Page 12 of 15 FirstFirst ... 289101112131415 LastLast

Thread: Too much

I agree with Suctum, it's harder with a melee but not extremely so, it's certainly not a big deal at all. Even when you have a very good ping, you mostly have to predict kbs rather than react to them anyway (repulse, linebreakers, and w/e the non instant demo kb is called are exceptions because of their cast time which makes them pretty easy to double with any class, even with 150-200ms from my experience). In AoC you often need to be pro-active rather than reactive when it comes to something such as double tapping or interrupting an action to be fair (it's totally unlike some other games I've played such as Guild Wars 1 where interrupting actions by reacting quickly was a huge part of the game). The game has a certain clunkiness, a certain "lag" inherent to its mechanics (regardless of network latency or the speed of your hardware). For example look at this : https://youtu.be/nGcZaC3NCYM I see him start casting dooming presence which is VERY slow so I land a KB, and if you look closely you can see my kb hits him (combat log on the right proves it) and I even finish the cast but yet I get feared and he doesn't get kbed (and he didn't resist it or anything). That wasn't a lag spike or anything (we were both euros so mediocre latency though), it's just normal AoC gameplay. But if I had anticipated his fear I could have kbed and interrupted him (assuming he didn't see my kb coming or was too slow). Really it's the same when it comes to double tapping the quick or instant kbs, it makes little difference whether you're playing a caster or melee you have to think ahead anyway.

I probably double tap way better with my guard than my demo for that matter, simply because I'm much more comfortable with the class and can focus on analyzing my opponents' actions.
    Expert Shield of the Risen opener.

Tbh, it really makes me wonder what does bug out whilst two ccs are applied at the same time, as I've seen it happens an awful lot. Even when fighting the same class, doing the same BA, overwhelm or whatever and combat log showing the dmg numbers. Don't know if it's realted to lags or not, but it seems the cc is applied a tad AFTER the dmg numbers. At least as for my own combos, enemy ccs go in at everything from 50-75% of the castbar.

Quote Originally Posted by SamHam View Post
    Tbh, it really makes me wonder what does bug out whilst two ccs are applied at the same time, as I've seen it happens an awful lot. Even when fighting the same class, doing the same BA, overwhelm or whatever and combat log showing the dmg numbers. Don't know if it's realted to lags or not, but it seems the cc is applied a tad AFTER the dmg numbers. At least as for my own combos, enemy ccs go in at everything from 50-75% of the castbar.
    cc's can bug out if they are done at the exact same time, for instance 2 demos cast detonation at the exact same time both players get KB. Rare thing to happen but funny when it does.

Quote Originally Posted by Dodgeball View Post
    cc's can bug out if they are done at the exact same time, for instance 2 demos cast detonation at the exact same time both players get KB. Rare thing to happen but funny when it does.
    It has happened once to me.
    Doomsayer 2008

Quote Originally Posted by Suctum View Post
    It has happened once to me.
    I was comenting upon kalston's post So what I meant is both cc combos go through, but only one gets applied, that being the enemy's. That'd be ok(ish) if the bloody thing didn't go on the full cooldown...

Quote Originally Posted by SamHam View Post
    I was comenting upon kalston's post So what I meant is both cc combos go through, but only one gets applied, that being the enemy's. That'd be ok(ish) if the bloody thing didn't go on the full cooldown...
    I was commenting on Dogeball's post because I think he was the one that went down with me that time so...
    Doomsayer 2008

weird how this topic turned in an excuses of how people aren’t cheating.
    Ive personally played in the mini games when they where introduced, I can honestly say , this si the worst exploitation Ive seen in the games history,

To have a topic hijacked by the same group of forum posters, should be sending red flags to to the severity of this epidemic.

Cheaters seem to be able to explain everything away....

your problem is, that you see everywhere cheater and in everyone beating you...

He's just a really really bad troll. All he does in game is sit on global qqing about cheating and dying over and over in minis because he doesn't even try to play properly.
    Expert Shield of the Risen opener.

Quote Originally Posted by kalston View Post
    He's just a really really bad troll. All he does in game is sit on global qqing about cheating and dying over and over in minis because he doesn't even try to play properly.
    Omg, is it Schtunk?