Page 5 of 15 FirstFirst 123456789 ... LastLast

Thread: Too much

Quote Originally Posted by Kurt2013 View Post
    Aett makes good points, but what i find interesting is, that he obviously sees cheating only as in using third party tools, not exploiting bugs like combojump
    If you trained combojump for years, it is already put in your muscle memory.

If I spent more time for train combojump with dummy, than other person all his online time in general, I really should not receive profit from this?

Quote Originally Posted by Aett View Post
    If you trained combojump for years, it is already put in your muscle memory.

If I spent more time for train combojump with dummy, than other person all his online time in general, I really should not receive profit from this?
    Its a bug and your abusing faulty game mechanics if you do it... not saying its wrong to do it because almost everyone is doing it, it they fixed it I think it would be a good thing. With the servers in the US the game is lagging and people are porting enough from before.

Quote Originally Posted by Chass- View Post
    Its a bug and your abusing faulty game mechanics if you do it... not saying its wrong to do it because almost everyone is doing it, it they fixed it I think it would be a good thing. With the servers in the US the game is lagging and people are porting enough from before.
    Though you are totally right about lags and issue for EU players, I don't really think that combojumping can be considered exploiting.

It's not like combo-skipping, and it could probably be intended by original developers.
    If they fix it though we could adapt, but they should be very careful: completely locking pre-steps animation on the place (like final step) could gimp melee class quite much imo.
    This would need very good tests, and I see many more important aspects of the game where developers should focus their resources then fixing combojumping.
    Last edited by Korando-AoC; 10th March 2015 at 08:58.
    Retired nab.. once it was Korando (PvP 10 BS), Andromaeda (PvP 10 Sin), Calore (PvP 10 Demo) and minions...

Quote Originally Posted by Korando-AoC View Post
    Though you are totally right about lags and issue for EU players, I don't really think that combojumping can be considered exploiting.

It's not like combo-skipping, and it could probably be intended by original developers.
    If they fix it though we could adapt, but they should be very careful: completely locking pre-steps animation on the place (like final step) could gimp melee class quite much imo.
    This would need very good tests, and I see many more important aspects of the game where developers should focus their resources then fixing combojumping.
    If it were intended and not an exploit, then we would have more fitting active defenses or mechanics allowing more control over combo execution without using the always ridicolous looking jump animation in combat. And if the ORIGINAL devs wanted it, they would have included it in the manual. Also it would not be so ridicolously unbalanced compared with other incombat game mechanics.

You are just trying to justify an obvious exploit...sad thing is, that people are even proud of being skilled at it, same as with comboskipping. This only leads to bashing of advocates for proper game mechanics from which EVERYONE could benefit (again, as with comboskip).
    Last edited by Kurt2013; 10th March 2015 at 09:59.

Quote Originally Posted by Kurt2013 View Post
    If it were intended and not an exploit, then we would have more fitting active defenses or mechanics allowing more control over combo execution without using the always ridicolous looking jump animation in combat. And if the ORIGINAL devs wanted it, they would have included it in the manual. Also it would not be so ridicolously unbalanced compared with other incombat game mechanics.

You are just trying to justify an obvious exploit...sad thing is, that people are even proud of being skilled at it, same as with comboskipping. This only leads to bashing of advocates for proper game mechanics from which EVERYONE could benefit (again, as with comboskip).
    I don't care if combo jump is fixed, as you wrote it is not so much unbalanced, so I'm fine with It.
    And as Chass wrote it creates some lags, so again it would be good thing probably for EU players if it is fixed properly.

What I'm scared is that by reworking combo jumping they totally lock animation on combo presteps and white hits.
    No strafe or move forward/backward during presteps?
    No, thanks.
    Of course that would reduce the gap between new players and players with some PvP experience, but would also make melee gameplay a lot more dull imho (and gimped).

I have never known the "old" 1.x combat mechanic, since I'm relatively a new player.
    I have never learned combo skipping aswell (it was fixed after few time I started PvPing on my first char).
    But I'm quite fine with current combat mechanic.
    That's probably the only reason I still play AoC sometimes, and I don't want it to be screwed.
    Last edited by Korando-AoC; 10th March 2015 at 10:25.
    Retired nab.. once it was Korando (PvP 10 BS), Andromaeda (PvP 10 Sin), Calore (PvP 10 Demo) and minions...

Quote Originally Posted by Korando-AoC View Post
    ...I sent him tells couple of time, and he even does not try to negate that he use hacks, he just smiles .
    Isn't it funny?
    Last edited by Hopsing; 10th March 2015 at 11:26.

Quote Originally Posted by Chass- View Post
    There are people who want to improve their skill, and there are people who not want to do anything. After all it is much simpler to accuse others of dishonest game. For this type of players - The reason will be always - lag, bug, disbalance, combojump, too difficult to receive the good weapon, too difficult to raise Lvl 10 PvP and others and others. Grizzlers

I know a huge number of players from EU and RU which use combojump without problems, despite the 200 ping. And a lot of them can easily kill a lot of players from the US.

Quote Originally Posted by Aett View Post
    There are people who want to improve their skill, and there are people who not want to do anything. After all it is much simpler to accuse others of dishonest game. For this type of players - The reason will be always - lag, bug, disbalance, combojump, too difficult to receive the good weapon, too difficult to raise Lvl 10 PvP and others and others. Grizzlers

I know a huge number of players from EU and RU which use combojump without problems, despite the 200 ping. And a lot of them can easily kill a lot of players from the US.
    Just to clarify: I'm not saying its hard to do, not saying that this game is hard to play, nor the gear is hard to get and I'm not complaining/crying about jump skipping.

I'm also one of those players that play from EU(RU is also a part of EU btw) and I can beat anyone even with the lagging/porting/getting out of sync etc, but I think it would be good for the game if it wasn't that much porting, don't you agree? You should try to hit my sin, while I'm using speed buff+trying to get out of sync, its quite sad to watch actually.

The real problem is not Combojumping nor the Ping(i have 120-130 usually with mobile 4G LTE net) the real problems is that the players abusing game using any kind of software call it comber or speedhacking/teleporting is growing faster and Funcom is doing nothing about that.

I don't recall any BAN for those cheaters in fact they are doing is so obviously that it just makes the whole game even more sad for the people that really want to play just for fun...

If Funcom really won't do anything about it then i suggest them to implement those cheats in the next patch so as we everyone can just have them and nobody will cry for cheats cause it will be just legal (as it seems to be in Funcom PoV apparently)
    Last edited by Vouga; 10th March 2015 at 12:29.

Quote Originally Posted by Vouga View Post
    The real problem is not Combojumping nor the Ping(i have 120-130 usually with mobile 4G LTE net) the real problems is that the players abusing game using any kind of software call it comber or speedhacking/teleporting is growing faster and Funcom is doing nothing about that.

I don't recall any BAN for those cheaters in fact they are doing is so obviously that it just makes the whole game even more sad for the people that really want to play just for fun...

If Funcom really won't do anything about it then i suggest them to implement those cheats in the next patch so as we everyone can just have them and nobody will cry for cheats cause it will be just legal (as it seems to be in Funcom PoV apparently)
    Actualy, +1. Lets all be special.

Page 5 of 15 FirstFirst 123456789 ... LastLast