Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Lookin for people to play with

Quote Originally Posted by cohnahn View Post
    Im a level 21 barb and questing is startin to get a little boring with how dead everything is pure dps class not really looking to join a guild just wondering if anyone wanted to team up and kill stuff
    As others have mentioned, 95% of players have all classes at 80 and is only doing endgame content. I'd love to run through the levels again with a HoX or a Barbarian, but my slots are spent and I'm not buying more. Almost every quest is quite easy to do when it's marked green. Stay off the quests marked with red or group symbols unless you can get help with them.

As for playing the Barbarian in solo, key to success are keeping an eye out for which combos you are using, and having the highest base dps weapon you can at any time. Always use highest ranks of combos, and drop the ones you get at Tortage as soon as you can. Make keybinds for Clobber and Stunning Punch. As long as you are soloing, Blood Rage stance is the way forward. Make sure you feat Shock And Awe and Staggering Punch to improve your availability of CC's and also grant a slow to your Stunning Punch.

Use Staggering Blow to gain the +weapon damage, and use Butcher combos to nuke down the mobs.

Don't lose faith, it's a great game really but at seven years old, there is limited amount of players leveling, and given there is 4 big zones that offer quests at level 18-39 you'll be lucky to run into anyone doing the same quests as you at the same time you need to do it. And if you group with higher level players you get xp penalty for being carried. It's not easy to do quest grouping efficiently

Hi i have a lvl 20 demo im doing full quest run on ill probs be lvling him at weekends after 5pm uk time saturday and sunday so hit me up on Twistedfires for fun and lots of QQ
    Edit by Melcom: so not.

Quote Originally Posted by pekka View Post
    Subscribers also get 1 free lvl every 4 days on their account.
    When I bought RotGS and cashed in my free month, this was true. I got offline levels.

When that month ran out, I stopped receiving them. Makes sense.

But, I've been subbed for several months, now - paying ACTUAL money - and have yet to receive a single offline level. I've seen some who say that the rules changed and you only get them if you have a character at level 70 or above and I don't. But, at level 70, who needs the offline levels?

Quote Originally Posted by Karrapta View Post
    You see people asking about them in the chat but how many of them are actually formed? Besides I am not only talking about dungeons. I would like to play with others because:

1. I like to play with others, to advance with other players and socialize.
    2. I am having a hard time at some points which grinds my progression to a halt.
    I get many request windows popping up asking if I'd like to team up. But, thing is, people always seem to ask right when I'm fighting for my life and then - POOF! - up pops the request window, blocking my view of what's going on and then forcing me to fumble the cursor to the Cancel button, taking it away from where I've prepositioned it - like, near a healing potion - one time causing my guy to be killed.

Anyway, for me, grouping is not all too feasible. I'd like to do it, but I rarely have the time. When I do, I don't know for how long it will last and I don't want to team up and then discover that I have to go, potentially leaving a partner in the lurch. Uncool, I think.
    Last edited by ckirmser; 25th September 2015 at 13:25.

Quote Originally Posted by ckirmser View Post
    When I bought RotGS and cashed in my free month, this was true. I got offline levels.

When that month ran out, I stopped receiving them. Makes sense.

But, I've been subbed for several months, now - paying ACTUAL money - and have yet to receive a single offline level. I've seen some who say that the rules changed and you only get them if you have a character at level 70 or above and I don't. But, at level 70, who needs the offline levels?
    They did indeed change the rules some time ago, so that now you need at least one character at level 70+ to earn off-line levels.
    While is true that you do not need many offline levels at level 70 (although the lvl 70-80 stretch is probably the slowest and grindiest part of leveling), but if you decide to create more than one character, then you might want to use them on that second character if you do not want to go through the whole leveling process again. (Characters do need to be level 30+ before you can apply any offline levels to them.)

Default i can help you

i can help you get to 80 fast if youre interested in it? Send me a pm here on the forums and i will contact your char ingame.

