Page 2 of 9 FirstFirst 123456 ... LastLast

Thread: What's wrong with this game?

Quote Originally Posted by Madae View Post
    What's wrong with this game?

Nothing!
    Als Hirte erlaube mir, zu dienen, mein Vater, Dir.
    Deine Macht reichst Du uns durch Deine Hand,
    diese verbindet uns wie ein heiliges Band.
    Wir waten durch ein Meer von Blut, gib uns dafür Kraft und Mut.
    In nomine Patris et Filii et Spiritus Sancti!
    [

Quote Originally Posted by Rathothis View Post
    Their fault, but our problem
    best part is when players need to find a way to fast fix broken stuff, "hey why cannot i sign mini" OH you need to keep the mini window open!
    to fix hair bug, u need to change ur power hat!
    to fix invisible horse ZOOM IN!
    The Law

For me, the game is a hoot and a half.

I took off a while with TSW, but it became boring. Too much was difficult for difficult's sake and had no rational justification. It became a chore to suspend disbelief. Also, the combat system, after experiencing AoC's, just wasn't up to snuff.

So, I'm back to AoC, the superior game, in my opinion.

The game has problems, but for me, nothing else is close. I've tried every other major mmo release in recent years, and most of them put me to sleep.

They'll never get a big influx of new players into a game this old. Best they can hope for is that the crafting update and other updates draw back some old players.

And some of you keep complaining about the world bosses, and I hate waiting to fill a group on WB week, too, but you really think it's a good idea to remove one of the games most popular features? Love it or hate it, WB is one of the most popular features in the game.

Unfortunately Funcoms method to fix dropping player base is to make a new mmo.
    Kinaputten

The groups while wbs are up has really improved. Since a few months backs it only adds an additional minute or two.
    Boyscout bearshaman

If they want to attempt to pull back any lost pvpers they need to enable 2-3 person group ques..

And merge servers but that one is obvious.
    Usedtissue Necro 10//Emptycan ToS 7//Puggles HoX 6//Ammagaden Guard 5//Trollololo Conq 5//Bottlecap DT 2

PM me to sign the Minigame buddy sign-up petition: (http://forums.ageofconan.com/showthr...40#post2135540)

Quote Originally Posted by Madae View Post
    What's wrong with this game?
    Main problem - very slow progression from Funcom. Game use ~20% of world map, main features was added too late (achivements, UC dungeons, raid vendors, pvp revamps), Turan & Dragon's Spine can't be compared with Khitai. Many outdate features (crafting, hide system, renown system) don't works on 100%. Very complicated and unrewarding high end game PVE content turn people off this game after T2/T3 raids. High end game PVP content unrewarding in all (sieges, tournaments)

No high end reward for pve? What are you talking about? Compare what we have to other mmos. In WoW you farm instances for a day, then normal mode and 3 weeks later "heroic". Unless you leech you won't even get near t3 in that time (talking about tanks).

And there is no endgame in pvp either. Not in any game. Arenas can be done in any pvp zone and the reward is pretty much the same in other games.
    Boyscout bearshaman

Quote Originally Posted by CueQue View Post
    No high end reward for pve? What are you talking about? Compare what we have to other mmos. In WoW you farm instances for a day, then normal mode and 3 weeks later "heroic". Unless you leech you won't even get near t3 in that time (talking about tanks).

And there is no endgame in pvp either. Not in any game. Arenas can be done in any pvp zone and the reward is pretty much the same in other games.
    Ok, let's compare with other mmos.

Archage: You can reward guild members with special gear if you have castle. Also, you can get tax from all people who have houses around your castle. In AoC, BK means nothing in our days, 99% of guilds don't fight for them, because bonuses from BK was nerfed to death. And even if you win siege, you don't get any pvp exp or gear for reward. You even don't have achivement if you win or lose BK. Win or lose, it doesn't matter, because you can set another siege in 2 days, and ALL guilds have enough pvp resources to build 10 BKs. And Bori was big fail too, I just don't want to talk about it again. You don't have any special reward if you win tournament. You even don't have achivement for that. You don't have any reward for pvp arena too. Player on Crom (PvE server) create PvP tournament with mini-games in last years. And gather gold for that. Funcom decide to help too, and say something about Funcom points for winners. So what? Nothing. Not even stupid cosmetic pet for winners. Lord of the Rings Online have battles for PvP castles every hour and they have 15 PvP levels, when AoC don't have sieges in all and have only 10 PvP levels. LOTRO have more PvP gear too.

And about raids. T1-T3 raids have good mechanic, interesting tactics and enough hard bosses with few easy bosses. And they have rewarding gear compared to difficulity of such raids. Even PUGs do them on weekly basic

T3.5 have hard bosses with not good gear, and Bat of Nergal still (after huge amount of fixes) looks like very hard boss with stupid compicated mechanic

T4 have very easy and hard bosses. T4 gear very good, but Funcom allow players get T4 accessory & weapons from very, very, very easy MC. And guilds farm to death MC. They farm in so many times what Funcom move weapons & accessory from MC to Zodiac & Emperor. BUT. They allow drops & accessory drops from Entity, and split raid into 2 parts. They try increase amount of raids on Zodiac & Emperor, but when they split T4, they just decrease amount of raids, because many guilds still don't farm Zodiac & Emperor. They just farm Entity and get all gear what they want. And Zodiac prime example of Funcom fails - hard boss with very complicated mechanics, bugs (bugged buttons). Mechanic so complicated what force all guild create special scripts what help kill that boss. Game don't have any ingame mechanic for scripts and plagins (even Lord of The Rings online and WoW have ingame features for plagin using). And without any good reward (in the past, Funcom add weapons, but it was too late).

T5 have very, very hard bosses. And that bosses give us prime example of all Funcom tactic: DPS race to survive. Sometimes, players must avoid "true" mechanic and use DPS race, because "true tactic" was very complicated. And if you have enough DPS, you can get T5 gear. Bugged (never seen on testetive server) gear what have some questional stats. T5 bosses have bugs too. Even T4 gear better when T5 in some parametres. And 1/2 of T5 gear have exact same design! BTW, ArchAge and Lord of the Rings Online have 20+ raid gear sets.

Page 2 of 9 FirstFirst 123456 ... LastLast