Page 4 of 15 FirstFirst 1234567814 ... LastLast

Thread: Too much

Moderators can't do anything, we're only players. You need to go to http://help.funcom.com, tag your message as Feedback and include as much evidence as you can.
    Short cuts make long delays.

Stuff like this? Edit by Anzu: Read what I wrote.

Hell yeah! This is so much skill or lag related ^^
    Last edited by Anzu; 5th March 2015 at 12:24.
    "Vɪᴄᴛᴏʀʏ ɪs ʀᴇsᴇʀᴠᴇᴅ ғᴏʀ ᴛʜᴏsᴇ ᴡʜᴏ ᴀʀᴇ ᴡɪʟʟɪɴɢ ᴛᴏ ᴘᴀʏ ɪᴛ's ᴘʀɪᴄᴇ." - Sᴜɴ Tᴢᴜ

Rᴀɴɢᴇʀ ʙʏ ʙɪʀᴛʜ: Mᴇᴍsʜᴜʀ ʜᴀs ᴘʟᴀʏᴇᴅ ғᴏʀ 325 ᴅᴀʏs 14 ʜᴏᴜʀs 38 ᴍɪɴᴜᴛᴇs 30 sᴇᴄᴏɴᴅs.

Quote Originally Posted by Kurt2013 View Post
    Your example can still be linked to lag. Happened to me, that i was ressed up and immediately killed again by a "ghost" multiple times. The engine synchronizing results in sometime illogical choices (e.g. someone charging is rooted at start charge point, but still applies a knockback charge to the target).

I also suspect the engine can be deliberately "tricked" into some weird behaviour (as in the past with necro pets), so the effects onesidely benefit one party only. Reason might be the different and unfair handling of controller types technically. If you have a chance to play with two clients or a friend in the same room, you can find out a lot of weird things and definitely count out "cheating" as source. All this of course benefits real cheaters...since they can always lie and blame something else.

That is why it is important when and how these things happen. If the DT somehow seems to ALWAYS apply fear at start of combo, it is obvious. Same with bs knockback (assasin snapkick cc somehow is STILL at the beginning of animation, but this is not the case for dt, barbs, conqs and bear shamans, e.g. snapkick cc is skipable though damage is not). If it is a onetime experience in combination with other weird things, it could be a lag spike. Same with demo...was only the gui display of the buff (hands of underworld) lagging or is it always happening (and comfortably for the demo only when he/she needs to get away fast?).

Random lag issues are statistical errors, they should not be reproduceable or always have the same effect. Exploits and active cheats are systematic errors. You can discern these types by when and how they happen as well, without knowing even much of their nature (or how they are generated).
    I totally agree with your post, good points and well explained.

Most of hacks accusations are wrong, I think we all agree about this.
    After writing my previous post, at late evening I logged for just 2 minigames and got tells from one ranger saying politely that he would have reported me (my sin).
    Apart a little laugh for the fun coincidence, imo is perfectly in each players right to report other players, if there are doubts about the use of cheats.
    What is wrong is that Funcom totally ignores these reporting.

Of course Funcom is right by not banning players based only on accusations (it's obvious).
    But where Funcom fails is by not investigating the reports they get, and of course by not analyzing and implementing measures to block the hack softwares that we all know exist.

Back to your post, when I wrote about the DT I have in mind a celebrity from Crom: it's a DT who ALWAYS applies the fear at start of Dooming Presence. He even has an alt DT little lower level with similar nick who does exactly the same. I sent him tells couple of time, and he even does not try to negate that he use hacks, he just smiles .

This guys has been reported many times, I remember videos aswell.

Now I wonder: ok, probably 90% (or more) of hack accusations are wrong (I probably failed aswell sometimes in my doubts toward some players).
    But in front of the evidence of a guy like that DT, and few more well documented hack celebrities aswell that we have on Crom, why Funcom does nothing?
    Last edited by Korando-AoC; 5th March 2015 at 12:19.
    Retired nab.. once it was Korando (PvP 10 BS), Andromaeda (PvP 10 Sin), Calore (PvP 10 Demo) and minions...

