Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Barb, combo rotations+abilities for 1h and 2h

Upheavel dualwield unbuffed is disgusting... 100-200 hits in such a long combo. I prefer 3/4 wreck armors then the last (rank 1) as an updater after 10 sec
    Boyscout bearshaman

Quote Originally Posted by CueQue View Post
    Upheavel dualwield unbuffed is disgusting... 100-200 hits in such a long combo. I prefer 3/4 wreck armors then the last (rank 1) as an updater after 10 sec
    Upheaval is the highest single-target dps combo the barb has. "Unbuffed" should never enter the equation since if you're in a sustained dps situation you should be at 15X reaver stacks most of the time. That alone gives you significant weapon damage increase and +15% crit chance on CoS finishers.

Optimal rotations will depend on the specific situation. Generally speaking:

- highest single target dps rotation is Upheaval / Cos X or Upheaval / Cos VIII / JC III with little to distinguish the two. Second could be barely preferable in the "generic" situation due to JC III dot / shorter combo durations allowing for a slightly wider margin of error as well as its length being closer to a perfect divisor of 40 (Impale).

[Edit] To make it clear, the second rotation is Upheaval / JC III / Upheaval / CoS VIII.

- use of WA depends on several considerations, namely:
    a) if you have shrapnel feated and can hit 2+ mobs in your frontal cone, use it (shrapnel dps rises exponentially with the number of mobs hit)
    b) if you can kill the mobs in less than 10 seconds by bursting them down, it is usually faster to just kill them rather than to stack the torment
    c) if you're in a situation where others can stack the physical torment faster / more efficiently than you (e.g. raid with BS on your same target), use highest rank WA as opener, then let the others stack up to 5 and mantain
    Last edited by MagnusLL; 16th March 2015 at 14:27.

Well I hate to necro a thread, but I'm sitting on a just-add-water instant 80 barb. I want to go with 2H DPS so I was looking at Yawgmoths feats for it here: http://goo.gl/zdqu4a

The thing I don't understand is why take Spirit of the Panther in the reaver tree. Why dump three points into a combo that requires 1h weapons when every other feat selected is for a 2 hander? Is this feat bugged and I'm missing something, or is this build designed around swapping back and forth from 1h to 2h weapons?

Spirit of the Panther don't work with the 2H Upheaval version. The only reason I see for him having the three points there would be to swap to 1H Upheaval when stacks are built up.

I use this one and it works fine for me. Using Upheaval as prio 1 combo, Staggering Blow for Reverse Swing, Devastation and Stunning Punch as fillers. Would want to max that Atrocity feat if you don't have Without Warning ranked up. Since you have a fresh char I guess you don't :-)

http://goo.gl/lOR7Dv
    Last edited by Shax84; 27th December 2015 at 16:16.

yes, shax is right, a bit of switching can spice things a bit...
    but, as i said before, i don't have that much experience with 2h builds, so i'd advice to pick his build...
    "in the depths of a mind insane fantasy and reality are the same"

Yawgmoth (Ranger) - Nyxathid (Necro) - Yixlid (HoX) - Kaltas (DT) - Heung (BS) - Teysa (HoX) - Gatzu (Guard) - Krovax (Ranger) - Hurkyl (Barb) - Vedalken (PoM)

Spec Paralysis, half the groups you join won't have anyone doing physical wracks.

Hybrid 1h Upheaval and Bone Shatter is pretty brutal with T5 bonus.
    EvitoQQ @ YouTube
    THE IVORY TOWER - QQ - Schlenkerla/Hersch

Quote Originally Posted by MagnusLL View Post
    Upheaval is the highest single-target dps combo the barb has. "Unbuffed" should never enter the equation since if you're in a sustained dps situation you should be at 15X reaver stacks most of the time. That alone gives you significant weapon damage increase and +15% crit chance on CoS finishers.

Optimal rotations will depend on the specific situation. Generally speaking:

- highest single target dps rotation is Upheaval / Cos X or Upheaval / Cos VIII / JC III with little to distinguish the two. Second could be barely preferable in the "generic" situation due to JC III dot / shorter combo durations allowing for a slightly wider margin of error as well as its length being closer to a perfect divisor of 40 (Impale).

[Edit] To make it clear, the second rotation is Upheaval / JC III / Upheaval / CoS VIII.

- use of WA depends on several considerations, namely:
    a) if you have shrapnel feated and can hit 2+ mobs in your frontal cone, use it (shrapnel dps rises exponentially with the number of mobs hit)
    b) if you can kill the mobs in less than 10 seconds by bursting them down, it is usually faster to just kill them rather than to stack the torment
    c) if you're in a situation where others can stack the physical torment faster / more efficiently than you (e.g. raid with BS on your same target), use highest rank WA as opener, then let the others stack up to 5 and mantain
    Also good way to top DPS is interrupt each of your Upheaval combo which doesn't critical damage. With new Devastation and often crits it is very powerful tool for DPS.
    Last edited by Aett; 28th December 2015 at 12:42.

Try boneshatter instead of upheaval (for dual wield), or both, but never upheaval instead of boneshatter.

I've seen some barbs just spam upheaval and CoS and obviously doing low dps, when, with just 1 point in boneshatter, and using it as main combo, you will get much better results. Like Evito said, T5 bonus only works with boneshatter, and the dual wield version is a really good combo; in fact, it's the best version of the dot.

With reaver + general build I use boneshatter + without warning with rotation boneshatter - cosX - cosVI and it works well as an "all-rounder" build. Sometimes I've used boneshatter + upheaval, replacing cosX with upheaval, but then I lost my stacks sometimes and I didn't gain them as easily, so the outcome wasn't really better.

You are talking T5 bonuses, CoS vs Upheaval vs Bone Shatter, and the guy had a question what 2H build that was recommended for his insta-80 barbarian. Gonna be some time before he can utilize the T5 rune, I think.

I'm sorry for going off-topic. I was just replying to MagnusLL about upheaval being the hardest-hitting dual wield combo.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast