Page 4 of 9 FirstFirst 12345678 ... LastLast

Thread: Game Director Letter - March

I think it'll rather be like they let classes use different types of weaponry, add/change 1-2 combos/skills per class and change exisiting combos to support various weapon-types in a way that different weapons cause different extra-effects. For instance they could give 1h-blunt-weapons +armor penetration while 1h edged might cause + duration on dot-abilities or something that way. If they did it another way it would mean that they'd have to rebalance all classes at once which I don't see as too realistic.
    Rather they'll do something that fits into a classes description while still not requiring them to do costly things such as new animations, so I guess you're not gonna see those claws on your sin, Zatochi, maybe rather a crossbow of some sort. I guess that also means that only some classes are going to be able to use new weapons at all while others won't.

Quote Originally Posted by MajorLazer View Post
    "As this system is in the early stages of design, it is important to note that our plans might change. But currently, we are planning on using the system to expand the weapon types available to various classes, as well as unlocking new combos and abilities for those weapons. This will create a greater amount of versatility within each class – and allows us to itemize the game with new weapons made useful for expanded."

OK so... new combos YES !! new abilities YES !! very good idea...

EXPAND THE WEAPON TYPES AVAILABLE TO VARIOUS CLASSES !!! OMG SERIOUS ........................................ WORST MISTAKE IN THE HISTORY OF AGE OF CONAN.

CLEARLY THE END OF THE GAME IN PERSPECTIVE.

serious you imagine guardian with polarm and shield in same time, or dt with polarm O.O or conq with 2 hands and shield in same time comone serious ??

OR LOL SIN WITH POLARM XD
    You seem to have a weird connection to huge sticks...just sayin...
    The Noob Comic, best parody on MMO-gaming ever. Funcom featured @Page 318
    Gone with the blastwave For those special post-nuclear moments...
    Apprentice Shield of the Risen opener

Quote Originally Posted by Bibik View Post
    Other thing that fear me is the "new and exciting something" project. It's surely too early to foresee about it, but i can't get out of my mind Funcom is preparing another AAA project after TSW & Lego failures and it will be another risk for the studio if it fails. Meaning more restructurates and less people working on existing titles (like if its possible to do so, skeleton crew can't die anyway).

Unless... unless... if its another expansion for AoC ? (*pop the bubble*)
    Clearly he is working on AoC 2...

... a focused mid-core FTP online game based on a known brand or other strong intellectual property. Also expect Conan minifigures in your local LEGO store any time soon.
    Rathothis|Tempest of Set || Tigrathes|Dark Templar || Isitnofret|Herald of Xotli
    BS|Sin|Demo|Barb|Conq
    Sudatorius|Noob barb on Rage

I'm looking forward to the xbow + polearm combination for guardians so we can finally do some decent ranged damage :P
    https://cynarablog.files.wordpress.c...e-and-xbow.jpg

We are losing our GD...and this time there will be no replacement?

I'm not liking Joel leaving. What he did with his short time in AoC vastly improved the game.

Transfers from rage?????? When When!?
    The Law of Fury

Quote Originally Posted by cynara View Post
    I'm looking forward to the xbow + polearm combination for guardians so we can finally do some decent ranged damage :P
    https://cynarablog.files.wordpress.c...e-and-xbow.jpg
    Hah. Maybe they'll make it so HoX's can shoot two hand swords from their crossbows...

And happy tcp/udp trails, Joel.

Quote Originally Posted by Chegy4 View Post
    Transfers from rage?????? When When!?
    When they can make them work without Ingots coming with us
    Quote Originally Posted by Naberu
    "Is she blood-related? If not, j-j-jam it in! If so, meh...j-j-jam it in anyways!"

Quote Originally Posted by Jin-chan View Post
    When they can make them work without Ingots coming with us
    50G limit and no raid related items- Done.

It ain't rocket science, and there's no reason it should have taken this long and even more so why can't they communicate about the problems and ideas about how they plan to get the xfers done. Unfortunately we won't get an official comment about it on this thread or any other.
    Usedtissue Necro 10//Emptycan ToS 7//Puggles HoX 6//Ammagaden Guard 5//Trollololo Conq 5//Bottlecap DT 2

PM me to sign the Minigame buddy sign-up petition: (http://forums.ageofconan.com/showthr...40#post2135540)

Chest digging, panorama's, achievements, new weapons via AA, *cough* masteries *cough*...... It all seems very familiar.......

Everyone hang tight. I gotta go farm mats for my Ascended armour and Legendary Weapon. Hopefully a Precursor will drop while I'm farming.
    Yangrin | Yangbear | Krem | Marsheesh | Oforawesome | Pappalegba | Yangryn
    -------------------
    Age of Conan Wiki | Still waiting for Half Life 3 - FU Gabe Newell! / May 2014 Update! It's apparently been "worked on"!!!!! #Sarcasm | PvP approach: The 'Cup of Tea' stratagem. That upon finding myself in a PvP zone & being attacked, I get up, walk away from the keyboard and go and make a cup of tea.

Quote Originally Posted by MashMash View Post
    Everyone hang tight. I gotta go farm mats for my Ascended armour and Legendary Weapon. Hopefully a Precursor will drop while I'm farming.
    STAHP IT dont remind me how fail that was
    IVORY TOWER

Page 4 of 9 FirstFirst 12345678 ... LastLast