Page 2 of 9 FirstFirst 123456 ... LastLast

Thread: Game Director Letter - March

Quote Originally Posted by MisterClean View Post
    Joel is gone. It's sad.

However, if I understand it correctly, devs intend to allow us to wear more various weapons ?

Does it mean (hypothetical example) that my conq could get a polearm? Or a shield ?
    Or, more likely, crossbow combos ?
    I really hope not.

Though I do wish they'd implement vanity weapons, as long as it's the same type of weapon (1h to 1h, 2h to 2h, etc)

As much as I hate to see an awesome dude moving on, I still can't ignore the fact that once again the transfers have been ignored. I hate to be negative in a time like this when we should be celebrating the time joel had here, but the fact that they aren't even talking about it is pretty disgraceful. I simply don't understand what is so bad about talking to the community about a huge problem and let us help brainstorm a solution.
    Usedtissue Necro 10//Emptycan ToS 7//Puggles HoX 6//Ammagaden Guard 5//Trollololo Conq 5//Bottlecap DT 2

PM me to sign the Minigame buddy sign-up petition: (http://forums.ageofconan.com/showthr...40#post2135540)

Quote Originally Posted by MisterClean View Post
    Joel is gone. It's sad.

However, if I understand it correctly, devs intend to allow us to wear more various weapons ?

Does it mean (hypothetical example) that my conq could get a polearm? Or a shield ?
    Or, more likely, crossbow combos ?
    That's what it sounds like, but it sounds extremely weird considering how combos in aoc work... Combo animations are probably the best in any MMO ever, but it's not like Funcom has made many of them lately - feat combos like throat slash, fire lance or riposte don't even have unique animations. I struggle to think that making new polearm animations or whatever for conqs and DTs would be a good use of Funcoms time (especially considering they didn't complete T5 armor textures) ... I can understand letting necros use 1h blunts or something, although there aren't many with just magic dmg and not wisdom so I don't really see the point, unless the craft revamp will let you create int 1h blunts or something, and even then..

Sad that Bylos isn't gonna be GD anymore, though I hope he wasn't fibbing when he said all three games are going stronger than before.

Joel was good and honest game director, so it is sad to see him go.
    Thanks Joel for everything you've done for AoC in last years.

Wishing you all the best!
    ༼ つ ◕_◕ ༽つ Evil Elitist Veteran Wanker ༼ つ ◕_◕ ༽つ

-- Make AoC Great Again --

Quote Originally Posted by Usedtissue View Post
    As much as I hate to see an awesome dude moving on, I still can't ignore the fact that once again the transfers have been ignored. I hate to be negative in a time like this when we should be celebrating the time joel had here, but the fact that they aren't even talking about it is pretty disgraceful. I simply don't understand what is so bad about talking to the community about a huge problem and let us help brainstorm a solution.
    Its is a shame to see him go, but with the Funcom team shrinking and shrinking , and the blatant ignorance towards the transfer situation and communication regarding Rage i don't see a way forward now , all they care about is content that keeps Crom happy, as this is the only server that actually makes them money , sadly AoC is all about the PvE not the Drunken brawling and PvP...

Hehe where r those who laughed at trolls who cried on global for polearms for sins On the other side imagine bs with 2he or combo shield and blunt (weird tbh...) hopefully it will still be bit limited so we don't end up with dt's everywhere with toses polearms killing everything on sight...
    Gl Joel wherever you go to, and thanks for everything you've done to the game and community, it felt alive once again !

Hopefully the GD letters don't mysteriously disappear as the communication is already bad enough.

Break out cookies for Sezmra!
    Halfdead/Ghiaour
    Grandmaster Tos
    Rogue Angels
    Time Trial Vids

I read somewhere that Anarchy Online is getting switched off this year & AoC into life support, while I chuckled at the time of reading, now with Joel being moved on & the future game updates being handled as mentioned im starting to think it may not have been a joke

A variety of weapons? The game started with adding more weapons than necessary (Dagger-and-talisman Xotli!), and it turned out that having as many as we have now is enough for many a person to strive to achieve good results. Adding more will either clog your keybinds (for conquerors/guardians/DTs) or make it overly silly (opening inventory, changing a sword to a javelin, throwing a javelin to get a debuff on a boss). But, as the letter says, it is in the works; therefore, the developers will realize that this idea is not applicable to the game.
    Hopefully, the next director will make the game harsh, brutal, and give it the top status (with good advertising!)
    Removing almost all bugs should be the top priority now for the next years.
    Last edited by LunaticAsylumLA; 10th March 2015 at 04:51.
    • Remove daily rewards and the raid finder;
    • remove membership bonuses;
    • disable PVE XP for daily challenges;
    • remove WBs forever on Crom;
    • slow down the AA gain;
    • lower the PVP XP gain or remove the streak system;
    • remove AoE looting;
    • add the missing mobs back to Khesh., F. of the Dead, and Eigl. Mount.;
    • fix the 250+ms ping;
    • take the key away from Saddur;
    • revert T3, T3.5 (10.21.15), T4 (10.21.15), and GGG changes;
    • remove energy and add skills (like taunt) back.

Quote Originally Posted by Rhyxx View Post
    I read somewhere that Anarchy Online is getting switched off this year & AoC into life support, while I chuckled at the time of reading, now with Joel being moved on & the future game updates being handled as mentioned im starting to think it may not have been a joke
    You read that in early 2013, when Joel took over
    Rathothis|Tempest of Set || Tigrathes|Dark Templar || Isitnofret|Herald of Xotli
    BS|Sin|Demo|Barb|Conq
    Sudatorius|Noob barb on Rage

Page 2 of 9 FirstFirst 123456 ... LastLast