Really believe it or not, getting gear at low lvl is just not worth it as you can lvl 80 very fast basicly naked even! As a barb you have enough survibility to lvl alone but as i said i can help you.

Just let me know.
    Rage - Liangxu - Demo

Quote Originally Posted by ErikT View Post
    They did indeed change the rules some time ago, so that now you need at least one character at level 70+ to earn off-line levels.
    While is true that you do not need many offline levels at level 70 (although the lvl 70-80 stretch is probably the slowest and grindiest part of leveling), but if you decide to create more than one character, then you might want to use them on that second character if you do not want to go through the whole leveling process again. (Characters do need to be level 30+ before you can apply any offline levels to them.)
    You speak of levelling as something horrible, which it is not. Granted, if it is your xx'eenth alt, you'd want to hit 80 as soon as possible. But getting every last drop out of leveling zones like the five in Cimmeria, Wild Lands and Khopshef is well worth the time invested. Game music on of course! I enjoyed levelling up most of my characters (guard and ranger found offline levels soon enough for some odd reason.....). Finding groups for the instances, and doing the quests there gets you up and away on levels. You'll reach the level 80 grinds fast enough. The guys who park their dudes on Death Masters Camp in Kheshatta ruins their own experience of the game in my opinion.

Quote Originally Posted by Shax84 View Post
    You speak of levelling as something horrible, which it is not. Granted, if it is your xx'eenth alt, you'd want to hit 80 as soon as possible. But getting every last drop out of leveling zones like the five in Cimmeria, Wild Lands and Khopshef is well worth the time invested. Game music on of course! I enjoyed levelling up most of my characters (guard and ranger found offline levels soon enough for some odd reason.....). Finding groups for the instances, and doing the quests there gets you up and away on levels. You'll reach the level 80 grinds fast enough. The guys who park their dudes on Death Masters Camp in Kheshatta ruins their own experience of the game in my opinion.
    I find levelling fun, too. But there are some levelling areas you might dislike or you might be f2p and not have the option of Turan, Forgotten City and Breach, leaving just villas as scaling side content. The only problem i see in levelling is that you now with "purist"s you have less chance of getting a group while keeping levelling for the instances. Or you need a few offline levels to join just that group that is advertising "now"...good use for offline levels imo.
    I agree about powerlevelling, but i do not mind them ruining their experience...that is their decision. But powerlevelling in open world ruins a lot of other players experiences. I would prefer them doing that in epic instances. But weirdly this is viewed as "exploiting", same as running instances as 80 for lowbie friends has been under attack recently. Some players do not want to play the game as intended, which is fine, unless they ruin it for others.

Quote Originally Posted by ErikT View Post
    Yet, the little tips that they put at the bottom of the splash screen when transitioning to a different area says nothing about this requirement. They still say that you get one level every four days.

Quote Originally Posted by Shax84 View Post
    It sounds like 80th level is pretty boring, unless one gets into PvP. I wish there would be some effort put into making it interesting for the PvE'er who make it to 80 - not that I have. My highest is 63, so still a ways to go, yet.
    Last edited by ckirmser; 28th September 2015 at 15:35.

Quote Originally Posted by ckirmser View Post
    It sounds like 80th level is pretty boring, unless one gets into PvP. I wish there would be some effort put into making it interesting for the PvE'er who make it to 80 - not that I have. My highest is 63, so still a ways to go, yet.
    What I mean is that the leveling process of a character, at least of each archetype, should not be rushed by too much offline levels or passive powerleveling.

Endgame PvE is far from boring. You can have a look at the various instances and where to start when you get there.

https://forums.ageofconan.com/showth...ungeon-Delving
    http://forums.ageofconan.com/showthr...and-Godslayers

For new players, there's actually quite a bit of lvl 80 pve to do, however the game is over 7 years old, so one would expect that somewhat.

The problem is for veteran toons, new content is very slow at this time.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast