Page 31 of 75 FirstFirst ... 2127282930313233343541 ... LastLast

Thread: Strange UI 2016

Quote Originally Posted by Xateric View Post
    Gonna sound like a noob here but I cannot find where to enable moveable cast bars, I see moveable portrait and target of target.
    Press F10 - > Interface Options -> Advanced and then check the "Show timer bar" option.
    Retired

Hey there!

Just a quick message to tell you that I finally had some time to work on a 4K version. Thanks to the help of a few friends it's starting to look good
    It will take a lot of time to recreate all the options available for non 4K versions, so I think I will realease a 4K UI on its own, instead of including it as an option in the official Strange UI.

Also, I don't forget to update the "normal" UI and you will soon get something new (4 new castbars, 1 new movable target's target, Emote window update... among other surprises and small tweaks here and there). If you have any cool/creazy idea, feel free to share !

Hi there,

I'm using your StrangeUI and really like it so far. You asked for any crazy ideas, so I'll ask about two things I would like to see.

Is there any way to make the hotbar buttons smaller? I love how you have the hotbars separated into three sections for some of the layouts. I have always tried to make my hotbars/buttons as small as possible in the games that I play so that they take up less room on the screen and if I can do that here too I would be super happy. If it is an easy change that I could do myself I'd be interested in learning how to make the changes.

The only other thing I'd like to see are the default buttons for the guild, pvp, friends list etc instead of the text. I just think it would look better. The buttons used in the Enhanced UI that have been extended are quite nice. I wish I could port them over to your UI.

I've seen that you work on several UI's including older, out of date UI's, and think you are doing a great job.
    Hrulfr - Bear Shaman of Crom

hey Hrulfr! Thank you very much

About reducing the size, it's doable but it will look weird without some work. What size do you want the icons ? What is your resolution ?

About your second idea, it would be quite easy for me to add it as an option. I'll do it

Quote Originally Posted by MisterClean View Post
    hey Hrulfr! Thank you very much

About reducing the size, it's doable but it will look weird without some work. What size do you want the icons ? What is your resolution ?

About your second idea, it would be quite easy for me to add it as an option. I'll do it
    Thanks for the reply!

I play full screen at 1920x1080 and use the two row split setup for my hotbars/icons. It's not too bad honestly. If I could resize them I'd probably trim them down by 1/4 or so just so they take up less space. If it would be a hassle to resize the icons, then it's not worth the trouble though. It's good as it is.

I am looking forward to the buttons being added in as an option, that will be great

Thanks!
    Hrulfr - Bear Shaman of Crom

Thanks misterclean, I have a slight issue which I was wondering if anyone had a solution for.

When I'm using the Flash Castbars with the DX10 client, I seem to get a noticeable lag with my character.

It feels like when AoC is running in the background and the flash content is on top. I don't really know how to explain it properly but the movement etc is not smooth.

Doesn't seem to be an issue in DX9 though.

try to alt + tab two times. It should do the trick

Quote Originally Posted by MisterClean View Post
    try to alt + tab two times. It should do the trick
    Ah cheers! I'll give it a shot. Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Krixus View Post
    Ah cheers! I'll give it a shot. Thanks
    That's actually the officially accepted 'DX10 poor performance' workaround which should really have anything to do with the UI.

im having some problems after installing the ui with aoc ui installer. Here's a screenshot of the error messages that pops up. Dozens of them!

https://www.dropbox.com/s/k6tbnrh2er...48.03.png?dl=0

anyone know what to do? :P