Page 8 of 75 FirstFirst ... 4567891011121858 ... LastLast

Thread: Strange UI 2016

Thank you very much Paput!

Installation note: some of the files such as mouspointers, buttons, directional shields etc are now directly copied into the default folder. This way, as long as you use AOC quick start or equivalent that skips patcher, they will work 100%.
    The "bad" side is that you will most likely have to reinstall the UI after each patch.
    Foxcat already suggested me a solution but it will be for the next version of Strange UI 2015.

Great work with this UI! I've got a question for you. For a long time I've been looking for a very minimalistic and clean UI, I want as little of the UI to be seen as possible, I made an example here: http://i.imgur.com/UXB0ew9.jpg

Ofcourse it needs to be panels for the menu options and stuff aswell, but I just wanted to show how I ment with the combo-bars, is this something that can be added as a option in your UI? Or is it too much work.
    Moriala - The Ivory Tower

[Youtube Channel]

As I told you IG, I will try to do it as soon as I can

Not sure if anyone else has this problem? I tried to install this UI to see what you did, and my game does not load. Just crashes. So I installed Corruption, and all is well. Strange indeed.

This is interesting...and sad. Would you mind answering a few questions ?

What options did you choose ?
    Did you use AoCquickstart to allow direct start without patcher?
    Did you start the game from AgeofConanDX10.exe ?
    When exactly did the game crashed ?
    Do you run AoC as administrator ?

Whatever you do with the UI, the game shouldn't crash. Worse cases are: a) patcher can't be skipped for various reasons and you won't get the new buttons/shield colors/mousepointers b) Weird look if you choose a vertical portrait that does not correspond to your bottombars' choice c) Game doesn't start
    Last edited by MisterClean; 15th April 2015 at 02:13.

Well, I guess I should say game does not start. Screen goes black. I did all but admin, so am not sure. But, after I reloaded corruption...the directional shields I choose as red in strange are there in corruption now...as well as new conan and lady background. I like it, but odd indeed!

Yup, same for me, latest version of Strange UI crashes AOC when trying to start the game.

Anyway, I did a backup of my old customized folder and deleted the one with latest strangeui put the old one back in and the game runs again without problems. However...I now have the new loading screen from strangeui 1.6. How did that happen?
    Barb: Thomaran
    Hox1: Mweru
    Dt: Haikuju
    Hox2: Shugorann
    Tos: Nephertites
    Sin: Leogetz
    Necro: Viggomortis
    and others...

"The sky is green. It is because I say it is. And because I said it on the internet."

if you want to delete the shields and loading screen, just untick ''allow direct start without patcher'' in AoCQS.
    With the new UI update I modified some files inside the game itself. Nothing bad dont worry, just some images.
    Thing is, you have to skip the patcher to load them, otherwise the game will overwrite them and redownload the original files.

I will change the installation process today to make sure that it works and that everyone understands what he is doing. I will probably make a new video to explain everything
    Last edited by MisterClean; 15th April 2015 at 10:23.

I have done some changes to the original post so that installation process is clearer and easier.

I have also made a new video tutorial for Strange UI 2015 1.6: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sP1MMLzVDsg

With the new tool and explainations, I hope the UI will work for everybody and that you'll enjoy it

Page 8 of 75 FirstFirst ... 4567891011121858 ... LastLast