Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Server population

IMHO AoC mechainc so broken, and GM's very unprofessional, it's hard to understand if player use something or not.

Quote Originally Posted by Derled View Post
    few SH users but thats it, and i never said they cant, i just said they DONT, some people play fair way and not sucky enough to need use of third party programs to have chance in pvp / pve
    Don't tell too many people about that. Just imagine, if too many people transferred back to Fury, the tards (like that funny barb with the KB on Butcher, hehe) would likely transfer back as well.
    Rathothis|Tempest of Set || Tigrathes|Dark Templar || Isitnofret|Herald of Xotli
    BS|Sin|Demo|Barb|Conq
    Sudatorius|Noob barb on Rage

The population seems fine, but a dungeon group finder tool of some sort would help a lot. I regularly see groups fill within minutes of the request in global - pity they have to use global though.
    Requiem Nex Combat Monitor | Options not Saving temporary Fix
    Can Devs please fix:
    • new ressurections resetting the currently selected ressurect position
    • loot timeout windows disappearing before progress bar completes when box hasn't been opened quickly

Quote Originally Posted by Scaevacas View Post
    The population seems fine, but a dungeon group finder tool of some sort would help a lot. I regularly see groups fill within minutes of the request in global - pity they have to use global though.
    But would a istance finding tool do it better? except perhaps if you chose "random" instance.. But people don't join wyrm or ubah khan because they know they'll get squished like bugs.
    Boyscout bearshaman

I rather like the fact that to group and raid, or do anything for that matter, one has to communicate in AoC.

As a general rule, any system that allows you to bypass communication between people tend to make people dumber, which is overall very negative.

Following the same idea, i believe WoW with its high level assistance created an entire generation of mentally challenged players / retards, unable to socialize, or operate at the most basic communication level.

As for the lack of endgame reward, i would tend to disagree. I'm not so happpy with some aspects of T5, yet, i do believe endgame in AoC does offer a lot to its veterans and/or most active/invested players, even more so now with the achievements system.

Now, one might argue that "reward" means power gear, but that's a point of view i do not share.
    And i would go a sfar as saying that in MMOs, too many players focus on character power only, disregarding everything else, which ultimately is a big loss for them, because it just means they lost the very purpose of the game istelf and why one would play it in the first place.

To answer the OP question, population is good, but more importantly, there's a huge surge of activity with many players running after achievements. I like the current situation very much and would advise anyone fancy giving AoC a try to do it right now.
    {Circle of Eternity}
    Mellaus
    Lachdanann dt | Aldebarrand guard | Ataraxes demo | Tangorogrim tos | Aranruth barb | Demether pom | Errant ranger | Diluvien sin | Hekatomb necro | Haemmer bs | Nyarlathotep tos

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12