Well what I'm seeing right now looks like a good thing, more and more people voice their opinion and show that they actually care about it, so we might have some actions sooner or later.

Its pretty comon knowledge that one guild 90% or 100% of the players use third party programs in pvp.
    Hell one of them uses it since he was a newbie in blue gear on fury.
    Since he got kicked from every guild he joined he went crom and made his own guild. I think every person that plays minis on crom know who we are talking about i reported i know a few ppl that have done it as well and apparently FC does or did nothing so far.
    Can you plz let us know what can we do to prove they do it since the video is no acceptable as proof.
    Шторм-кнут

Quote Originally Posted by Edwardus View Post
    Its pretty comon knowledge that one guild 90% or 100% of the players use third party programs in pvp.
    Hell one of them uses it since he was a newbie in blue gear on fury.
    Since he got kicked from every guild he joined he went crom and made his own guild. I think every person that plays minis on crom know who we are talking about i reported i know a few ppl that have done it as well and apparently FC does or did nothing so far.
    Can you plz let us know what can we do to prove they do it since the video is no acceptable as proof.
    Yes, I know who you are talking about, as you probably know who is the DT I was talking about, as we all know their guild name.

It's quite fun how even avoiding names, everyone here - those who play on Crom - know these guys .. still no investigation from Funcom.
    Retired nab.. once it was Korando (PvP 10 BS), Andromaeda (PvP 10 Sin), Calore (PvP 10 Demo) and minions...

Quote Originally Posted by Korando-AoC View Post
    Yes, I know who you are talking about, as you probably know who is the DT I was talking about, as we all know their guild name.

It's quite fun how even avoiding names, everyone here - those who play on Crom - know these guys .. still no investigation from Funcom.
    I even invited gm to come and witness that guy on his own when my petition got answered while we were in the same mini but of course he didnt come,I posted him various videos and the only thing I got is ty you for your report I will investigate and take actions.Gms doing copy-paste the same line without investigating anything is a fact,so I stopped petitioning because it doesnt make any difference.
    Last edited by zeuss; 5th March 2015 at 18:09.
    IVORY TOWER

Quote Originally Posted by -Cyrisus View Post
    I come to this type of thread to familiarize myself with the BS that people can pull to cheat in the game so I know how to recognise it and try and avoid ruining my gametime by wasting my time with that sort of individual.

Unfortunately it's difficult to try and learn anything constructive when anything of actual importance is edited out of peoples posts.
    As relevant now as it was on page 2. Sigh.

Lightbulb How to solve the problem of speed hack? simple.

Funcom could implement so that the speed of the other player may be visible (such as the PVP level side) as follows.

PlayerX 80 (10) 105
    GuildY

PlayerX - name player
    80 - Level
    10 - PVP level
    105 -105% movement speed - (100% natural speed and + 5% perk passive rogue)

This could be enabled or disabled in "Interface".

Quote Originally Posted by Marechal View Post
    Funcom could implement so that the speed of the other player may be visible (such as the PVP level side) as follows.

PlayerX 80 (10) 105
    GuildY

PlayerX - name player
    80 - Level
    10 - PVP level
    105 -105% movement speed - (100% natural speed and + 5% perk passive rogue)

This could be enabled or disabled in "Interface".
    Good idea that should filter out some accusations against barbs, assasins and demos...and might also give a clue about bugs. But i doubt it will help properly with buffs that work on wrong base (e.g. effectively multiplying, not adding up with other buffs) or things that speed up animation (and i know at least one ranger on crom and fury that can do this). It is a bit sad, that they did not properly rework the comboskipping when they could have...it was a wasted opportunity to balance out the combo system (probably the knowledgeable people and animation artists were already sacked even back then).

GMs could use this number as well to compare things...especially if they can adjust themselves to the other speed and test things out.
    Last edited by Kurt2013; 6th March 2015 at 09:42.

Page 4 of 15 FirstFirst 1234567814 ... LastLast