping someone could help me. I seem to be the exception in that I prefer the default login screen. Is there something I can maybe delete to get the default? I remember deleting an image file in another UI a long time ago, and I got the default back.

Also, I'm not sure if this is the intention or not, but in 2.0 currently, if you choose the "lore" loading screen option, every loading screen (or at least many) gets the picture of Conan and Lu Zhi as the background, instead of the varied backgrounds in the default game, and I kinda like the artwork for some zones like the loading screens for Dragonspine or Paikang stuff. Is there something I can delete to get the default loading screen, or even better, replace with something from older versions of this UI to get it back to how it worked before ?

EDIT: Is there also a way to stop the automatic start of /logcombat on? I don't always need it since I do a lot of time training on alts etc and end up with tons of empty logs.
    Last edited by Greyloins; 14th November 2015 at 15:51.

Hey Greyloin! thank you very much

As for your questions:

To get the default login screen, once you've installed Strange UI, go to age of conan/data/gui/customized/launcher , and delete login.xml

About the loading screen: go to age of conan/data/gui/Aoc , and delete the "loading screens" folder

Your last question though... I don't know where it comes from. Long time ago I wanted to create a script that would have launched some /setoptions as soon as you log in, but I figured my settings would not please everybody so I dropped the idea. Log combat should not start automatically. Could you tell me more about that issue ?

Quote Originally Posted by MisterClean View Post
    Hey Greyloin! thank you very much

As for your questions:

To get the default login screen, once you've installed Strange UI, go to age of conan/data/gui/customized/launcher , and delete login.xml

About the loading screen: go to age of conan/data/gui/Aoc , and delete the "loading screens" folder

Your last question though... I don't know where it comes from. Long time ago I wanted to create a script that would have launched some /setoptions as soon as you log in, but I figured my settings would not please everybody so I dropped the idea. Log combat should not start automatically. Could you tell me more about that issue ?
    Thank you for the help!

As for the automatic combat logging, I'm not sure what to say. Combat automatically logs, and I get this message when I log in:
    "[20:12] You have not started logging combat messages yet.
    [20:12] Logging combat to CombatLog-2015-11-14_2012.txt."

I can stop it on one character by clicking "Combat Log" "Off" under emotes and it won't happen again if I relog, but if I then relog to another character I will get it again on all characters, and I guess it will also happen on new characters.

Also I played some more with 2.0, and it appears like what I said about the background of Conan and Lu Zhi replacing normal artwork isn't true everywhere (that is, some places it works like before, in others the art is replaced by the Conan/Lu Zhi one), quite strange unless you were going for something very specific.

Quote Originally Posted by Greyloins View Post
    Thank you for the help!

As for the automatic combat logging, I'm not sure what to say. Combat automatically logs, and I get this message when I log in:
    "[20:12] You have not started logging combat messages yet.
    [20:12] Logging combat to CombatLog-2015-11-14_2012.txt."

I can stop it on one character by clicking "Combat Log" "Off" under emotes and it won't happen again if I relog, but if I then relog to another character I will get it again on all characters, and I guess it will also happen on new characters.

Also I played some more with 2.0, and it appears like what I said about the background of Conan and Lu Zhi replacing normal artwork isn't true everywhere (that is, some places it works like before, in others the art is replaced by the Conan/Lu Zhi one), quite strange unless you were going for something very specific.
    Go to your Age of Conan scripts folder. (C:\Program Files (x86)\Funcom\Age of Conan\scripts)
    look for a file called "auto_login". Open it in a text editor (notepad) and remove any logcombat lines.

Quote Originally Posted by tapwater View Post
    Go to your Age of Conan scripts folder. (C:\Program Files (x86)\Funcom\Age of Conan\scripts)
    look for a file called "auto_login". Open it in a text editor (notepad) and remove any logcombat lines.
    Thanks again, I should have thought about that

Yup! That is what you need to check. That said, it doesn't come with Strange UI. Like I said, I dropped the idea ages ago :/

About the loading screens, as far as I know, it is impossible to replace them all. So what I did is to replace the "bar room brawl" wallpaper that you could see here and there.
    Last edited by MisterClean; 14th November 2015 at 17:41.

This week, two players, who were not interested in Strange UI, asked if it was possible to use flash castbars with any UI. The answer is yes of course !

FLASH CASTBARS STAND ALONE ADD-ON

-Extract in Age of Conan/Data/Gui/
    -Run Aoc.exe as administrator
    -In game, follow the instructions below

Quote Originally Posted by MisterClean View Post
    You're absolutely right.

Thx Anzu !

Now you have all the keys Harcesis. Good luck
    Thanks guys! It worked
    Made one script for True and one for False, on two different G-keys. On and off. Perfect!
    Harcesis - Guard
    Lomaxx - BS
    Scoobie - TOS
    Gammern - Necro

I was still using MirageUI, but heard about the included scripts in your UI and I decided to give it a try. I'm impressed. It's my new favourite UI!

Would it be possible to have one or two more big versions (with bigger icons) for the normal bars? I tried the only big one but then I didn't have much space left for chat so I ended up using 3x25V and my only complaint is the icons are quite smaller, but I guess I'll just have to get used to it.

Anyway, really good UI! Thanks for making it!

EDIT: by the way, where is the latency/fps icon? I can't find it. Also the Rankings, I can't see it anywhere.
    Last edited by Patoson; 19th November 2015 at 16:24.